Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,978 times)

RidgeTop

Hemi

Hemi

Good, maybe they will wake up.

Doubt it though...

Wweyland

Wweyland

It doesn't help that the game achievements are broken, this would keep some players (like me) grinding until all are unlocked.

RidgeTop

seattle24

seattle24

Any publicity is good publicity as they say!

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

They released a new update today, fixed the bugged achievements.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 20, 2021, 02:30:32 PM
They released a new update today, fixed the bugged achievements.

Anything new or is it just a bug fix?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just bug fixes

Samhain13

Samhain13

And weapon balancing changes, seems like mainly buffs.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Is there a list of changes to their hot fixes? It would be nice if we could start a thread of those like we did for Hunting Grounds.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 20, 2021, 09:00:57 PM
Hmm. Is there a list of changes to their hot fixes? It would be nice if we could start a thread of those like we did for Hunting Grounds.

There is a patch thread in this section, I'll add the full notes for this one there shortly.

https://t.co/PT5hBAQju8?amp=1

TheSailingRabbit

As much as I'm glad that they finally fixed the achievement issue, but I'm finding myself agreeing more and more with many of the "not recommended" reviews on Steam. The developers are not being transparent about their patches (What is "general stability fix?" What are you stabilizing?), and there are other problems that haven't been addressed. The code is a mess. The Aliens' AI can't pathfind for shit, and it's hilarious watching them freeze in place and stare at you after you stumble them, making them perfect targets. I don't think Stompy was "ground-breaking AI" but even he wasn't nearly this stupid, even if he was extremely predictable. I might encounter one or two pathfinding errors during a playthrough of Isolation--the runners, bursters, spitters, prowlers, etc. will get stuck or lost countless times each mission.

Frankly, the optimist in me hopes Fireteam will greatly improve over the next several months, but the realist in me understands that possibly won't happen. I don't plan on buying another product from Cold Iron until they learn from their mistakes with Fireteam.

Crazy Rich

I kinda just stopped playing all together a long while ago to be honest primarily because the poor matchmaking turned into a deal breaker for me and I've moved on to other games that feel more fulfilling.

Hemi

Hemi

They need a big addition to the game that makes us come back basically. I love the datamined "Patrols" stuff were you would have procedural generated maps, creating a different experience each time.

It also needs some sort of "infamy" system were you level up to 100 and can start over again with an increased XP bonus. Attach some cosmetics to each level and you have a good reason to come back again. Payday 2 does this brilliantly.

In the end though...this is a small game that got overwhelmed with attention when it dropped. It didn't need a big marketing budget, nor did it have the money.... the public and contentcreators did all the work for them. Excellent job if you ask me. Cold Iron came out as winners.

Some of us just want more of it haha. We must remind ourselves that this isn't some huge AAA+ studio with a massive budget etc.

Curious were this game will be in years time. Would be nice if it gained a stable playerbase. This is only achievable with replayable content. The campaign is just not going to cut it, and the current levelling system neither.

If we only get 2 more horde maps and 2 campaigns and 3 extra classes, this title is forgotten next year. No one is going to bother with these long enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed