Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 494,032 times)

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2020, 12:36:07 PM
Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 09:50:40 AM
Yes from like the 18th and 19th Century.
Osama bin Laden was buried at sea in the 21st century.

QuoteNot so much in 2122 where the shipmate had died of Alien causes of an unkown origin.
I mean, the film clearly shows otherwise? You can't say the film is wrong for showing a burial at sea in the 22nd century when the film is the one building the universe and it's establishing what is protocol in the 22nd century?

QuoteThat would have been wrapped up and frozen. Someone like Ash would have insisted on it I am sure.
He had the facehugger, the Alien, and his examinations of Kane from medlab. Didn't need the body.

Yes but he was shot by soldiers and fully identified and recorded. He didn't have an unkown organism pop out of him. It's a movie so needs to do things in order for the story and effect. In reality an encounter and death like that would have had the body kept and frozen for later autopsy.

"US officials have given two reasons why a sea burial was chosen. First, that they did not want his grave to become a shrine. Second, that there was no time to negotiate with other countries to arrange a possible burial on land. According to CBS News, Saudi Arabia refused to take the body"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13261680

Kradan

Kradan

I like explanation ADF gives: they considered bringing Kane's body to Earth but just a thought of seeing him like this right after awakening was too much

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 13, 2020, 12:54:21 PM
I like explanation ADF gives: they thought about bringing Kane's body to Earth but just a thought of seeing him like this right after awakening was too much
Now that's a different thing and a good one. It's something you can see Dallas suggesting.

Edit: That is in the Novel? I can't remember it if it is. I will read it again as it was very good and I found it more creepy than the movie.

SiL

SiL

There's also the fact he was exposed to an alien organism and they had no idea what lingering effects it would have on his body. There was no guarantee cryosleep would do anything. He was basically biohazard and they had Ash's data from when he was in medbay.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 12:55:58 PM
I like explanation ADF gives: they thought about bringing Kane's body to Earth but just a thought of seeing him like this right after awakening was too much
Now that's a different thing and a good one. It's something you can see Dallas suggesting.

Edit: That is in the Novel? I can't remember it if it is. I will read it again as it was very good and I found it more creepy than the movie.

IIRC yes

SiL

SiL

Yeah, that sounds familiar.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 13, 2020, 01:01:39 PM
Quote from: S1L on Nov 13, 2020, 12:55:58 PM

IIRC yes
Then that's cool. Dalls style. The book is interesting. The facehugger has the Giger eye on it and I think the Alien has the disc eyes too. And it gets into places having it's body squeeze in like an octopus or jellyfish I think.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2020, 01:01:17 PM
There's also the fact he was exposed to an alien organism and they had no idea what lingering effects it would have on his body. There was no guarantee cryosleep would do anything. He was basically biohazard and they had Ash's data from when he was in medbay.
Yes I agree with you there. And I know bodies are not allowed to be kept on a ship for too long. So something like this would bee seen like you say a  biohazard.

Sil what you said

"The funeral itself seems makeshift. It's unlikely that the bodies of dead crew are required to be catapulted into space (perhaps they are frozen instead, to await autopsy) but the film obviously presents a very extreme circumstance where the bodily remains, having been exposed to alien spore, may be hazardous to keep around."
https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-funeral/

Niko

Niko

It's Aliens for me. Alien is a close second. Those two movies I always keep close to me.
AlienĀ³ kinda fell off, since I read Gibsons comic version of the script and listened to the Audiobook. That's
my head canon now. :D
And Alien Ressurection? I kinda like the Newborn as a movie monster, but other than that it's forgettable.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Just curious? Was ALIENS your "gateway" to the franchise?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Niko on Feb 07, 2021, 05:24:06 PM
It's Aliens for me. Alien is a close second. Those two movies I always keep close to me.
AlienĀ³ kinda fell off, since I read Gibsons comic version of the script and listened to the Audiobook. That's
my head canon now. :D
And Alien Ressurection? I kinda like the Newborn as a movie monster, but other than that it's forgettable.

Yeah, and the Titanic kinda sank!  ;D

Agree on the Gibson script. Though it was far from perfect, it didn't need to be great to replace the original in my head canon.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Alien The Third

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Look, I have no idea what thread to post this thing in, and it doesn't warrant starting a new one, so I'm just going to drop a nice little clip of modern day Finicher actually managing to get the words "Alien 3" out of his mouth. :D

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1359995629456551938

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ugh I get it, but it always sort of saddens me to know he... feels not positively about the film.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just wish he would talk about it... I wish someday he would do a full on interview or discussion about the film and what he really wanted.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They should ask him whether the AC or TC is best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed