Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,983 times)

judge death

judge death

Only due to them attacking on mass, one runner vs marine: marine will always win :P But then again this game is going for arcade so its to be expected :P

PAS Spinelli

Lol try meleeing it on intense or above, it will leave your ass gaping

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 26, 2021, 06:10:41 PM
I did and won ;)

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: judge death on Aug 26, 2021, 06:11:32 PM
I did and won ;)
I'm gonna call bs on that, as I just tried doing that and got downed in 5 seconds and the Drone wasn't even close to half HP

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I couldn't down anything but the runner on the regular difficulty

IMayBeSynthetic

"The development team at Cold Iron Studios today also unleashed post-launch content, adding Horde Mode and graphics optimizations with the Day One patch. On September 8, the studio is launching Season One, with a new character class, "Phalanx," along with new weapons and new rewards for players.

I still have to read Phalanx, any idea what that could be referring to?

Source: https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/news/aliens-fireteam-elite-shows-off-high-octane-action-in-launch-trailer-to-celebrate-consoles-and-pc-release

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 26, 2021, 06:34:31 PM
Quote from: judge death on Aug 26, 2021, 06:11:32 PM
I did and won ;)
I'm gonna call bs on that, as I just tried doing that and got downed in 5 seconds and the Drone wasn't even close to half HP
Why would I lie? Im prussian and its against my lifestyle to lie.

But to showcase I did kill Xeno runners with just melee punching, I managed to do it on two in the early part, but the second might been injured from the bots, at the end, the last one I kill was purely by myself and punched it to death and it was on intense settings^^ Had to run like paranoid to get to a runner I could melee without the bots coming in the way xD

PAS Spinelli

Bruh you said you killed a Drone with melee on Intense

judge death

Was in a meeting and in that hurry wrote the wrong type, thats my fault. meant the runner like in my first post and the easier aliens. drones and warriors or the deadlier ones hell no, then its like you said: you are screwed if you try :p

axor

axor

I do not understand people's problem regarding connectivity and bugs. I had zero bugs and I would find a team super fast. Well under 2 minutes....but I play on the PC so this could be the difference, or I am just lucky.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: axor on Aug 27, 2021, 10:01:17 AM
I do not understand people's problem regarding connectivity and bugs. I had zero bugs and I would find a team super fast. Well under 2 minutes....but I play on the PC so this could be the difference, or I am just lucky.

It seems the reoccurring problem has occurred with console players. Apparently for a lot of them, it seems to be fixing itself, so along with yesterday's update, that's hopeful.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I play on PC and almost never find other players, never found a full team. Unless I got friends to invite online I got to go solo. And then some of them get stuck in the loading screen when the mission is starting. Matchmaking is worse than phg. Pathetic.

Some Old Dude

I can't for the life of me exfil in that last level of the first mission. I hit the last button, we get swarmed with drones and they kill us all.

Samhain13

Samhain13

There are many bugs in regards to exfills. Last mission of Priority 1: The 4 warriors are suppose to appear when the dropship becomes available to escape, so you don't have to fight them, but first time I tried with others they appeared before that, then 4 more came after but since we were all at low hp from the previous battle one guy got down and the rest couldn't escape since everyone needs to reach the dropship to end the mission. On our retry the 4 warriors only appeared when they should then we won fine.

Even at casual the game is unplayable solo, the bots are retarded meatshields and the game is balanced around having 3 players, even if your combat rating is higher than the mission you are overwhelmed to the number of enemies or your ammo runs out. Third mission at second campaign I have to deal with multiple heavy androids + dozen bastards shooting at me at once its a mess. Game is balanced around playing with others but retarded matchmaking wont allow you to find others. Potato game developers.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Melee actually hurts the Aliens!?! Wow... That's really, really lame. I thought it just stunned and halted them, or pushed them back.

Man, they really turned the Aliens into weak, weak, weak cannon fodder in this one. Either that or lumbering lobotomized weightlifters with an affinity to flex and roar.

Yeah, I know, it's going for arcade fun, but you lose all the character of the franchise when you can literally push and punch a xeno to death, not only that you can also and/or outrun them and/or outmanouver them with quite ease. Zero fear.

I've watched a few video of people playing the game on Extreme difficulty and Insane difficulty, and although the players behave less cocky and super hero like and often don't get very far, the problem still remains: Enemies are only dangerous if there are a looottt of them and they manage to swamp you, or cornering you in the case your squadmates have fallen already. I feel like the standard Runner should be like the Prowler with the death splash of a Burster - that would make things a lot more interesting (...and realistic). 

Anyways, watching those Extreme & Insane difficulty gameplay videos I can't for the love of god understand why anyone would ever choose to play the game on Standard or Intense the second time you play through the campaign or when playing it on horde mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed