Sega Announces New AvP Game!

Started by Darkness, Feb 11, 2009, 07:44:27 PM

Author
Sega Announces New AvP Game! (Read 17,725 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Well, it has been rumoured since before AvP Requiem came out, it’s now official: Sega will be publishing a new Aliens vs. Predator game due to be released in early 2010. Rebellion will be developing the game who also developed the PC FPS AvP1 (1999) and more recently AvP Requiem (2007) for the PSP. There are no platforms announced or even a genre. Here’s Sega’s press release:

“SEGA will publish an all-new Aliens vs. Predator (working title) game in early 2010. The game is currently in development with independent developer Rebellion… …”The innovative new AvP game presents an exciting opportunity for us,” says CEO of SEGA West, Naoya Tsurumi, “It represents a fantastic addition to our growing Aliens franchise and the reinvention of one of gaming's most cherished iconic titles. By adjusting the release of our other Aliens titles to accommodate it, SEGA will ensure that every title lives up to the high expectations of Aliens and AvP fans.”"

This essentially means Aliens: Colonial Marines and the Aliens RPG have been delayed until after AvP has been released. Thanks to Chris, wjkoemar, sambomambo, Salt The Fries, funcroc and jimmyboy for the news.

Update: Platforms have been confirmed: X360, PS3 and PC.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It says so in the articles

funcroc

funcroc

http://twitter.com/SegaAmerica  "This morning we announced the new Alien v. Predator game, developed by Rebellion. Launch slated for early 2010 on X360, PS3 and PC."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

YAY!!! hmm, which should i buy for? 360 or PC? hmm.

CanadianHero67

YES! People may not like the movies but the games always rock!

Cellien

Cellien

It doesn't technically confirm that A:CM will come out after AvP though that's the likely case.  The quote isn't clear whether AvP will be the first of future AvP games or first of all the games.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm hoping that it does.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It about time    ;D  !

n3m0

n3m0

"SEGA will ensure that every title lives up to the high expectations of Aliens and AvP fans"  no hope for predator fans XD j/k

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Hell, I hope that quote above of what they said about it meeting our expectations is right...I would hate for it to be dissapointing, but all we can do is now wait for gameplay vids.

perfect organism

I love the idea of a new AVP game, but what about "Aliens Colonial Marines" - now it comes out 2010 or what? I just hope they release it this summer cause I just cant wait anymore....

Private W Hudson

Oh man i'd rather have that aliens colonial marines first but nvm ill enjoy avp3 :) lets hope they give us more information and footage please please!!

Commander Griker

This essentially means Aliens: Colonial Marines and the Aliens RPG have been delayed until after AvP has been released. Thanks to Chris, wjkoemar, sambomambo, Salt The Fries and funcroc for the news.  HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

Xhan

Xhan

The SEGA press release says the AvP title is first.

wjkoemar

wjkoemar

...."SEGA continues to create masterful games based on our Aliens franchise and this new addition is sure to continue their successful track record," said Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President, New Media for Fox L&M.  In the same breath, Sega also noted that it has "strategically updated" the release of the other Aliens titles currently in development, alluding that Gearbox's eagerly awaiting Aliens: Colonial Marines will most likely get bumped back in terms of its current tentative release date of Q2 2009. No mention of specific platforms were made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed