Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,936 times)

RidgeTop

426Buddy

426Buddy

Crazy but interesting

SpreadEagleBeagle

Interesting concept from a game mechanic point of view but oh so DUMB and STUPID from an in-universe point of view. They're making the Xenos look beyond weak with this class.

Yeah, yeah, it's an arcade shooter blah, blah... But this is just dumb and out of character.

PAS Spinelli

This class was made to go against the Synths it seems, not specially for the Aliens, Drones, Warriors and Praetorians will still be able to go through the shield too, this will be useful to get attention of the Runners, but not of anything bigger

426Buddy

426Buddy

Certainly doesn't bother me  :laugh:

Beagle you should read Aliens Phalanx   ;)

judge death

Well even against androids/synths etc it dont work as they fire armour penetrating rounds, pulse rifle as example will go though it like butter.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 07, 2021, 07:11:04 PM
Yeah, yeah, it's an arcade shooter blah, blah... But this is just dumb and out of character.

Yeah, true, but it's important to remember it plays like an arcade shooter, blah, blah, blah.  ;D

Plus it's fun!

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 07, 2021, 07:13:06 PM
This class was made to go against the Synths it seems, not specially for the Aliens, Drones, Warriors and Praetorians will still be able to go through the shield too, this will be useful to get attention of the Runners, but not of anything bigger

Hmm. In regards to fighting Aliens, it feels like those miniboss bullet sponges would be the only thing I'd want to use a front-only shield against... except for maybe a well hidden spitter your team is trying to take out perhaps.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: judge death on Sep 07, 2021, 08:05:26 PM
Well even against androids/synths etc it dont work as they fire armour penetrating rounds, pulse rifle as example will go though it like butter.
Well, yeah, the Marines use those too, do you think they wouldn't know that and make the shield out of something that can endure that?

judge death

There is no sheild in existance that can or any material based on real life materials. unless you make it out of tank armour and it weights 500-1000kg then maybe....

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 07, 2021, 08:10:26 PM

Yeah, true, but it's important to remember it plays like an arcade shooter, blah, blah, blah.  ;D

Plus it's fun!

Hmm. In regards to fighting Aliens, it feels like those miniboss bullet sponges would be the only thing I'd want to use a front-only shield against... except for maybe a well hidden spitter your team is trying to take out perhaps.
Grapples will instantly put your shield away, so it means this will be good against Crushers, Bursters and Runners, but Warriors and Drones will quickly f**k you up with their grapples, SPECIALLY the Drone, Praetorians can grapple too but theirs is a bit rarer than the others.

Quote from: judge death on Sep 07, 2021, 08:19:06 PM
There is no sheild in existance that can or any material based on real life materials. unless you make it out of tank armour and it weights 500-1000kg then maybe....
Or maybe, just maybe, this is a scifi set 200 years in the future and it doesn't need to follow and limit itself to Earth's materials?
C'mon now, this feels like nitpicking at this point

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 07, 2021, 08:19:34 PM
Grapples will instantly put your shield away, so it means this will be good against Crushers, Bursters and Runners, but Warriors and Drones will quickly f**k you up with their grapples, SPECIALLY the Drone, Praetorians can grapple too but theirs is a bit rarer than the others.

I wouldn't 100% bet on full protection from the bursters, especially with the way their acid explodes in a sphere radius, but I guess we'll see how it blocks that.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 07, 2021, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 07, 2021, 08:19:34 PM

I wouldn't 100% bet on full protection from the bursters, especially with the way their acid explodes in a sphere radius, but I guess we'll see how it blocks that.
You can push the Bursters away with your shock pulse tho, this def looks interesting, might pair well with a flame turret while on horde mode too

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 07, 2021, 07:33:48 PM
Certainly doesn't bother me  :laugh:

Beagle you should read Aliens Phalanx   ;)

I think I'll skip that one as you're insinuating that there are humans successfully battling Xenos with the help of shields. Nope.

BlueMarsalis79

Literally one of the best stories ever put to print that features the Alien, the only thing to come close to Alex White's work, you punish only yourself by not reading it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 07, 2021, 08:10:26 PM

Plus it's fun!

Sure, I can accept this shield being able to block Burster/Popper splash damage, Spitter projectiles, Husks, Synths, flames/fire, bullets etc. but it should offer ZERO protection against Warriors, Drones, Facehuggers, Praetorians, explosions and Crushers, while it should offer limited protection against Facehuggers, electro-shock damage, Prowlers, Stalkers and Runners.

... Man, this game is like the opposite to Alien: Isolation. I hope someone will mod the game to make it more scary and "realistic": No more super human Marines (lower stamina, run slower, limited combat 'dolphin' rolls, aid kits take longer time to use, acid wounds that affect the Marine's aim, mobility etc., can't push away/off Xenos that grapple you unless the Xeno has lost more than half of its health already), fewer but faster and stealthier Aliens that cause double the damage.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 08, 2021, 12:28:39 AM
Literally one of the best stories ever put to print that features the Alien, the only thing to come close to Alex White's work, you punish only yourself by not reading it.

Weak Xenomorphs is an instant turn-off for me. Humans meleeing Xenos just make me lost any interest in the story. It's such a monumental break of character to me.

I mean, if you're gonna fight Xenos in melee with spears I'd say Alien: Sacrifice did it right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed