Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,971 times)

I was right

I was right

This game is really nice looking and sounding, but so boring and not at all how an aliens game should play. I feel no tension or panic when faced by xenomorphs and that's wrong. Even the characters seem bored and like their jobs are not terrifying.

Why must you fail me, everyone who gets a hold of the rights to universes I loved.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Its what i thought it would be and im loving it.

Was playing with two randoms and one disconnected after 45 secs. So me and rhis other guy made it to the last section of the map before getting overwhelmed. Took us close to 40 minites just the two of us.

Its a fun game. Bot perfect but worth thr 40$ standard edition price tag.

I am interrsted to know what happened to it being an "mmo"

I hope we get a model viwer because the aliens look amazing and i hope we get to play as aliens at some point

Some Old Dude

So yeah this is extremely basic so don't expect an Isiolation level masterpiece or even anything as involved as the pretty good 2010 AVP game. But it's a super fun shooter. I like the inventiveness of using different aliens from all the films as varied enemies. The Alien3 runners swarm you, what looks like the Resurrection drones stand back and lob acid spit, either the Big Chap or an Aliens drone (I think it's the domeless/ribbed for her pleasure head but the game is so damn chaotic I can't stop and check it out) stalks you Isolation style and mauls you and is extremely hard to kill. They even do a variation of those explody Colonial Marines ones. That's just off the first level alone.

So far it's a lot of fun but it's entirely about as deep as a puddle, don't expect get anything other than the video game equivalent of the hive scene from Aliens. I can't wait to play this with mates.

Grimtaur

Grimtaur

Totally loving the game. I have but simple gripes, such as:

I feel that the effects sounds are too soft, like falling vent covers etc. to keep you on your toes. Same goes for gunfire, it sounds very low volume compared to the rest of the overall game sound.

The motion tracker is also veeery quiet. I want that panicking loud beep.

Just another little nag that I have is that (as I've experienced so far) is that the motion tracker doesn't pick up the aliens in the vents until the moment they pop out of them. I would expect to see them rushing towards you on the motion tracker, in the vents.

judge death

So far from the two hours I could play:
Where is my pulse rifle? This is some new version with less ammo than the normal one? Its uglier and no grenade launcher? This pulse rifle is a let down to me.

The alien warrior is too brown, should be more black and blue, to me it looked brown like the resurrection drones did, will have to recheck when I get home and more time to study it.

AI are useless, can forget about beating this game on harder difficulties alone.

The marines facial look and customs one can do is way too little and limited, not many haircuts one can chose from or edit ones charachter and armour and stuff besides weapons are very limited. Preodrering this game in that sense was a waste of money, dlc might make it worth the money later.

Charachters dont move their mouths when they talk, very stiff models.

Like acm the holes and ducts the aliens use isnt even textured and just a hole on the wall, dont lead anywhere. Same issue as acm.

Else on the plus side besides others said: its fun and the alien models move amazingly well but the game is shallow and I dont see reasons why to keep replay it to earn money, money for what exactly? There isnt anything i teresting to buy for the charachter :/ but its a solid horde shooter, could kill xenos easily with the pistol, shall see if I can do it easily with meelee too when im home.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Alien Warrior's naturally black and brown just like the Alien Runner, just that James Cameron's got a fondness for blue lighting, and David Fincher a fondness for natural lighting and red.

judge death

We hacve secveral behind the scenes of both colors :p but yes they used brown highlights but when I faced them in the game it was all brown, no black almost.

Mister T

Mister T

The Steam version got an "update" this morning... 83.2 megabytes... It's been 4 hours since the "download" portion was completed, however, the game says "2 days, 3 hours" to finish the "update."

I've turned off the computer and restarted the "update" 4 times; same result.

A broken game with a broken "fix."

StanSwitek

Quote from: Mister T on Aug 25, 2021, 03:34:41 PM
The Steam version got an "update" this morning... 83.2 megabytes... It's been 4 hours since the "download" portion was completed, however, the game says "2 days, 3 hours" to finish the "update."

I've turned off the computer and restarted the "update" 4 times; same result.

A broken game with a broken "fix."

This sounds like a Steam issue to me, not with the game itself.. I've had updates hang for me as well from time to time. Sometimes you have to clear your download cache (in settings), I know there are other solutions as well out there.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Was just going to say that sounds like a steam issue not a game issue.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Vrastal on Aug 25, 2021, 05:43:49 AMI am interrsted to know what happened to it being an "mmo"

It's possible that we just assumed it would be "mmo-like" based on the early info that leaked making it sound that way. Or it could be that that's what it originally started out as and that changed slightly somewhere in development.

It certainly still has some very Destiny-esque elements, like the hub area with vendors and the unlockable attachments increasing your character's overall "combat rating" that needs to be at a certain threshold to tackle the more difficult stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 25, 2021, 05:05:32 PM
Quote from: Vrastal on Aug 25, 2021, 05:43:49 AMI am interrsted to know what happened to it being an "mmo"

It's possible that we just assumed it would be "mmo-like" based on the early info that leaked making it sound that way. Or it could be that that's what it originally started out as and that changed slightly somewhere in development.

It certainly still has some very Destiny-esque elements, like the hub area with vendors and the unlockable attachments increasing your character's overall "combat rating" that needs to be at a certain threshold to tackle the more difficult stuff.

This is something I intend to ask when we have Cold Iron on.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 25, 2021, 05:05:32 PM
It's possible that we just assumed it would be "mmo-like" based on the early info that leaked making it sound that way.

We definitely didn't assume it. It came out of the Alien Blackout press release and got us all pumped!

"FoxNext Games' studio, Cold Iron Studios, is also currently at work on a massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC."

https://d3go.com/news/press-release-new-alien-game-from-foxnext-and-d3-go/

Kailem

Kailem

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that! Definitely took the "massively" out of the multiplayer at somewhere along the line then! :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

It's massively unmassive!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed