AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie

Started by Its Game Time, Apr 11, 2007, 12:57:17 AM

Whats your fave movie out of the whole franchise?

Predator
164 (19.3%)
Predator 2
45 (5.3%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
29 (3.4%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
25 (2.9%)
Alien
203 (23.9%)
Aliens
305 (35.9%)
AlienĀ³
51 (6%)
Alien Resurrection
8 (0.9%)
Predators
12 (1.4%)
Prometheus
2 (0.2%)
Alien: Covenant
4 (0.5%)
The Predator
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 793

Author
AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie (Read 182,231 times)

chopperXgill

chopperXgill

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 20, 2020, 03:41:01 AM
Quote from: chopperXgill on Jul 20, 2020, 03:28:03 AM
So much more love for the AVP films then the alien prequels. Definitely wasn't expecting that
A fear I had when an Alien prequel was first announced was that I didn't want a film that explicitly setup Alien, i.e. ending with the derelict ship crashing, but now I kind of need the connect the dots to make it work. I know Ridley has alleged he has plans for a 3rd film but I think he's more interested in following David's journey than he is adhering to existing canon.

I agree, worst fear is having David as the space jockey in alien. My problem with Prometheus was that it didn't connect to the alien enough to call it a prequel. It should have been an original film in its own world. Then with covenant, the course correction to fit it more into the alien saga was just too much for me.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

We wouldn't be talking about Prometheus in that case.  I think it is a good addition to the films, but I don't think I like the fact that David created the Aliens, and I abhor the idea that David May be the space jockey...

I think Marvel should recognize that Aliens is the core film and they should focus on a good continuation of that in the vein of Verheiden.

I hope they see the potential in Newt of a Disney Princess from a dark fairy tale, which is what Aliens in many ways is.  You imagine the stakes in the film through the eyes of a child and that is where the film's magic lies.

8). Bring it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: chopperXgill on Jul 20, 2020, 03:28:03 AMSo much more love for the AVP films then the alien prequels. Definitely wasn't expecting that

AVP and Prometheus are far and away the biggest appointments I've ever seen in the cinema.

The difference is I've come to accept AVP as a shitty B-movie. Prometheus is still a total failure as smart sci-fi.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 22, 2020, 08:49:17 PM
AVP and Prometheus are far and away the biggest appointments I've ever seen in the cinema.

Every movie I see is an appointment.

Spoiler
;D
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Duck you, autocorrect.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2020, 08:44:20 AM
Duck you, autocorrect.

God doughnut! Mothra falkner electrics!

Perfect-Organism

Not be mentioning the elephant in the room but Aliens is the film we love most as a community here.  I would think the vast majority of the public (those that care anyway) would feel the same.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 26, 2020, 12:51:54 AM
Not be mentioning the elephant in the room but Aliens is the film we love most as a community here.  I would think the vast majority of the public (those that care anyway) would feel the same.

AlienS over Alien?.... nah fam og all the way  8)

Nightmare Asylum

No disrespect at all to Jimbo's masterpiece, but Alien is far and away the best.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Aliens is undoubtedly the more popular though. And that's what this thread is asking.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't know about that. Out in the general world, in popular culture beyond the confines of the fandom, I actually feel like I've been experiencing more references to, riffs on, etc. the original film these days.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, I think that's largely driven by Ridley Scott's return to the gold over the past decade, but even this poll indicates that Aliens is the superior film of the series.  The numbers here are a small cross section but they don't lie.

Nightmare Asylum

These numbers are also part of a poll that's been basically stagnant for 13 years, however, and only really represent the opinions of a tiny group of people that will actually log in online and spend time talking about this kind of stuff in a forum.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 26, 2020, 04:06:18 PM
These numbers are also part of a poll that's been basically stagnant for 13 years, however, and only really represent the opinions of a tiny group of people that will actually log in online and spend time talking about this kind of stuff in a forum.

Granted, but I think if any new cohort of people were to watch all these films, their conclusion would still be the same.  Aliens would come out on top.  I get the appeal of Alien, and it got the whole ball rolling, but Aliens is just in a league of its own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed