Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,753 times)

judge death

Can only play those difficulties if you beat the game on the start difficulties: standard or intense. As someone else said: beating missions alone with bots is from my tries almost impossible on intense. Is on third mission now on standard.
If someone has besten the game alone with bots only on intense I would love to hear it or higher difficulties :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I beat the first campaign alone on standard  ;D

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 27, 2021, 02:21:31 PM
Melee actually hurts the Aliens!?! Wow... That's really, really lame. I thought it just stunned and halted them, or pushed them back.

Man, they really turned the Aliens into weak, weak, weak cannon fodder in this one. Either that or lumbering lobotomized weightlifters with an affinity to flex and roar.

Yeah, I know, it's going for arcade fun, but you lose all the character of the franchise when you can literally push and punch a xeno to death, not only that you can also and/or outrun them and/or outmanouver them with quite ease. Zero fear.

I've watched a few video of people playing the game on Extreme difficulty and Insane difficulty, and although the players behave less cocky and super hero like and often don't get very far, the problem still remains: Enemies are only dangerous if there are a looottt of them and they manage to swamp you, or cornering you in the case your squadmates have fallen already. I feel like the standard Runner should be like the Prowler with the death splash of a Burster - that would make things a lot more interesting (...and realistic). 

Anyways, watching those Extreme & Insane difficulty gameplay videos I can't for the love of god understand why anyone would ever choose to play the game on Standard or Intense the second time you play through the campaign or when playing it on horde mode.
It does exactly 5 damage, and is a death sentence to do it on anything that isn't a Runner, Melee is straight up suicide no matter which Alien on the 3 higher difficulties, and believe me, the Aliens in this game aren't a joke, playing with the infinite Drone card is a blast because it makes the game really tense, I'd say this game respects the OG Drone and Warriors way more than others in the franchise

Some Old Dude

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 27, 2021, 03:20:09 PM

Teach me your wisdom oh great one! 😭🙏

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Aug 28, 2021, 06:29:28 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 27, 2021, 03:20:09 PM

Teach me your wisdom oh great one! 😭🙏

:laugh:

Did your bots survive 426?

426Buddy

426Buddy

They did!  ;D my bots have not been as issue, actually they have been better than me on a few occasions. I let them take the lead in firefights and try to keep the aliens focused on them. The hard part is having to go hit switches because they just follow you instantly.

However the first mission of the second campaign we all were killed but I think it was because I got distracted looking for secret chests lol.

SpreadEagleBeagle

@Judge Death
Ok, I didn't know that. That explains a lot though as I started getting annoyed with the absolute majority of people posting videos of them wading through Xenos on Standard difficulty.

So in order to play on Extreme difficulty you have to finish the game on Intense first or does finishing the game on Intense difficulty open up both Insane difficulty and Extreme difficulty?

@PAS Spinelli
Ah OK, so 426 guy is just very determined, stubborn and good at melee when it comes to this game. For the general player melee is just a last resort response when getting grappled or overrun.

I agree that the Drone has been treated well, which I think is basically hint to Alien: Isolation. I wish it would be even sneakier and spawn closer to the player. The Warrior on the other hand is way too slow once it attacks and the flexing and roaring is just dumb and makes it way too easy to kill.

judge death

@SpreadEagleBeagle
Its enough to beat the game on easiest difficulty, or standard, or intense to unlock all of the harder difficulties. :)
Although I havent yet managed to beat it on my own on intense but will report in when I do.

I look forward to try the harder difficulties and hopefully the runners will be just as hard to face in melee as witht he drone and warriors. OR they update the game and make melee as useless against runners like it is now against drones or warriors etc.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 28, 2021, 04:28:14 PM
@PAS Spinelli
Ah OK, so 426 guy is just very determined, stubborn and good at melee when it comes to this game. For the general player melee is just a last resort response when getting grappled or overrun.

I agree that the Drone has been treated well, which I think is basically hint to Alien: Isolation. I wish it would be even sneakier and spawn closer to the player. The Warrior on the other hand is way too slow once it attacks and the flexing and roaring is just dumb and makes it way too easy to kill.
Warriors are usually easy to kill when they are by themselves, but having one come with buddies makes things really hard, even on standard

I hope we get a card in the future that turns every Runner into weak Drones and every Prowler into weak Warriors tbh, to get a more retro Alien shooter feel haha

judge death

I would argue the warrior is still hard as f**k to face when you are alone against it, it will take a beating before going down. On intense it on level 1 has killed me maybe 3 times due to the bots being so dumb and let me face it alone xD But I like the warrior is so tough, reminds me of how they were like in aliens movie. :D

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Just finished the campaign.

Spoiler
I felt like the book was teasing the hunting lodge. I'm surprised that not only do we never see this lodge, we never get to see Pala Station at all. I was looking forward those settings.

Narrative-wise, it sounds like that's their next stop. Santos said we need to clear out the infested Pala Station on foot because Hoenikker doesn't want to nuke the engineer ruins. So maybe a fifth campaign or even some Horde Mode levels will let us explore Pala Station?
[close]

Mister T

Mister T

Cold Fish Studios, er, "Cold Iron studios" says they're releasing a new map next month; Just give them another few $$$ and it's all yours.

I, for one, thought that I was purchasing a complete game, not something that is sold piecemeal. I find the "micro-transaction" model to be vomitous in nature; it is, in my opinion, similar to 'bait and switch.'  "Oh, you thought you were getting the WHOLE story?  Well, gimme another $10 and I'll give you another small part."

Chicanery all around with this game developer.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Eh, it's already a better deal than destiny was.  39.99 for a modern game is pretty cheap, it's usually about 59.99 in the states.  It's per the course for modern online shooters.  Destiny was way worse on its release, AND it was more expensive.

You got a twenty dollar hole to utilize (or not utilize just don't buy anymore content) here.  Releasing this way also keeps players around the game for much longer.  Destiny 2 was released in 2017, and still releases content in 2021.  I think their are positives and negatives to this method.  Pros being: The game hangs around longer, it continually gets more polished, the developers utilized lessons learned on follow up games.  Division 2 and Destiny 2 being examples of things that were disliked in the first being improved upon in the second. 

Negatives are: You continually pay for shit.  Some developers might just mail it in and get money over updates that dont do anything to add to the game.  This is a problem that seems to plague indie developers with small staffs.  They will eventually do the bare minimum and get paid by customers for years after the fact to not advance the game in any meaningful way. 

I will play the wait and see game.  If the updates don't provide much content, then I'll bounce. 

Darkness

Darkness

Any idea how I start Campaign 3? I did the final mission of the second campaign twice now and it still won't unlock.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mister T on Aug 29, 2021, 04:15:38 PM
Cold Fish Studios, er, "Cold Iron studios" says they're releasing a new map next month; Just give them another few $$$ and it's all yours.

I, for one, thought that I was purchasing a complete game, not something that is sold piecemeal. I find the "micro-transaction" model to be vomitous in nature; it is, in my opinion, similar to 'bait and switch.'  "Oh, you thought you were getting the WHOLE story?  Well, gimme another $10 and I'll give you another small part."

Chicanery all around with this game developer.
Why are you lying about the devs? They said all new content that isn't cosmetic is free.

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 29, 2021, 05:19:17 PM
Any idea how I start Campaign 3? I did the final mission of the second campaign twice now and it still won't unlock.
Talk to any NPC that gives off a grey notification

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed