Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 12, 2021, 02:26:00 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release! (Read 26,051 times)

Kradan

"Movie seems to do everything right" is an easy route to get over-hyped. Just saying

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 13, 2021, 03:10:55 PM
"Movie seems to do everything right" is an easy route to get over-hyped. Just saying

Who's quote is that? Did anyone say that? I just said it checked the right boxes. But that doesn't stop a script being horribly written, horribly casted, horribly acted or horribly shot and edited.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 13, 2021, 03:35:39 PM

Who's quote is that? Did anyone say that? I just said it checked the right boxes. But that doesn't stop a script being horribly written, horribly casted, horribly acted or horribly shot and edited.

Well, it's not a direct quote but you guessed right - I was thinking about you while writing it. And I don't see much of a difference between "checking the right boxes" and "seemingly doing everything right".  Do you ?

Anyway, not trying to take away from your excitement. But I'll stay cautiously optimistic untill the movie comes out. We had bloody Shane Black directing previous one and we all know how that turned out

P. S. Maybe I shouldn't have used italics ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 13, 2021, 04:16:58 PM
https://deadline.com/2021/11/predator-prequel-prey-dan-trachtenberg-skulls-title-release-date-1234872831/

so it's only one predator.... the question is... who's playing it??

They might not show their hand if there's more than one Predator. Remember Stephen Hopkins kept denying to the press that there was multiple Predators in "Predator 2", and we all know how that turned out.  :)

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 13, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 13, 2021, 03:35:39 PM

Well, it's not a direct quote but you guessed right - I was thinking about you while writing it. And I don't see much of a difference between "checking the right boxes" and "seemingly doing everything right".  Do you ?

Anyway, not trying to take away from your excitement. But I'll stay cautiously optimistic untill the movie comes out. We had bloody Shane Black directing previous one and we all know how that turned out

P. S. Maybe I shouldn't have used italics ?

Maybe it's lost in translation. But checking all the boxes basically means (let's use a cooking analogy) that it has the right ingredients. But it still takes a chef to prepare it adequately.  :)

Kradan

Kradan

Back to the topic: in regards to the title change - to be frank,"Skulls", especially now in retrospect, sounded a little silly to me. I get the connection to Predators but all I could imagine from hearing it wss an image of cartoony skeletons dancing. It sounds more like a code name for the movie than an actual title. Like, what is this movie supposed to be about judging from the title ?  About bones ? About human body parts ?  About maniac surgeon gone on a killing spree ?

What I'm trying to say is that "Prey" IMO is much more related to the whole hunting theme  (which is what Predator is about, at its core) and better at conveying what the film is gonna be about

BlueMarsalis79

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 13, 2021, 08:30:06 PM
Back to the topic: in regards to the title change - to be frank,"Skulls", especially now in retrospect, sounded a little silly to me. I get the connection to Predators but all I could imagine from hearing it wss an image of cartoony skeletons dancing. It sounds more like a code name for the movie than an actual title. Like, what is this movie supposed to be about judging from the title ?  About bones ? About human body parts ?  About maniac surgeon gone on a killing spree ?

What I'm trying to say is that "Prey" IMO is much more related to the whole hunting theme  (which is what Predator is about, at its core) and better at conveying what the film is gonna be about
Won't you feel silly when it does feature dancing skeletons...

Master

Yeah, I like Prey much better then Skull/s.

acrediblesource

Still think Predator: Skulls or  Predator: Prey would make more sense  .....as did Alien:Covenant.....ect. But whatever, not a deal breaker.

David

So what is the name of the first AvP novel?

Kradan

BlackDestiny

Not excited for this at all.
It's basically a feminized inversion of the over-the-top machismo of the first film.

As i've said before, i watch Films to be entertained, not preached to.

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

Quote from: BlackDestiny on Nov 22, 2021, 01:48:39 AM
As i've said before, i watch Films to be entertained, not preached to.
And you can tell the film is going to preach at you based on a poster and a half-baked logline? Amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed