Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 95,469 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: I was right on Aug 24, 2021, 11:42:03 PM
This game is really nice looking and sounding, but so boring and not at all how an aliens game should play. I feel no tension or panic when faced by xenomorphs and that's wrong. Even the characters seem bored and like their jobs are not terrifying.

It should? Not of course!

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2021, 05:07:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you! Our little team put their all into this launch. You'll see the first add when we drop out first new class Sep 8th!</p>— Higgs (@MattHighison) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattHighison/status/1429837199260872706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 25, 2021, 05:05:32 PM
Quote from: Vrastal on Aug 25, 2021, 05:43:49 AMI am interrsted to know what happened to it being an "mmo"

It's possible that we just assumed it would be "mmo-like" based on the early info that leaked making it sound that way. Or it could be that that's what it originally started out as and that changed slightly somewhere in development.

It certainly still has some very Destiny-esque elements, like the hub area with vendors and the unlockable attachments increasing your character's overall "combat rating" that needs to be at a certain threshold to tackle the more difficult stuff.

This is something I intend to ask when we have Cold Iron on.

This is surprising to me. I was matched with a Recon Player last night. The class perks are pretty cool, but they annihilated the frames on my ps4.

Recon uses the Fifield pups to grant players wall hacks. Super useful in the 4th campaign where there's just non stop xenos

Zeppi

Zeppi

Not loving it so far - lack of story and cutting corners just makes it feel like a standard arcade shooter and not the immersive experience I was hoping for. Plays better than ACM but it doesn't excite or intrigue me, I'm sorry to say. Replayability for me, is low. Pulse Rifle sounds flat.. overall this is a disappointment. Mature games like Isolation are the future, not generic shooters.

SuperiorIronman

Is anybody even playing this? Got one full team all day. Matchmaking has also crashed on me.

judge death

Quote from: Zeppi on Aug 25, 2021, 10:21:46 PM
Not loving it so far - lack of story and cutting corners just makes it feel like a standard arcade shooter and not the immersive experience I was hoping for. Plays better than ACM but it doesn't excite or intrigue me, I'm sorry to say. Replayability for me, is low. Pulse Rifle sounds flat.. overall this is a disappointment. Mature games like Isolation are the future, not generic shooters.
Isolation is a masterpiece and is easily the best alien game ever created, this is more a arcade shoter so its something one beat ina  few hours and is done with.

Is anybody even playing this? Got one full team all day. Matchmaking has also crashed on me.

I played 3 hours now, got one team once, rest was with AI bots.
Encountered several bugs like after I exited one room and went back: The interior was gone and could see space outside xD

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 25, 2021, 11:03:25 PM

PS Matchmaking crashed on me too. But, yep, people are playing, some with bots:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65150.0

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I figure they aren't on these boards but the person who decided to use the "No HUD" challenge card can f**k right off including the devs. You'd think at the very least you'd be able to see the prompts if you got pounced but no. That would make too much sense. Right at the end of the level as well. You'd think that something for the sake of mechanics would be there but that'd make too much sense.

And really the third campaign is just not fun. It's more horde. I like that we can shoot at these glowing orb things but the game is throwing the same tactics of just throwing shit at the player. Made worse that the game keeps shitting itself be it the servers or that the game simply cannot handle the load of enemies on screen that my frames dropped to the point I had no idea what was going on stacked on not having a HUD. Smoke signals would have better video quality.

I was warned about this in advance and apparently it gets worse with campaign 4.

Tried again, this thing is basically unplayable. I might just try to get through it later but I'm probably going to wait on some sort of stability patch.

Rorkes

Rorkes

I had my first play of this last evening. I was gutted at how little character and soul the game has. The marines have no personality, minimal effort has gone into creating a story, the aliens just aren't scary or dangerous and the game keeps crashing.  I'm giving it another go tonight and I'm lowering my expectations. The masterpiece that was Alien Isolation set a standard that it seems is impossible to beat

GreybackElder

I think the game has been fun. I read some reviews that seemed mostly positive. I went in with the expectations of this is going to be just a straight up shooter arcade style game a la left for dead. I wasn't disappointed. There has been some connectivity issues with match making but over it's been pretty smooth.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: GreybackElder on Aug 26, 2021, 02:14:52 PM
I think the game has been fun. I read some reviews that seemed mostly positive. I went in with the expectations of this is going to be just a straight up shooter arcade style game a la left for dead. I wasn't disappointed. There has been some connectivity issues with match making but over it's been pretty smooth.

Metacritic seems to be holding at 68% for PS5, 70% for PC and 70% Xbox SX.

Mister T

Mister T

Like many others across all platforms, I have been unable to find ANYONE to play with.  I have only gotten live players ONCE in more than 40 rounds (I'm bedridden after some nasty surgery), and during that one live encounter, I was disconnected after a few minutes.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mister T on Aug 26, 2021, 03:50:50 PM
Like many others across all platforms, I have been unable to find ANYONE to play with.  I have only gotten live players ONCE in more than 40 rounds (I'm bedridden after some nasty surgery), and during that one live encounter, I was disconnected after a few minutes.

Yeah, a bunch of us have been frustrated with the very same thing.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I really hope they give the communiry tools to make our own campaigns and maps. It would help keep the game alive for a long time

judge death

Quote from: Rorkes on Aug 26, 2021, 12:47:33 PM
I had my first play of this last evening. I was gutted at how little character and soul the game has. The marines have no personality, minimal effort has gone into creating a story, the aliens just aren't scary or dangerous and the game keeps crashing.  I'm giving it another go tonight and I'm lowering my expectations. The masterpiece that was Alien Isolation set a standard that it seems is impossible to beat
With the third person view and how the game is structured I think a tactical shoter where you give orders and lead your squad and can place the bots and order them around would been better than this aproach and could then give this a bigger story and the marines some progression and development.
I think that would had also opened up a lot more customising options and choices.

BTW: I tried meele fighting: a runner can be killed with 3 punches and the others with 4-5 hits, kinda weak aliens, but due to they swarm you in numbers, using meele is a bad choice but in 1 vs 1: no problem.

PAS Spinelli

Meeling an Alien is a death sentence on most situations unless the Alien is by itself and is a Runner
Everything else will beat your ass

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed