Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,774 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2021, 06:49:42 PM
molasar, sorry if I'm becoming an annoyance, but I still don't quite get how all of what you've written doesn't apply to Isolation ? Like, I've never felt that there wasn't enough response to my actions in the game. I enjoy hiding behind boxes, under the tables, in the lockers, collecting resources, crafting various devices and use them to draw Alien's attention or fight hostile survivors and synths - doesn't that make game mechanics appealing ?.

It does. Hiding in A:Iso is its core but it does not give you a proper feedback in terms of being visible to Xeno or not. It even looks ridiculous as obviously you seem to be very visible, yet the game is aiming at cinematic realism. Other things are fillers, i.e., (boring) collectathon of resources, FPS element (try the best or even average in its category).

Obviously there are games that are great through combinations of various elements. Even if those elements are not on the best level. But A:Iso is not one of them.

Perhaps you should try MGSV games.

Anyways your own limited experience with video games in general dictates your standards and expectations. Even if they are low. But once you experience better games, it is hard to come back to worse ones that you enjoyed before.

Kradan

Kradan

Thanks. It was quite educational  ;)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 17, 2021, 07:14:06 PM
It's not for you to decide if a game is unappealing molasar, gameplay wise or not. Stating this as fact is a bit "Trumpisch" too... srry m8.

If you mean unappealing to you personal then sure!  Not all Aliens/AVP/Predator games can please everyone. Simple fact is 2.1 million (thats only the first 8 months btw) found it quite good, and metacritic paints a very nice picture too... specially for a horror survival game. People still post youtube vids of gameplay and encounters with the Alien. Because... well.... it's a fantastic Alien game.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is to me as well because I am a gamer.

Such gameplay mechanics are unappealing to majority of gamers.

No game pleases everyone at the same level.

2.1 million for multiplatform games (released for 5 platforms initially) is quite low.

Do you understand what Metacritic is? Do you know that no reviewer is using a constructive criteria rating system?

The game is not even a proper horror survival game (mainly established by classic RE games) where gamers expect that they can still fight enemy back. Even with limited resources.

People post everything on YT.

Perhaps it is fantastic Alien 1979 interactive cinematic experience but not as a proper game with proper gameplay.

Hemi

Hemi

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 17, 2021, 07:39:40 PM
https://c.tenor.com/CMtEhyPsz6IAAAAM/ok-mate-ok-m8.gif

Perhaps you still wonder why there is no proper A:Iso sequel yet.

Kradan

Kradan

that gif  :D

BlueMarsalis79

"I aM a rEaL gAmEr sO i kNoW bEtTeR."

molasar

molasar

And here an emotional outbreak starts.

Reminds me fans of Terminator: Resistance who believe that the game offers the best FPS experience there is.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: molasar on Aug 17, 2021, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 17, 2021, 06:37:52 PM

Hard to find in Isolation videos, but it's easy to find similar comments when relating to Fireteam.

Like I said, Colonial Marines haunts this franchise till today.

If 8 years later people can't get over it, what makes you think that 1 year after ACM Isolation would be treated any better?

But no comment says what you mentioned. Just people saying that they do not want to pre-order anything, disappointed because AFTE is not A:Iso2, talking about bad ACM memories, hoping that AFTE is not another ACM.
I suggest you reread the message you are replying to

Isolation never got a proper sequel because Sega lost the rights lol, at this point it's pretty clear you are trolling as you keep purposely ignoring major points in what actually happened and in what we have said

BlueMarsalis79

It is what you insinuate though and no one with any sense's got time for it.

I'd advise people put this clown on ignore.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 17, 2021, 08:15:35 PM

I mean, he brings up some valid points though

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2021, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 17, 2021, 08:15:35 PM

I mean, he brings up some valid points though
Not really, no

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh a Gamer Moment on here.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 17, 2021, 08:18:47 PM
I suggest you reread the message you are replying to

Isolation never got a proper sequel because Sega lost the rights lol, at this point it's pretty clear you are trolling as you keep purposely ignoring major points in what actually happened and in what we have said

Yes, I read it. But I have not found any comment I asked for.

Are you suggesting that Sega was interested to pay for license again and invest in the sequel? Are you trolling or making stuff up?

BTW Sega does not limit a creation of sequel to it.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 17, 2021, 08:20:28 PM
It is what you insinuate though and no one with any sense's got time for it.

I'd advise people put this clown on ignore.

Even more emotional moments, i.e., if I do not have valid arguments I will retort to ad hominem attacks.

Bravo!

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 17, 2021, 08:22:43 PM

Not really, no

If no, then debunk my arguments.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 17, 2021, 08:26:46 PM

Yes, we talk about the game here and some of us are long time gamers.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 17, 2021, 08:26:46 PM

You haven't had a valid argument since you wrote that Tommy Thompson can't have an opinion on game design mate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed