A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford

Started by Local Trouble, Aug 08, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

Author
A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford (Read 74,032 times)

Local Trouble

Any recent acquisitions?  The backlog must grow.

DerelictShip

Never forgiven.

Vertigo

Randy Pitchford is interviewed in a YouTube doc about Half-Life fandom that dropped yesterday. (Gearbox got their start making expansions and ports for the first Half-Life.)

Nothing about A:CM or Borderlands in there, but just in case anyone is in the mood for some Randiness...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLEW1c-69c

Local Trouble

Does his work on HL2 not garner Randy some forgiveness points?

Vertigo

I don't think he had anything to do with HL2 did he? Gearbox developed Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Decay, the HL1 console ports and most of Condition Zero, but as far as I know Valve did the whole second generation in-house.

Opposing Force is a cool expansion pack, but Colonial Marines was a full game. I think he's still got some way to go to balance his karma.

Local Trouble

Randy's getting people hyped for Borderlands 3.  I wonder how many people will continue to boycott his wares if it's awesome.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2018, 10:13:44 PM
Randy's getting people hyped for Borderlands 3.  I wonder how many people will continue to boycott his wares if it's awesome.

I wonder what unsuspecting developers are paying for this one?

Local Trouble

The demo looks amazing.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2018, 11:25:29 PM
The demo looks amazing.

Yeah, that's how he gets ya.

Local Trouble

Did you pre-order it?

Huggs

Huggs

Honestly, if and when I can pick up a PS4, it'll go right on the list. I do enjoy the Borderlands games. The Triple Pack on PS3 with all the DLC was months of fun, especially when you're playing local coop.

Local Trouble

Randy appreciates your support.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 20, 2018, 12:03:41 AM
Randy appreciates your support.

That pitchfork of his getting heavy is it? Randy Iscariot.

After what happened with A:CM, he should be hiding out in an embassy like Julian Assange.

Local Trouble

He knows he can just keep churning out Borderlands games and people will keep throwing their money at him.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 20, 2018, 12:38:14 AM
He knows he can just keep churning out Borderlands games and people will keep throwing their money at him.

With any luck, they'll be throwing singles and he'll have to dance for them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed