Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:20:28 PM
Alien³ does have that feeling of waking up from dreaming something you desperately wanted, but it is just a dream, the film itself tonally feels very real overall. Opening and closing moments set aside. Aliens does seemingly partake in a degree of wish fulfilment for Ripley.   

Not like Alien Resurrection which practically operates on dream logic.
I agree but say that I think most have made it clear for twenty six years, it is an inherently flawed premise to most, Alien Resurrection. Some can not buy earnestly into the cloning from the word go, especially used to bring back ostensibly dead characters, it only works to the degree it does because everything feels lalmost ike a fever dream.
I was eleven that year. I was majorly hyped for the release, while I recall one of my friends dismissively saying, "I don't like his haircut."

Bought the Marvel comic adaptation. Loved it. Bought Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, loved that. Went to E.T. with my brother, and was this close to sneaking into Blade Runner, but thought better of it (in those days, ushers would patrol the aisles and kick you out).

Missed it in the theatres, but saw it immediately when it came out on video in '83. So then, on top of the story, I got the music, I got the sound, I got the visual effects, I got it all, and I f**king loved it.

So even without having seen the film, I was captivated by Blade Runner, and I think that says a lot.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:28:45 AM
I agree but too late, it's confirmed anyways
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:59:18 AMSomeone wake up @𝔈𝔩 𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔞𝔳𝔬 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔞𝔧𝔢𝔯𝔬  :o

Alien Films / Re: So is the Queen still aliv...
Last post by Wweyland - Today at 11:12:21 AM
Just pick up the lonely Deacon from LV-223
They need to add some maps or game modes to make it worthwhile.
If they are not confident about a city map, they should make an "in-between", with a half-jungle, half favela or something.
Also, an "Ultimate Edition" would be nice.
Resurrection definitely has a more heightened, exaggerated tone, and a style/execution more comparable to comics than to the previous films themselves, but I wouldn't say it feels like parody at all to me. It is earnestly setting out to be another Alien movie, not to riff on and make fun of the ones that came before it.
Fan Art / Re: Used AI to make some Preda...
Last post by Wweyland - Today at 10:45:40 AM
The last 2 look almost non-AI.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed