Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,258 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Nov 20, 2021, 08:48:52 PM
I always thought 1718 was a super disposable one shot and am genuinely surprised to see people worried about it.

I'm surprised that some people think the opposite. Its a short but very well done story that doesn't overstay its welcome and its a nice mini background story to Greyback's possession of the pistol. That alone is why so many people love it. Plus, seeing how retconning is done these days, I don't trust the producers to do it correctly and perhaps ruin this too. Just keep some things left alone, not everything like Greyback or the 1718 story has to be shoehorned in. That path rarely works on any media ever. 

SiL

SiL

Most people don't even know it exists. I also don't think ignoring comics really counts as retconning. The movies have never been beholden to the expanded media.

Stitch

Stitch

I like 1718, but the movies were never going to uphold the expanded canon if they have a different story to tell. 90% of the audience probably don't even know it exists.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Nov 20, 2021, 09:40:01 PM
Most people don't even know it exists. I also don't think ignoring comics really counts as retconning. The movies have never been beholden to the expanded media.

Predator fans 100% know it exists, rarely have I seen forums not discuss this not once and not to mention all those views on the various video essays on it. General audience don't know but its not even a factor as its a neutral variable that can work in favor for the Predator fans. Alas, even with this particular expanded media was due to closely following what the brothers' mentioned for the pistol's origin in the behind the scenes of P2, it is still expanded media. It just factors down to if the film's take on the pistol is worse then the comic's. When expanded media is better than the films, then you know you f**ked up badly. I just hope they don't f**k up on this part at all.

BlueMarsalis79

EU's often better sadly.

SiL

SiL

EU is often a God damn dumpster fire and all the better for it.

[cancerblack]

Predator: Invaders From the Fourth Dimension and Aliens: Earth Angel are bits of EU that on paper are absolute dumpster fires but via execution are all the better for it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2021, 03:06:59 AM
EU's often better sadly.

Well, I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case this time around, if the flintlock rumor/assumptions in "Prey" turn out to be true.

overthere

overthere

Things are pretty quiet, aren't they

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Sure is. The nature of a streaming release I think. Often promotion doesn't start until a couple months before release.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Is it really going to be released this summer or was that just a rumor?

SiL

SiL

Many streaming films don't advertise until a few weeks ahead these days. Long advertising campaigns are expensive and the high volume of content output means people have fairly short attention spans when it comes to what's coming out when.

I'd bet we might not see anything until as close as 8 weeks from release. Could be more, but even theatrical films are using short pre-release ad periods these days

overthere

overthere

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2022, 03:00:30 AM
even theatrical films are using short pre-release ad periods these days

Except The Batman, I guess :D

Kradan

Kradan

Indeed  :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 08, 2022, 11:39:29 PM
Is it really going to be released this summer or was that just a rumor?

"Summer" was part of the announcement on Disney+ Day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed