AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,497 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 06, 2020, 01:51:44 PM
I greatly prefer Resurrection over AvPR or The Predator.

Yep. For all of Resurrection's issues, it is a very interesting movie.

AVPR and The Predator, on the other hand?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 07, 2020, 12:53:36 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 06, 2020, 01:51:44 PM
I greatly prefer Resurrection over AvPR or The Predator.

Yep. For all of Resurrection's issues, it is a very interesting movie.

AVPR and The Predator, on the other hand?

I don't know. I wouldn't describe any of the three as "interesting" to a new potential viewer.  There's just not enough there, even in Resurrection.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2020, 06:41:08 PM
I say it all the time - Resurrection's a decent film, it's just a bad sequel to the entries that came before it.

This is the first step on the road to embracing the crazy, you'll join us here in time.

Corporal Hicks

Resurrection had some interesting elements to play with, but nothing was fleshed out well enough IMHO. I still think Ripley 8 is one of the most fascinating characters in the entire series.

TStyx

TStyx

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2020, 07:38:18 AM
Resurrection had some interesting elements to play with, but nothing was fleshed out well enough IMHO. I still think Ripley 8 is one of the most fascinating characters in the entire series.
I thought Resurrection to be an ok film but Ripley 8 was a bit of a Mary Sue character unlike Ripley.

The most disappointing film for me was The Predator.  Sitting in the cinema it started off great for about 20 mins I thought it was going to be the best predator film ever till they escaped the lab then just plummeted.  It was like they'd tried to make 3 different films then edited the bit together.  So many plot lines that went no where and don't mention the Ironman ending just...  urgh  :-\  I think I prefer Requiem over The Predator!  There I've said it. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TStyx on Jun 15, 2020, 04:13:33 PM
I think I prefer Requiem over The Predator!  There I've said it.

Voodoo Magic

Grinding is not good for the teeth!

Kradan

Kradan

Loving Requiem either

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2020, 07:38:18 AM

Just me, but I actually dig the idea of a Riplay 8 live action. Unfortunately Sigourney Weaver is too old for that.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 15, 2020, 05:11:56 PM
Loving Requiem either

The Predator crew should have scanned Scar's body.

That way the Predalien (may its name be forever cursed) would  have been destroyed, and that way Requiem would not exist.

Edit - If you don't like my idea, great! that's why I post it. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 16, 2020, 03:21:17 AM
Edit - If you don't like my idea, great! that's why I post it. 

https://i.imgur.com/p2a1QHE.gif

I'm damn sure love this gif

Crazy Rich

Found I could change my vote from so long ago, which was AvP-R.

Movies like Alien Resurrection I consider to be poor but it has it's redeemable qualities, I'd watch it again but Alien to Alien 3 will always be higher priority.

Prometheus and Covenant I don't care for, but I don't hate them either like I do other movies and if people enjoy them that's fine, I just view them as unnecessary and problematic and find that they kill the mysterious immersion of the first half of Alien that I used to feel once upon a time. *sigh*

AvP and Predators are just static at this point.

AvP-R, what I originally voted for, was just outright bad, would not watch again and I at the time thought it couldn't get any worse.

But boy was I wrong because The Predator bitterly and narrowly squeezes it's way to the #1 spot of my least favourite of all the movies, it's not just outright bad but it's even repugnant from my perspective.

Kradan

Kradan

There's always possibility to hit lower

Crazy Rich

Perhaps one day the bar will be so low that even the 9th Circle of Hell will be like "Dude...".

Kradan

Kradan

Perhaps

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed