The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,191 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

You're kidding right? 80s Nostalgia has been riding high for years.

The problem is, they have not been putting out the stops to get this thing exciting people, and that first teaser was a horrible, horrible, misstep.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 23, 2018, 02:25:00 PM
You're kidding right? 80s Nostalgia has been riding high for years.

The problem is, they have not been putting out the stops to get this thing exciting people, and that first teaser was a horrible, horrible, misstep.

No i don't, this type of 80's nostalgia regarding a moribund franchise don't fit with our era, the first teaser didn't help at all obviously.

And i set aside Stranger Things, different format, different clientele, this is cinema, movie theater material.

Regarding Halloween trailer success, this is a 70's movie sequel, not 80's.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Funny because the 80s was filled with 50s nostalgia. 

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 24, 2018, 09:04:48 AM
Funny because the 80s was filled with 50s nostalgia. 
It's almost as if there's a 30 year cycle in stuff...

SiL

SiL

Bring on the 1990s nostalgia.

Film grain! Practical effects that are just on the wrong side of the realistic/unrealistic line! Early CG! Clones! Mutants!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jun 24, 2018, 09:38:28 AM

Film grain! Practical effects that are just on the wrong side of the realistic/unrealistic line! Early CG! Clones! Mutants!

The 90s were kinda weird, weren't they?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SiL on Jun 24, 2018, 09:38:28 AM

Shoulder pads, mom jeans, atrocious perms, Lisa Frank accessories, the list goes on.  Those were some interesting times for sure.

Anthony

Anthony

Panel is on Thursday apparently. So that's a no-go for me unfortunately.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

anyone else gonna be at sdcc?

Latin_Hunter

Latin_Hunter

More cool screens for the trailer!  ;D

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't look like they've updated the schedule yet.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

http://www.noreruns.net/2018/07/02/conan-announces-guest-lineup-for-week-of-shows-during-comic-con-international/

QuoteConan O'Brien returns to San Diego for the fourth year in a row with a week of star-filled shows to be taped during Comic-Con® International. This year's roster includes the stars of the of the Emmy-winning sensation Breaking Bad reuniting for the 10 year anniversary of the show, the stars of Glass, The Predator, and the stars of Aquaman, with more to be announced.

CONAN's Comic-Con® International shows will be taped at San Diego's historic Spreckels Theatre on Wednesday, July 18– Saturday, July 21. Episodes will air that Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS, with availability across TBS and Team Coco's digital, mobile and VOD platforms the following day.

The following is the schedule for the week's episodes and guests:

Thursday, July 19 The Cast of The Predator starring Olivia Munn, Keegan-Michael Key, Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Trevante Rhodes, Alfie Allen, Augusto Aguilera, Jake Busey, Yvonne Strahovski and director Shane Black

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

So Thomas Jane will be attending it ? Cool ! I love all the cast but he's always been my favourite.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Brilliant, thanks Tetsujin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed