Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 12, 2021, 02:26:00 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release! (Read 26,059 times)

Kradan

But our protagonist is a GIRL so it must be woke feminist SJW propaganda ! Right ?

HuDaFuK

How dare they make a film with a female lead after four movies with male leads! Where will it end?!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Predator woke movie has a lead that is not a big macho bodybuilder!!  >:( ... so how on Earth is it possible for this skinny girl to beat the alien hunter?! ::) The dark times we live.  :o🙀

Edit: The world is such a crazy place, and I want someone to get me down from here.  :'(

Master

While I'm not as worried as BlackDestiny, cautious approach is adviced. Just look what they did with Ghostbusters in 2016, just look at it Damn It!

HuDaFuK

I feel like that was a bit different though. That was shamelessly taking a movie with an all-male lead cast and replacing them with women.

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely in the cautious camp with this, but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison, because even if you take out the female lead it seems like they're trying to do something a bit different with this movie.

Master

Yes, I know it tries different things. Just advise to be cautious, thats all.

Kradan

Oh, I am super-cautious. Nothing from this movie so far made me go "f**k yeah, I wanna see this !"

David

Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2021, 02:16:54 PM
While I'm not as worried as BlackDestiny, cautious approach is adviced. Just look what they did with Ghostbusters in 2016, just look at it Damn It!

Iam OK with 2016 Ghostbusters. At least with Slovak dubbing. Never saw it in English language.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 22, 2021, 06:01:10 PMOh, I am super-cautious. Nothing from this movie so far made me go "f**k yeah, I wanna see this !"

The historical setting is what has me most interested, because that's something I've wanted them to do for ages.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David on Nov 22, 2021, 06:08:50 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2021, 02:16:54 PM

Iam OK with 2016 Ghostbusters. At least with Slovak dubbing. Never saw it in English language.

Even though I loved two of the actresses in the film "Bridesmaids", Ghostbusters 2016 was just a painful experience for me. Too much ad libbing in what felt like a constant unfunny effort to out do each other with their wit. But I think it's wrong to attribute the poor quality of that film to females starring. An all-male cast could have been easily substituted in that production and I believe it would have been equally as bad the way that entire movie was constructed. But regardless, I think what is important here is to form an opinion after actually seeing the film. I would say everyone should afford that opportunity with "Prey".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2021, 06:54:14 PMBut I think it's wrong to attribute the poor quality of that film to females starring. An all-male cast could have been easily substituted in that production and I believe it would have been equally as bad the way that entire movie was constructed.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply it was shit because it had women in it, just that it struck me as one of those incredibly cynical feminist remakes where they just went "I know! Let's take a successful film that starred men... but replace them with women!" and that was the full extent of the effort put into it.

Master

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 22, 2021, 06:59:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2021, 06:54:14 PMBut I think it's wrong to attribute the poor quality of that film to females starring. An all-male cast could have been easily substituted in that production and I believe it would have been equally as bad the way that entire movie was constructed.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply it was shit because it had women in it, just that it struck me as one of those incredibly cynical feminist remakes where they just went "I know! Let's take a successful film that starred men... but replace them with women!" and that was the full extent of the effort put into it.

Yeeeep. That's the point. Nothing to do with gender, just the attitude put into it.

BigDaddyJohn

If there's definitely one thing that got me excited regarding Prey, it's the setting. It's a great one to put a predator in ! Depending on many other factors though, it can also be shitty. I stay on the optimistic side for now.

Immortan Jonesy

I liked the idea of a Predator movie in Feudal Japan with samurais, plus one in 1715.  :laugh:

So yeah, I can empathize with the feeling. However, with interesting setting and everything could still suck with the wrong execution. But it seems to me that we have already seen everything about the Predator hunting humans in the modern age, so I fantasized about the past or future.

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed