Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,670 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I am impressed by how much lore has been incorporated into the game, it seems

PVTDukeMorrison

I thought Seegson had been bought out? Why would WY still use the logo on their coveralls?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 07, 2021, 10:48:38 PM
I thought Seegson had been bought out? Why would WY still use the logo on their coveralls?

I can't remember in the game if WY just bought the station or Seegson itself. If they did fully aquire them, they could still have them operating as a subsidiary and maintaining the Seegson brand.

Hemi

Hemi

Or Katanga is just a very old location that still have them running around?

Or budget stuff on WY side? "No Bishops, you are getting this old crap for your shtty facility k bye!" XD

Corporal Hicks

They only brought Sevestapol, not the company. The company is still around - they're in Cold Forge and Charybdis.

seattle24

The Necronoir

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 08, 2021, 04:45:09 AM
Or Katanga is just a very old location that still have them running around?

That's not a bad call, given that the Katanga looks very reminiscent of the refinery in Alien and Sevastopol Station in Isolation. Probably of a similar vintage.

RidgeTop

Kradan

Kradan

"Engineer your team tactics" wink wink nudge nudge  ;) ;)

Looks dope

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think anything involving engineers in the military is pretty off base in scifi games and movies.  Usually in a game an engineer in the military is some kind of tech dude running around with all kinds of gadgets like deployable drones, and door hacks, and sentry guns etc but is usually nuetered  when it comes to offensive armament.   I think developers see engineers and just think like geniuses in stem fields or something that are just in the military due to bad luck or to pay off college or something.

But in reality they are just infantry dudes that aren't in the infantry that carry a bunch of blasting caps, shock tube, det cord, and c4 as well as all the typical armament a basic rifle squad in the infantry would carry.

I had an m4, m320 grenade launcher, the typical combat load for ammunition, an improvised breaching charge of det cord for blowing open doors, a sledgehammer for bashing open doors, a couple of blocks of c4, blasting caps, and shock tube. 

If games wanted to be accurate they would give us the same loadout as the infantry, but then penalize us speed for all the extra shit we carry. 

As an aside, I once had to carry so much shit that I had no room for the improvised charge in my pack, so stuffed the blasting caps into my cargo pockets.  I was smart enough to put the charge portion in the opposite side so in case any accident happened the blasting caps wouldn't set off the det cord, it isn't anything to combine them back together to make the full charge.  Anyways, we were rucking to the objective and I fell and landed right on the blasting caps, and it is a very odd feeling to be thinking as you are falling that you are going to hit the earth and when you do your going to get back up with holes in your legs from where the caps went off. 

But luckily I didn't hit hard enough for that to happen and so the dingle got to dangle another day. 

The Necronoir

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 09, 2021, 02:54:20 AM
I think anything involving engineers in the military is pretty off base in scifi games and movies.  Usually in a game an engineer in the military is some kind of tech dude running around with all kinds of gadgets like deployable drones, and door hacks, and sentry guns etc but is usually nuetered  when it comes to offensive armament.   I think developers see engineers and just think like geniuses in stem fields or something that are just in the military due to bad luck or to pay off college or something.

But in reality they are just infantry dudes that aren't in the infantry that carry a bunch of blasting caps, shock tube, det cord, and c4 as well as all the typical armament a basic rifle squad in the infantry would carry.

I had an m4, m320 grenade launcher, the typical combat load for ammunition, an improvised breaching charge of det cord for blowing open doors, a sledgehammer for bashing open doors, a couple of blocks of c4, blasting caps, and shock tube. 

If games wanted to be accurate they would give us the same loadout as the infantry, but then penalize us speed for all the extra shit we carry. 

As an aside, I once had to carry so much shit that I had no room for the improvised charge in my pack, so stuffed the blasting caps into my cargo pockets.  I was smart enough to put the charge portion in the opposite side so in case any accident happened the blasting caps wouldn't set off the det cord, it isn't anything to combine them back together to make the full charge.  Anyways, we were rucking to the objective and I fell and landed right on the blasting caps, and it is a very odd feeling to be thinking as you are falling that you are going to hit the earth and when you do your going to get back up with holes in your legs from where the caps went off. 

But luckily I didn't hit hard enough for that to happen and so the dingle got to dangle another day.

Went right over your head, didn't it? Someone want to spell it out for him? :D

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 09, 2021, 02:54:20 AM
:)

Oh man, I think the tweet hints at the engineers, not an engineers. :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I was on my phone and didn't wait for image to load.

Just take what I said and apply it to the engineer class for humans.  I was actually going by Kradans post, and did indeed assume the link would be about the human class.  Woops.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 07, 2021, 06:26:31 PM
https://twitter.com/aliensfireteame/status/1412818696607838216?s

Very similar to the Sacrificial Engineer who seeded life on Planet 4 Earth at the beginning of Prometheus:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed