Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jan 18, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Yes
No
Author
Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters? (Read 14,616 times)

LastSurvivor92

I saw Aliens at my local theater here in town this past weekend and I was wandering if people would be down to see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut version in a theater re-release?

I think it would be very cool to see the Assembly Cut version of Alien 3 in theaters again. What do you guys think?

Ingwar

Alien 3 at the cinema? Anytime mate :)

Local Trouble

I would never pay money to see any version of Alien 3 again.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Only if they put some real money into fixing the creature effects and if they finish and polish the whole thing.

Then I would.  :)

Nyarlathotep

I agree, it deserves a re-release in cinemas. F*ck the haters.

Local Trouble

I don't hate it, I just don't like it enough to desire seeing it in the theater again.  A remastered edition with updated visual effects would make it worth my while though. 

BishopShouldGo

Yeah. The only Alien film I haven't seen in theaters is Alien 3. And I haven't seen Predator 2 in theaters either for that matter.

In order for me:

Alien: Resurrection - upon release. I was five.
Alien: Director's Cut - upon release
AvP - upon release
Alien(2nd theatrical experience) and Predator double bill screening at an AvP:R event that Colin Strause was at.
AvP:R - upon release
Aliens screening
Predators - upon release
Prometheus - upon release

Rankles75

I'd rather watch "The Last Airbender" again. Speaking of which, f**k you M. Night, you lousy hack...

426Buddy

I would rather seen Alien3 a hundred more times than watch "The Last Airbender" all the way through even once.

judge death

I would love to see it in cinema.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 18, 2017, 06:04:08 PM
I don't hate it, I just don't like it enough to desire seeing it in the theater again.  A remastered edition with updated visual effects would make it worth my while though.
I didn't mean that directly at you bud, sorry for the confusion.

Scorpio

I have seen all the Alien films at the theatre. 

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is much more cinematic, particularly the opening with Clemens and the Ox burster scene.  The theatrical does not take the time to introduce the world of Fury 161, and Clemens just sort of appears out of nowhere.  Also, the dog burst scene they shot to replace the ox burster looks more cheaply done.  The slaughterhouse is a much more elaborate set, plus the extended bambi burster.

SM

I'd see this rambling mess in a theatre if someone comped me some tickets.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2017, 11:10:14 PM
I'd see this rambling mess in a theatre if someone comped me some tickets.

Are you ready to concede that the assembly cut is a far superior movie?

windebieste

windebieste

Yeah.  For sure.  It would need some more tidying up but it's cinema worthy.  Freshen up some of those composited shots of the alien and a few other FX and it would be deserving of cinema release.

'ALIEN 3' is a sturdy entry into the series.  It's not perfect, we all know and acknowledge that that egg is a problem.  Nonetheless, of all the 'ALIEN' movies from last Century, this one has arguably aged the best, if anything it has improved with time.  Largely due to the repeat attempts at restoring it closer to what it should have been in the first place.   One thing for sure, it's a damned sight better than 90% of content that passes as SF in cinema today.  If it's ringed by neon blue lights and features a cast that would look at home in 'Beverley Hills 90210' it must be sci-fi!  f**k that.

Oh, and retconners r gon hate no matter what.  Especially anything that enforces this movie's rightful place in the series. 

Go 'ALIEN 3'!  Would love to see a cinematic release.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed