Should the Alien and predator be more equal in term of strength?

Started by Thatguy2068, Dec 27, 2021, 03:29:39 PM

Author
Should the Alien and predator be more equal in term of strength? (Read 14,389 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2022, 11:22:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 10:21:28 AM
We see them already deploying and facing away from the point of impact. Sure, it's sci-fi and anything can happen, but I really don't think there's any intent of that there.
Eh, it's a prime position for when it reaches its target :P

Makes sense how a blunt end sticks into anything.

I don't follow you here. It's a fairly straight trajectory with very little distance to cover. Granted, I'm hardly a grappling hook expert but I've always been under the impression that it's about the claws getting over something and getting several prongs secured under/over an edge, not embedding into something for securement.

SiL

I know that's how they typically work, I'm playing on

Sure, it's sci-fi and anything can happen,

Sol

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2022, 04:21:35 AM
I was just curious why you thought the Alien should be nerfed.

Show me where I said that. Lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2022, 12:26:16 PM
I know that's how they typically work, I'm playing on

Sure, it's sci-fi and anything can happen,

Give me a tongue face, you sarcastic bastard.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: judge death on Jan 11, 2022, 08:24:58 PM
We dont see predator tearing down metal doors like the xenos,

We see the City Hunter tear through a metal elevator door.

Quote from: judge death on Jan 11, 2022, 09:00:35 PM
I thought the jungle hunter was limping after he got hit once.

Watch Predator again. I don't think the Jungle Hunter was limping at all. And who said he was just hit once, rather than being barely hurt by many bullets?

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 11, 2022, 09:08:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 11, 2022, 03:08:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2022, 02:31:02 PM
I'd like to - theatrically - see a Predator take on the explosive tipped Pulse Rifle rounds. It seems to take literal point-blank for 19mm to do anything, and being inside the body for a 12 gauge to do anything. Granted the City Hunter keeps functioning after multiple 12 gauge shots, but the intent was he was starting to get particularly weakened after that.

The Predator would probably fair better against Ripley's grappling hook though, where the Alien clearly bleeds from. No explosive tips and point blank there.  ;D

https://i.ibb.co/mchktRZ/Project002-1-1.gif

Doesn't this mean that a Hellhound can beat Big Chap?  ;D

https://s10.gifyu.com/images/gif-3809b24859c88c91e.gif

You know it!!!

*that Hell-Hound is a tough little bugger*

I don't even know why there's a debate.

Wolf already showed us who is the strongest.

;D

Sol

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2022, 02:40:48 PM

https://i.ibb.co/Bsb0Qzp/20220112-092903-1-1-1.gif

There's really strong biases here, even with me. But, I specified my thoughts were personal head cannon and still got flak. lol

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sol on Jan 12, 2022, 02:51:38 PM

There's really strong biases here, even with me. But, I specified my thoughts were personal head cannon and still got flak. lol

That's because Alien vs Predator dude! We can't help our personal favorite biases affect our arguments.  :laugh:

Sol

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2022, 02:58:28 PM
Quote from: Sol on Jan 12, 2022, 02:51:38 PM

That's because Alien vs Predator dude! We can't help our personal favorite biases affect our arguments.  :laugh:

Yea. Sadly, nothing new. Where's the "why not both" gif, when I need it.

Kradan

I think that's really what it all comes down to

IMO Alien should have higher natural strength and velocity while Predator's prevailance should lie in technology and hunting technics

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sol on Jan 12, 2022, 01:08:39 PM
Show me where I said that. Lol
You think the thing that jumped out of ten tons of molten lead should be weaker than the thing which has never been seen doing anything like that show of strength, that's nerfing :P

Sol

That's what I meant by inconsistent though! Depending on the film, what these creatures do is all over the place. But I digress, I love them both, and I don't think anything human would stand a chance in Hell, trying to fight these guys unarmed and alone.

The Xeno, even in my head canon is not weak. A tour de force of power for sure.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2022, 08:01:08 PM
You think the thing that jumped out of ten tons of molten lead should be weaker than the thing which has never been seen doing anything like that show of strength, that's nerfing :P

To be fair, I would imagine that scene was intended by filmakers to showcase Runner's heat resistance not neccesarily its strength. You're supposed to go "Oh shit, it survived in that temperature !". For a layman viewer there isn't much difference between jumping out of a pool of water or molten lead in terms of physical effort it requires

SiL

Jumping out of a pool of water the way the Runner does would also be incredibly impressive.

Kradan

I think Predator would be able to do that too

SiL

Show me the receipts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed