Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,715 times)

Hemi

Hemi

A discord would be nice. And yes I was looking forward to playing with yall.

But it looks like I need to find some other group (PC), as you are on different platforms.

Shame this game isn't creating more buzz amongst the fans.

Corporal Hicks

Our Discord is back open now if folk want to start to use that to try to organize. There's also a Steam group.

https://discord.gg/HWHPfNqEBc

Still Collating...

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 20, 2021, 05:55:21 AM
A discord would be nice. And yes I was looking forward to playing with yall.

But it looks like I need to find some other group (PC), as you are on different platforms.

Shame this game isn't creating more buzz amongst the fans.

I'll be playing on PC (added my steam info in the appropriate group). I believe the game will create a dedicated following like ACM did and groups willing to play will always pop up.

Jarac

Jarac

I'm tempted to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition just to get some of the goodies for pre-ordering and I will likely get the game day-one, anyway. The streamers seem to be having fun, and the previews for the game seem positive, if a little cautious about the game's longevity. I want the game to succeed, because having a one-two punch of Isolation and a successful Fireteam Elite would be very good for the franchise. To this day, the stink of Colonial Marines still haunts this franchise. Luckily, my friends were the ones approaching me about this game instead of the other way around. So outside of the fanbase, there is excitement for it. That's good to see.

My main complaint is still the three-player limit. Like, c'mon. It should have been four!

Voodoo Magic

To be honest with you, I wouldn't blame anyone for passing on the Deluxe Edition, especially if they're strapped for cash. I purchased the Deluxe Edition personally because I wanted to support the game, but the Deluxe Edition goodies are on the weaker side in my opinion for an extra $30 dollars.

It might be worth it when all is said and done; after the seasonal dlc bundles are revealed, but that is all a leap of faith contingent on hopefully🤞liking the game enough that you'll still be playing regularly 4 seasons later AND hopefully🤞liking these unknown cosmetics that you have pre-paid for. :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I went for the basic game myself.

4 more days!

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 20, 2021, 01:44:20 PM
To be honest with you, I wouldn't blame anyone for passing on the Deluxe Edition, especially if they're strapped for cash. I purchased the Deluxe Edition personally because I wanted to support the game, but the Deluxe Edition goodies are on the weaker side in my opinion for an extra $30 dollars.

It might be worth it when all is said and done; after the seasonal dlc bundles are revealed, but that is all a leap of faith contingent on hopefully🤞liking the game enough that you'll still be playing regularly 4 seasons later AND hopefully🤞liking these unknown cosmetics that you have pre-paid for. :)

I believe that if you buy the base game, you can still get the deluxe stuff as an upgrade at a later point. So even if you can't afford it now, it's bot going to be unobtainable

StanSwitek

If anyone here is going to play it on a PS4 Pro, I'd love to hear how it runs. Ever since the ps4 port of Cyberpunk (where so many customers were "Punk'd") I've been trigger shy.

Voodoo Magic

I'll be running it on a PS4 Pro so I'll try to remember to post my thoughts.

Quote from: Dachande on Aug 20, 2021, 02:59:56 PM
I believe that if you buy the base game, you can still get the deluxe stuff as an upgrade at a later point. So even if you can't afford it now, it's bot going to be unobtainable

Hmm. Well hopefully it will ultimately (in the long run) be a bit cheaper, at the very least?

But still, sheesh. At least Predator Hunting Grounds Deluxe Edition gave you a digital graphic novel, art book, exclusive theme & skins, and early access to items for forking over more of your hard earned cash... on top of the pre-order exclusive Jungle Hunter skin.

Kailem

Kailem

As soo as they said all the "Endeavour Pass" content would ultimately be free for everyone after a certain period of time I decided to go with the regular version. I'm hoping to get the "Veteran's Pack" DLC separately though, so hopefully they'll have that up day one.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I heard a rumor that physical copies have been released in the UK early.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 20, 2021, 05:49:27 PM
As soo as they said all the "Endeavour Pass" content would ultimately be free for everyone after a certain period of time I decided to go with the regular version. I'm hoping to get the "Veteran's Pack" DLC separately though, so hopefully they'll have that up day one.

When did they say that? It was confirmed that any additional gameplay-related content will be free (i.e. missions and classes), but presumably that's on top of whatever the Endeavor Pass contains (i.e. cosmetics, etc).

Gemini

Gemini

Went into Game today here in the UK and physical copies were for sale on the shelves! Unexpected

Voodoo Magic

That seems to happen with every title one place or another.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: The Necronoir on Aug 21, 2021, 07:00:48 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Aug 20, 2021, 05:49:27 PM

When did they say that? It was confirmed that any additional gameplay-related content will be free (i.e. missions and classes), but presumably that's on top of whatever the Endeavor Pass contains (i.e. cosmetics, etc).

You know, looking back on the tweet that I thought confirmed it, I think I just misinterpreted their meaning.

https://twitter.com/AliensFireteamE/status/1419341766520713218

At first I thought the bit that says "Endeavour Pass content will become available over time in seasonal releases" meant they'd be releasing it for free eventually, but I think it's just clarifying it'll be coming out in instalments rather than all at once.

But regardless, if I see anything in there that I really, really want, I'll just get the DLC pass separately, since they've already said it'll be available outside of the deluxe edition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed