Can someone please tell ne what that is ?

Started by dkwookie, Mar 26, 2021, 11:32:51 PM

Author
Can someone please tell ne what that is ? (Read 5,052 times)

dkwookie

Harness disguised as a limb?

SiL

SiL

Its leg. It's balancing on its tail/standing on the landing leg -- the legs are out behind it, bent at the knee. That area is its calf/ankle/foot.

dkwookie

dkwookie

I dont think its a leg, when it drops its in Christ crucifixion pose. It's legs wouldn't be anywhere near there, even if its legs were bent

Its a huge crucial moment, First time we see the xeno and those unknown appendages shuddering when he stops his descent are critical. They are not his arms or legs

Huggs

It's a weenie.

dkwookie

I think the harness that lowered Bolaji had extra limbs built for that scene to make the alien look even more unhuman

SiL

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 26, 2021, 11:39:43 PM
I dont think its a leg, when it drops its in Christ crucifixion pose. It's legs wouldn't be anywhere near there, even if its legs were bent

The Alien's feet are on the landing gear. The torso dips lower, so the feet stay higher in the frame.

dkwookie

Ok so where us the appendage in the film? Look at it, it's clearly not a leg or arm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pFkGFIfK8A

SiL

You have the answer. It's the Alien's leg, standing on the landing gear. The angle makes it look weird, but that's all it is.

No special multi-limb rig was made for the scene. The only change to the suit was mounting the tail to the front rather than between the legs.

dkwookie

dkwookie

Its not the leg. Watch the motion of it. If I dropped down and pushed my leg on something my knee and leg moves down. In the scene it moves up

Your knee braced against the surface means your leg moves down

Huggs

SiL is correct.

You can see both legs already curled up as the camera pans up. The body tilts down, with the backs of the legs and ankles staying nearly still and thus becoming visible. It doesn't mean anything, it's just the way it was filmed.

dkwookie

dkwookie

Ok so tell me how you can brace against a surface on a harness facing down and your legs can protrude backwards like a stork? Play the video again and slow playback down

The 'human' legs' are there in slow mo. Clearly going to brace. Then come 'unkown' apoendages

Stitch

It's the ankle and leg. If you watch the scene, the alien drops like Ethan Hunt, and its feet catch on the bar. The body moves lower so the legs get more vertical. You can see in the scene the both of the legs are there, and they wobble where the end of Bodejo's heels are.
It's like if you were doing incline push-ups and for some reason decided to lower yourself into position from above. Your heels would be above your head, which is what we see here.

Huggs

The actor is tilted slightly to the right side of the screen, so the alien legs are right in view. It's a guy in a rubber suit in 1979. It's just the way it worked out.

I think we might have a Kane's Sum situation here.

SiL

Does the BTS shot I posted very clearly showing the positioning of the Alien and its decidedly normal number of limbs not show or something ???

dkwookie

No, slow it to 0.25 on youtube. Bolajis legs are there but there's no way they could bend back and cone in focus like that. Its not possible. Watch it with fresh eyes and its clear.

I aint a noob guys, I watched Alien First time in 1982

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed