NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,872 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 29, 2020, 01:15:47 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2020, 01:01:21 PM
The $60-80 one looks more accurate and has better articulation.

Depends on what you're after, I guess. I'd be more forgiving of the Neca figures if they weren't trying to pass as a specific design.
I'd be more forgiving of the Mafex if it was bigger and didn't come apart every time I move it.
Sounds like I wasn't the only one who got a dud Mafex Alien.

It's a shame because I've got other Mafex figures and they're fantastic.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 01, 2020, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 29, 2020, 01:15:47 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2020, 01:01:21 PM
The $60-80 one looks more accurate and has better articulation.

Depends on what you're after, I guess. I'd be more forgiving of the Neca figures if they weren't trying to pass as a specific design.
I'd be more forgiving of the Mafex if it was bigger and didn't come apart every time I move it.
Sounds like I wasn't the only one who got a dud Mafex Alien.

It's a shame because I've got other Mafex figures and they're fantastic.

Yeah, I actually bought 2, and one was good, one was bad... I've also had some really nice Mafex figures, but some of the older ones fall apart like crazy also, not sure what happened with the Alien...
The good one is decent, can come apart, but not easily. The bad one comes apart by looking at it, you cannot move anything without the entire body crumbling apart (waste, both legs, all tubes on back, head, EVERYTHING).

Predalien91

Predalien91

Don't know if this holds any truth. So I've seen or heard the Ultimate Big Chap is in select Targets right now, but is delayed for several other places and is facing delays because of the Corona Virus?

I ordered mine on BBTS.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The shipments that have hit certain Targets were basically flukes that managed to clear the ports before the virus started delaying everything. Not even the NECA eBay or Amazons stores have gotten their stock yet.

Dingbat

Dingbat

I've got a question about the figures, does using masking tape on them make the paint come off? I'm trying to find a way to animate one with stopmotion and I can't figure out how to hold it in place given that it's quite stiff.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

You should be fine if you haven't repainted them.
Wall tac also works pretty well, I used it to hold my queen up before getting her a base.

Dingbat

Dingbat

Thanks, that's great to hear, I'd hate to damage my boi in any way.

dHunter333

dHunter333

So here he is...the Ultimate Big Chap. I stumbled upon 2 at a Target. I had wanted 4 of them since they were announced, so I went to another Target...and another and another and found 2 more.

Here he is out of the package.

His dome has a ridged skull underneath, it looks great!

Here's the Alien egg next to the Aliens egg.

Here's the Alien Facehugger next to the Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien Covenant face huggers.

Here's the Alien Chestburster with the Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien Covenant versions.

Here he is next to the original Big Chap.
Differences are top part of head, arms (barely), and the legs/knees.
Articulation is perhaps great, but mostly the same.

My entire Big Chap collection.

My YouTube review on him.

And...Kenner Drake and Rhino are officially on the Neca calendar for April 14th.
http://necaonline.com/events/2020-04/

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Thanks, always look forward to your reviews. And thanks for the heads up about the Kenner guys.

Predalien91

Predalien91

I'm gonna hold out till mine gets mailed out. I like how you called it the Covid19 Alien in your review. When this ends I will always remember it as the one that got held up because of the Virus. I ordered mine from BBTS.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Bit of a lurker, don't post too much, never posted pics.  Tried my hand at taking a couple w/ my new LED display lights.  This was fun, enjoy!

No filter, just my display light:

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Wow, that looks really nice. Making dioramas and photos of our figures is so much fun!

Master

Master

I'm currently working on my Batman vs Predator/ Batman Dead End  alley Diorama.  It is fitted for Detolf  cabinet. I have both side walls ready and currently working on background  piece.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 02, 2020, 12:59:56 PM
Wow, that looks really nice. Making dioramas and photos of our figures is so much fun!
I totally agree. I am working on a diorama based on the hived atmosphere processor in Aliens - with lights as part of it. I am planning on fire lighting from (off camera) flickering candle LED lights - looking forward to seeing the results.
I will post some pics soon (I hope)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Picked up the ultimate Big Chap today while at Target. It's a step up from the original so I'm happy I grabbed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed