Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,756 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 17, 2021, 02:46:23 PM

This is not caused by anything modern (other games are ok), nor aesthetic, graphic or animation. The position of the hands looks elongated, as if the marine admires a kitten or a vase, but doesn't hold a weapon.

The position of the hands looks indecisive in relation to the shoulder and head - this is not aimed shooting. Also, the weapon is not located at the level of the torso (approximately at the chest level) - this is not a blind shooting from the thigh. Shooting accurately from such a position is possible only if the weapon should not have an impact and be very light. Like a softball gun.

What games are ok? They just used one type of animation for this type of weapons. It saves hardware resources and there is no clipping, i.e., a weapon model does not go through a marine model skin.

Also watch IGN gameplay video, so you can see that it is an animation when ADS is triggered.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think he's actually saying that the smartgunner doesn't appear to be aiming at anything based on the position of the gun. 

But in 3ps games your guy is always looking where your X cross hair is, so your character isn't always aligned with his weapon. 

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 18, 2021, 03:49:11 AM
I think he's actually saying that the smartgunner doesn't appear to be aiming at anything based on the position of the gun. 

But in 3ps games your guy is always looking where your X cross hair is, so your character isn't always aligned with his weapon. 

He needs to see it in action to understand its context. Smartgun does not have to be aligned with crosshair as its coverage area is broader and bullets path is curved. The crosshair turns red from white when an enemy is in its area.

Also there is a transition animation between standard walking and ADS stance.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 18, 2021, 03:49:11 AM

I'm actually said about strange position of hands and smartgun. Not about crosshair.  Smartgun should be lower and a little close to body. Otherwise, it looks like a marine holds weightless weapon.
Quoteit should be lower. At waist level. Also too far from the body.

Everything else that I said - about Pulse rifle, which is held unnaturally - again: too far from the body and it seems weightless. I'm noticed it from the first gameplay trailer and thought what devs will fix it.

Quote from: molasar on Jul 18, 2021, 04:53:28 AM
He needs to see it in action to understand its context.

Oh, cool. Are you play some beta-test? Can give me access? Because it seems that you are the only person on the planet who saw the game in action. I only watched trailers.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 18, 2021, 05:31:21 AM
Oh, cool. Are you play some beta-test? Can give me access? Because it seems that you are the only person on the planet who saw the game in action. I only watched trailers.

There are 3 gameplay videos out there besides two trailers.

But I recommend you to watch 25 min IGN gameplay video.

I'm actually said about strange position of hands and smartgun. Not about crosshair.  Smartgun should be lower and a little close to body. Otherwise, it looks like a marine holds weightless weapon.

Like I mentioned before a harness is different in the game than in the movie as it can wrap up around waist and smartgun can be carried on the back this way. Also it can be switched smoothly between left and right shoulder this way.

Everything else that I said - about Pulse rifle, which is held unnaturally - again: too far from the body and it seems weightless. I'm noticed it from the first gameplay trailer and thought what devs will fix it.

Watch gameplay footage. There are two shooting stances. Normal and ADS one. There is nothing that needs to be fixed there.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The PR at least would be much lighter because the ammo doesn't have casings and it wouldn't need all the gas operated functionality to operate it. 

The smartgun is never going to look right because in reality it is a non functional weapon.  You need to be able to hide behind some kind of cover in a firefight or otherwise your just a big standing target.  The smartun, despite what the technical manual says, was obviously meant to be fired from the standing position.  And I understand it has lots of firepower, but having the smartun doesn't equip the user with deadeye.  All that incoming fire is going to be directed at the smartun user.  It is a cool looking, but silly and non functional design for anybody not wearing call of duty juggernaut armor.

The fact it looks weightless bothers me the least about it. 

But again, you won't have natural movement because in third person games you cross hair is where your character is looking, and the positioning of the body focuses on that.  Only when you center your body to aim does everything start looking more natural and the weapon system should be closer to the body.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I'm talking about it because I watched gameplay video. All of them. And my questions arise from what I saw.

Quote from: molasar on Jul 18, 2021, 05:48:16 AM
Like I mentioned before a harness is different in the game than in the movie as it can wrap up around waist and smartgun can be carried on the back this way. Also it can be switched smoothly between left and right shoulder this way.

It is not an excuse for a strange position.

How it should be placed:

Also, the elbow (green) should be lowered down.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 18, 2021, 06:41:15 AM
I'm talking about it because I watched gameplay video. All of them. And my questions arise from what I saw.

Quote from: molasar on Jul 18, 2021, 05:48:16 AM

It is not an excuse for a strange position.

How it should be placed:

Also, the elbow (green) should be lowered down.

Again. A smartgun harness in the game is different than in the movie. It was done because it has to be smoothly switched between left and right shoulder. And to be wrapped up around character waist, so a smartgun is hanged on the back when a player switches to other weapon.

Thus such a handling of it.

Crazy Rich

Literally all I care about/expect for this game:

Drukathi

Drukathi

true :)

Quote from: molasar on Jul 18, 2021, 07:02:40 AM

Again. A smartgun harness in the game is different than in the movie.

What again? It's looks weird with or without any explanations. It just looks like the body parts are misplaced. Or the character goes waist-deep in water and is forced to keep the weapon above what is needed in a normal situation.

acrediblesource

I'm sure they could fudge it with a digital exit and reappearance. They do that with the gadget on the marines back. Im not sure what it is but seems to be holographically generated or they have some kind of star trek beaming technology. Ive at least seen them apply the effect in a video or two.
But I like the logic of the smartgun harness or at least the gun being lowered to waist level. Looks more natural that way.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 18, 2021, 10:18:23 AM

Quote from: molasar on Jul 18, 2021, 07:02:40 AM

Again. A smartgun harness in the game is different than in the movie.

What again? It's looks weird with or without any explanations. It just looks like the body parts are misplaced. Or the character goes waist-deep in water and is forced to keep the weapon above what is needed in a normal situation.

A new harness looks weird as well.

BTW you can ask the devs on discord why such a choice was made.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

@Drukathi
Where did you get the japanese screen cap from?
Never mind i just hit the previouss button and there they were. Me thinks I'll be preordering soon.

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

I never get tired of seeing that chair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed