Hiya Toys

Started by Skulexander, Apr 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Author
Hiya Toys (Read 63,425 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 18, 2014, 02:44:08 AM
I asked on their Facebook page if they had plans for more Colonial Marines figures, and they confirmed that they do. :)

Do you mind asking if they plan to jump on over to the Predator series? I think Hiya Toys could make excellent Predators. These Aliens all look wonderful. Considering getting a few myself.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll ask them, but right now they're working with the "Aliens: Colonial Marines" license so it doesn't seem likely.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 16, 2014, 09:40:49 AM
I'll ask them, but right now they're working with the "Aliens: Colonial Marines" license so it doesn't seem likely.

You may not have to. I saw on their Facebook page, that people are already asking for Predators quite frequently. Hiya Toys has responded with "not yet". But they also said they're pursuing more licenses step by step.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see 3.75"-scale Predators from them.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 18, 2014, 05:52:44 AM

Me too, I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet, properly at least. I'm hoping Hiya Toys will secure the license in the next year.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Time for a bump.

Hiya Toys showed a Raven and Crusher Alien prototypes that will be added to their Colonial Marines line.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 18, 2014, 05:51:00 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 18, 2014, 05:52:44 AM

Me too, I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet, properly at least. I'm hoping Hiya Toys will secure the license in the next year.
Hiya Toys mentioned in an interview with Pixel Dan a couple days ago that yes, they've secured the Predator license.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Gotta say, love that they are doing the Colonial Marines stuff. The figures will be much better than the game. Although the human figures look rather plain... Love the Crusher and Raven.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 27, 2016, 01:37:50 AM
Gotta say, love that they are doing the Colonial Marines stuff. The figures will be much better than the game. Although the human figures look rather plain... Love the Crusher and Raven.
It's kind of remarkable how the merchandising for Colonial Marines has been pretty stellar, even several years after the game's release.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 27, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 27, 2016, 01:37:50 AM
It's kind of remarkable how the merchandising for Colonial Marines has been pretty stellar, even several years after the game's release.
Go figure (did I just make a toy pun?).

Game completely trashes Gearbox, Colonial Marines reputation as a title and is not accepted as canon by anyone and is generally disliked... but give it a little time and use the interesting bits from it and *tada* rekindled interest and sales. Again, I would rather NECA and I am sure they will in time but these will do nicely for now. Surprised that Square Enix didn't tackle them since they did Spitter and Lurker.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

When I'm able to find the marines I plan on picking these up with some of their xenos. Their APC from SDCC looks sick.
If only the HT snap kits werent so damn expensive, I'd pick them up to use with these guys.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The Hiya Toys APC just went up for preorder on Big Bad Toy Store. It's $250 which is pretty damn expensive, but it also looks completely incredible. It's got working interior and exterior lights, and it seats a dozen Marines.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Time for another bump. They've shown at this years New York Toy Fair that they're expanding beyond the Aliens: Colonial Marines license. Some Predator figures are in the works.

Full set of photos: http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-hiya-toys-aliens-predator-figures-241644#images

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I remember them announcing that at an earlier show last year, nice to see they've got some prototypes now.

Also their Raven and Crusher from Colonial Marines are up for preorder on BBTS, I think they both look pretty neat.

Sol

Sol

http://i.imgur.com/HDlktXW.jpg

All four are up for pre-order at the usual sites, including their own official site. The rest of the Los Angeles Hunting Party has been confirmed, as well.

Like their ALIENS figures, these are 1/18th scale, the same as the G.I. Joe: Real American Hero line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed