Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing?

Started by predxeno, Aug 24, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing?

Yes
34 (72.3%)
No
13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing? (Read 5,408 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Milan on Aug 27, 2014, 12:23:58 AM
I like to think that the aliens strive for a hive structure and that the eggmorphing is used for the creation of a queen facehugger. But they were two ppl being turned into eggs so maybe that's how they reproduce untill a queen is born...

No reason both couldn't have been Queens. One can stay dormant and unhatched until the nest needs expanding.

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 27, 2014, 08:28:08 AM
Not necessarily, I remember one of the movie's producers claimed only Brett was turning into an egg and Dallas was only the intended host for Brett's facehugger.

Don't think any such quote was made. Besides, Dallas' legs and such are obviously going through changes and Giger's materials clearly state Brett's simply at a more advanced stage of the same process. It's more likely that Ripley was being saved until last as the intended host to capture. Once the first egg signalled that it was ready, she would have been the priority for abduction.

Also, if Dallas was merely cocooned, he wouldn't have been in such pain that he wanted Ripley to kill him. She'd have extracted him like she did with Newt, decades later.

Besides, we don't know it'd definitely be a facehugger... It could be a fully-formed adult or some horrific combination of everything. If it was a facehuger, it would have been fairly large.

predxeno

Don't think any such quote was made. Besides, Dallas' legs and such are obviously going through changes and Giger's materials clearly state Brett's simply at a more advanced stage of the same change.

Also, if Dallas was merely cocooned, he wouldn't have been in such pain that he wanted Ripley to kill him. She'd have extracted him like she did with Newt, decades later.

Besides, we don't know it'd definitely be a facehugger... It could be a fully-formed adult or some horrific combination of everything. If it was a facehuger, it would have been fairly large.

It definitely was, I think it was in one of the commentary tracks; that's why I remembered it.

Xenomorphine

I'd be very curious, if so. Unless it was Ridley Scott, who's been getting a bit... Unfocused. Giger's stuff has notes of Dallas turning into exactly the same as Brett was and it makes no sense for him to ask to die if he's just pasted against the wall. Even the novel, based on the script, makes it clear of the intent to show Dallas having something growing inside.

SM

Ridley's take on this sort of thing is open to change.  When he describes it these days it's within the context of later films.

Kel G 426

So I'm guessing now that egg morphing is heavily implied?  Since we see a hive and numerous eggs but no queen?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 10, 2014, 12:43:02 PMSo I'm guessing now that egg morphing is heavily implied?  Since we see a hive and numerous eggs but no queen?

Not really. A Queen is just as plausible.

i.e. We never see explicit evidence of either.

Samus007

For me, I'm going with this theory. Anersadora crew member brings Alien on board Sevestapol station via her tummy. Chestburster grows into the Alien. Alien captures a few people, eggmorphs them, one of those gives birth to the Queen. She grows up, lays the eggs we all know and love, and is never once seen in the game.

And I like to think that the queen was there, and that they didn't show her as to save that big reveal for Cameron's Aliens film. Meaning, lets say Isolation was a movie, for arguments sake, it could be watched right after Scott's film and before Cameron's.

That's how I like to look at it anyway.

esz

I want them to do ANYTHING creative with the Alien. Surprise us, show something new and disturbing. Show how they build their nests. Show another phase of their evolution. ANYTHING. At this point the Alien is just too familiar and predictable (as a fictional character).

HuDaFuK

The Alien in the game is anything but familiar and predictable.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 10, 2014, 12:45:31 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 10, 2014, 12:43:02 PMSo I'm guessing now that egg morphing is heavily implied?  Since we see a hive and numerous eggs but no queen?

Why is a Queen just as plausible when there's only one Alien? :p It is infinitely more plausible and much easier to use eggmorphing, but the writers of this game apparently were worried too much about confusion, or just lacked the balls to do it. Them not having evidence of either just sort of implies that they threw their hands up and said "f**k it! :V"

Ironically, it would seem their worry over confusion of eggmorphing just created a huge plothole and more confusion.

Nightlord

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Nov 11, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

Why is a Queen just as plausible when there's only one Alien? :p
What?
Spoiler
There's a load of aliens, at least seven appear if you count the group shot towards the end and the guy you get rid of.
[close]

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 11, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

What?
Spoiler
There's a load of aliens, at least seven appear if you count the group shot towards the end and the guy you get rid of.
[close]

:p That's not what I meant. I meant how did it go from
Spoiler
only one alien to being a hive with multiple aliens? How did this mystery queen appear?
[close]

I've yet to see a logical (even if not present in-game)explanation to how this happened.
EDIT: The devs also stated that they would not feature eggmorphing in their game.

Kel G 426

Another question is why weren't those other aliens running around earlier?  Why was it just the one?

Xenomrph

That's kind of a shame.

Nightlord

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Nov 11, 2014, 09:56:20 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 11, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

What?
Spoiler
[close]

:p That's not what I meant. I meant how did it go from
Spoiler
only one alien to being a hive with multiple aliens? How did this mystery queen appear?
[close]
An alien morphed into one, or if you want to go the royal facehugger route then the first alien made one of those.

Just because the source of the eggs isn't shown doesn't mean there's a problem, there's no source for the eggs in Alien within the context of just that movie either.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 12, 2014, 03:50:23 AM
Another question is why weren't those other aliens running around earlier?  Why was it just the one?

Busy creating the hive perhaps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed