What was the last album, ep, single etc that you bought!

Started by Keg, Jun 07, 2011, 08:48:04 PM

Author
What was the last album, ep, single etc that you bought! (Read 51,188 times)

Keg

Theres plenty of dvd, blu ray and game topics, and theres plenty of topics about what your favourite bands are and what youre listening to but I couldnt find one like this.

Now I know not many people buy music in physical form these days but for those that do, lets hear what youve been buying be it vinyl, cd or whatever. Some of us still like to have a growing music collection thats tangible and infront of them and some of us still get excited when an album has great artwork or comes with something different.

I always look forward to Ed Banger Records releases because they often have something special about them. Uffies album (Sex, Dreams & Denim Jeans) came in a little denim sleeve designed to look like a back pocket of a pair of jeans. Justice's album Cross opened up into a big (you guessed it) cross shape. DJ Mehdi's compilation Red, Black & Blue came with a nice little booklet in which he'd written little notes about each song he'd chosen which was nice to read.

People say you should never judge a book by its cover but sometimes I judge a CD by its cover(not often but I have done it) and i'll pick it up purely because of its cover and buy it on a whim.

I probably spend about £100 on CD's a month, wether that be in a store like HMV or at a market or charity shop.

Anyway today ive just bought:

Albums:
My Morning Jacket - Circuital
SebastiAn - Total
Led Zeppelin - Mothership (Cant believe I didnt own a Led Zep until now, shameful)
Friendly Fires - Pala

Compilations:
Friendly Fires - Bugged Out! presents Suck My Deck
Rough Trade - Counter Culture 10
Kitsune Maison 11

Come on guys there must be some of you on here who has a collection and not just digital data on a computer and I wanna hear about it?

m41guy

Man, it's been a couple of years since I bought a cd.

The last ones I remember buying were:
Revenge of the Sith OST
Evanescence - first one
Seether - Disclaimer II

It was back in 2005.  For me I just lost a lot of interest in music and I'll hear a song or two I like but not any specific group enough to warrant buying a whole dvd.   :-\

MrLee

i picked up "The Aeroplane Flies High" Boxset by Smashing Pumpkins a few days ago off the net.

I intend to buy Stone Temple Pilots - Purple, and a few Lenny Kravitz CD's

Forge FE

Mortal Treason- A Call to The Martyrs

Seriously sick album, took me ages to find it too

MrLee

found an awesome music shop and bought

Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists
Lenny Kravitz - Let Love Rule
Suede - Best of
White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000 \m/
Prince - 1999
Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Nightmare Asylum

Foo Fighters Greatest Hits.

samoht

I bought The Essential Bob Dylan CD pack.

And I also bought The Pixies: Surfer Rosa. Come on Pilgrim

I don't listen to music much and don't have a large collection of music.

Orbital Nuke

Looooooooooooong time since I've actually paid for music. But I think the last album that I bought was Bjork's debut album.

SK100

Amon Amarth's Surtur Rising

Keg

Today I picked up

Digitalism: I Love You Dude
Beastie Boys: Solid Gold Hits
Arcade Fire: Scenes From The Suburbs
SBTRKT: SBTRKT
Lykke Lie: Wounded Rhymes

Pn2501

Quote from: Keg on Jul 09, 2011, 11:29:06 PM
Arcade Fire: Scenes From The suburbs.
Anygood?

Keg

Dont know never had a chance to watch it yet. I presume youre talking about the short film seeing as its the same album as The Suburbs only with two new tracks, a dvd with a short film by Spike Jonze, and an 80 page booklet. Nice little set and if you dont already own the album its definately the one to pick up. I already own it but i had to have it.

I'll watch it today at some point.

severen76

Frank Turner - England Keep my Bones
City & Colour - Little Hell

I used to buy CDs every week a year or so ago. Now it's only every few weeks.

Pn2501

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2011, 11:00:08 AM
Dont know never had a chance to watch it yet. I presume youre talking about the short film seeing as its the same album as The Suburbs only with two new tracks, a dvd with a short film by Spike Jonze, and an 80 page booklet. Nice little set and if you dont already own the album its definately the one to pick up. I already own it but i had to have it.

I'll watch it today at some point.

Yeah let me know how it goes.

Keg

Quote from: severen76 on Jul 10, 2011, 11:49:53 PM
Frank Turner - England Keep my Bones
City & Colour - Little Hell

I used to buy CDs every week a year or so ago. Now it's only every few weeks.

I tend to wait until im paid at the end of the month and then go nuts. Although last weeks was a mid month double dip. The album I actually wanted wasnt even there  >:(

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 10, 2011, 11:50:59 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2011, 11:00:08 AM

I'll watch it today at some point probably.

Yeah let me know how it goes.

Watched it today. I really enjoyed it and thought it was great. If youre a fan of Arcade Fire and Spike Jonze (Where The Wild Things Are, Being John Malkovich) then its worth checking out. Its not incredible and a sin to miss or anything but its definately worth watching if youre a fan of either. Being a bigger fan of Arcade Fire and in particular their latest album helps the most though because its basically a half hour film with the soundtrack being tracks from the album. It works brilliantly by the way and its not just a cheesy "insert track here" self promotion thing.
The whole thing is well thought out and the two brothers from AF wrote it with Jonze.

The short making of documentary is alot of fun to watch too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed