Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,993 times)

molasar

molasar

Everyone can have an opinion. But you presented Tommy as some guru at designing video games. Yet he did not create anything significant.

I understand that this forum is dedicated to fans of Alien and Predator franchises and not everyone is into video games or has a long time experience with them. But let's be real and honest about them.

BlueMarsalis79

I think we are, but you're obviously of the opinion that you know better.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 17, 2021, 08:49:06 PM
I think we are, but you're obviously of the opinion that you know better.

That is why proper arguments can be presented but no one did that to disprove mine.

Dachande

Dachande

Alright i think its time to nip this in the bud. Any discussion here is pointless, as whatever points are trying to be made, are going up against a brick wall. So i suggest we stop this back and forth.

molasar, you are coming across as very condescending and rude. If you want to continue having discussions on this forum, i would recommend you think harder about how you are coming across to people. As nobody likes dealing with an insufferable know it all.

426Buddy

426Buddy

So this game is finally coming out soon, is anyone excited for it? I know I'm am kind of but also not really.  Certainly not like I used to be for other franchise games pre-release.

I'm worried this is just going to be really generic, but I'm holding out hope that it will provide a few hours of fun on coop with my bros.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm more excited about people derailing threads about the game than the game itself

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

QuoteIt does. Hiding in A:Iso is its core but it does not give you a proper feedback in terms of being visible to Xeno or not. It even looks ridiculous as obviously you seem to be very visible, yet the game is aiming at cinematic realism. Other things are fillers, i.e., (boring) collectathon of resources, FPS element (try the best or even average in its category).
It does by sound and music queues, the game literally gives you a radar to keep track of it too, it's meant to make you be reduced to using your bare senses and scraping for anything that might help you, and the shooter element is this game is not bad and neither is it the focus.

QuoteObviously there are games that are great through combinations of various elements. Even if those elements are not on the best level. But A:Iso is not one of them.
Wrong

QuotePerhaps you should try MGSV games.
MG games are piss easy Stealth games, where enemies are dumb as bricks and ignorant to noise, MGSV even gives you a slow mo camera to let you get rid of enemies that spot you, it's a fun stealth game, but it's not even close to being a realistic or difficult one

QuoteAnyways your own limited experience with video games in general dictates your standards and expectations. Even if they are low. But once you experience better games, it is hard to come back to worse ones that you enjoyed before.
"me old, me play game since child, me know better than u >:(", MGSV is the worst MGS game

Quote from: molasar on Aug 17, 2021, 08:26:53 PM
Yes, I read it. But I have not found any comment I asked for.

Are you suggesting that Sega was interested to pay for license again and invest in the sequel? Are you trolling or making stuff up?

BTW Sega does not limit a creation of sequel to it.
When the f**k did I say that? Are you purposely misinterpreting what I said? Sega lost the rights for the franchise in 2016, couple that with the fact the team behind it had also split, no way you aren't trolling at this point, all you do is purposely misinterpret what people say, ignore what actually happened or act like your flawed opinion is objectively true.

Voodoo Magic

Alright guys. Dachande asked to nip this in the bud so please do so.

Back on topic: Aliens Fireteam Elite

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 17, 2021, 09:20:30 PM
QuoteIt does. Hiding in A:Iso is its core but it does not give you a proper feedback in terms of being visible to Xeno or not. It even looks ridiculous as obviously you seem to be very visible, yet the game is aiming at cinematic realism. Other things are fillers, i.e., (boring) collectathon of resources, FPS element (try the best or even average in its category).
It does by sound and music queues, the game literally gives you a radar to keep track of it too, it's meant to make you be reduced to using your bare senses and scraping for anything that might help you, and the shooter element is this game is not bad and neither is it the focus.

QuoteObviously there are games that are great through combinations of various elements. Even if those elements are not on the best level. But A:Iso is not one of them.
Wrong

QuotePerhaps you should try MGSV games.
MG games are piss easy Stealth games, where enemies are dumb as bricks and ignorant to noise, MGSV even gives you a slow mo camera to let you get rid of enemies that spot you, it's a fun stealth game, but it's not even close to being a realistic or difficult one

QuoteAnyways your own limited experience with video games in general dictates your standards and expectations. Even if they are low. But once you experience better games, it is hard to come back to worse ones that you enjoyed before.
"me old, me play game since child, me know better than u >:(", MGSV is the worst MGS game

Quote from: molasar on Aug 17, 2021, 08:26:53 PM
Yes, I read it. But I have not found any comment I asked for.

Are you suggesting that Sega was interested to pay for license again and invest in the sequel? Are you trolling or making stuff up?

BTW Sega does not limit a creation of sequel to it.
When the f**k did I say that? Are you purposely misinterpreting what I said? Sega lost the rights for the franchise in 2016, couple that with the fact the team behind it had also split, no way you aren't trolling at this point, all you do is purposely misinterpret what people say, ignore what actually happened or act like your flawed opinion is objectively true.

Enough.

Anybody continuing this will be getting a 48hr ban.

PAS Spinelli

Apologies, didn't see that message

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 17, 2021, 09:14:08 PM
So this game is finally coming out soon, is anyone excited for it? I know I'm am kind of but also not really.  Certainly not like I used to be for other franchise games pre-release.

I'm worried this is just going to be really generic, but I'm holding out hope that it will provide a few hours of fun on coop with my bros.

It has been quiet around here with this release.

ACM and A:I had massive hypetrains running through the forums. But this was 7 years ago. Did I say 7 years ago? Good lord time flies... Been so long since we had an aliens game... Kinda sad.

I was hoping for more buzz here. It is what it is. :-)

As for the game, it will be fun. Lot's of levelling stuff etc. Pew pew etc. Generic or not, it's an Aliens horde game. Something I wanted for a long time now.

Corporal Hicks

I always tend to take the cautious approach these days, so it wasn't until I got to play the preview that I started to get more excited for it. Can't really judge until you get a taste. And as has been mentioned Colonial Marines still haunts us to this day, especially with the focus on them in this game, so it's hard to fault the hesitation, but it is somewhat of a premature judgement but *shrugs* people are people.

But are Alien fans just less excited about multiplayer focused games? Hunting Grounds didn't generate too much buzz either. Has the marketing not focused enough on the narrative component of the game, and too much on the multiplayer aspect?

Hemi

Hemi

Horde mode leaked gameplay:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AliensFireteamElite/comments/p6895m/gameplay_leak_apparently_some_people_already_have/

This is looking really good though. Screw that ACM curse!

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2021, 08:03:03 AM
I always tend to take the cautious approach these days, so it wasn't until I got to play the preview that I started to get more excited for it. Can't really judge until you get a taste. And as has been mentioned Colonial Marines still haunts us to this day, especially with the focus on them in this game, so it's hard to fault the hesitation, but it is somewhat of a premature judgement but *shrugs* people are people.

But are Alien fans just less excited about multiplayer focused games? Hunting Grounds didn't generate too much buzz either. Has the marketing not focused enough on the narrative component of the game, and too much on the multiplayer aspect?

I'm still completely on the fence. The 3 player limit just seems a bit weird to me, almost as if it was done just to be different.

I'd definitely like to know a lot more about the story elements, and whether there is some in depth story, or if its just an excuse to go to certain locations. None of it has managed to click for me yet.

Hemi

Hemi

Twitch stream of more gameplay. This is looking so good. :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1119981864

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed