Official Master Server Patch Website

Started by x-M-x, Mar 02, 2015, 12:15:43 AM

Author
Official Master Server Patch Website (Read 15,896 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Hey guys! - Today we see the 'Launch' of the official Master Server Patch Website (MSP)

So if your new to avp2 and want to download the latest map/patches and of course the 'Master Server Patch'

Then Simply visit.

http://www.avpunknown.com/avp2master/ - Everything all in one place.

Now get this 'link' out there and keep AvP2 - Alive!

- Happy hunting
x-M-x

Xhan

Xhan

Signal boosting

x-M-x

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 02, 2015, 01:40:53 AM
Signal boosting

Totally agree xhan!  :laugh:

DT

DT

Just wait for the 2.1 patch. It'll come soon.. err, sometimes within near future. Just give it some time. ^^ Its going to be worth it. And for people who literally want to get rid of cheaters, theres an option to put a high crc checking on so no one can use any skins/mods/huds/anything like that.. Or atleast so I've heard.

KingKenny

Quote from: DT on Mar 02, 2015, 04:02:10 AM
Just wait for the 2.1 patch. It'll come soon.. err, sometimes within near future. Just give it some time. ^^ Its going to be worth it. And for people who literally want to get rid of cheaters, theres an option to put a high crc checking on so no one can use any skins/mods/huds/anything like that.. Or atleast so I've heard.

I'm definitely not a fan of disabling skins and other client side mods. Hopefully most server owners won't enable that. Just because a few players use cheat skins, that shouldn't spoil everything for everyone.

Corporal Hicks

When the more recent A5 news dies down in a day or 2, I'll slap this up on the front page.

x-M-x

Worth it? high crc checking should only be for server mods... not a patch... (people will abuse that via the patch no doubt)

Quote from: KingKenny on Mar 02, 2015, 05:47:37 AM

I'm definitely not a fan of disabling skins and other client side mods. Hopefully most server owners won't enable that. Just because a few players use cheat skins, that shouldn't spoil everything for everyone.

Exactly.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 09:55:14 AM
When the more recent A5 news dies down in a day or 2, I'll slap this up on the front page.

Thank's

Jegeren

Skins can be used as cheats?  How so? I haven't played AVP 2 in a while but shouldn't the server already detect your game resources to see if everything checks out? Anyways if you guys are releasing a new server patch I might actually try AVP 2 MP out. It's been years since I last played it.

Xhan

Xhan

The lighting model for maps and models are separate and using a negative or fullbright skins for your enemy guarantees you can shoot off someone's face literally across a map.

Corporal Hicks

I've posted it on the front page (and it'll post across to Facebook/Twitter too) for you.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Jegeren on Mar 03, 2015, 09:54:12 PM
Skins can be used as cheats?  How so? I haven't played AVP 2 in a while but shouldn't the server already detect your game resources to see if everything checks out? Anyways if you guys are releasing a new server patch I might actually try AVP 2 MP out. It's been years since I last played it.

'Colour' skins BRIGHT RED ALIEN WHITE ALIENS etc... on dark maps....

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 04, 2015, 12:37:44 AM
The lighting model for maps and models are separate and using a negative or fullbright skins for your enemy guarantees you can shoot off someone's face literally across a map.

I'll actually be surprised people will still try and use 'cheat skins' for a 14 year old game...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 04, 2015, 08:52:38 AM
I've posted it on the front page (and it'll post across to Facebook/Twitter too) for you.

Thank's Hicks!!! this should get more people back into the classic AVP2 !

DT

DT

Unfortunately there are still a few who use skins like that. This should get rid of those when needed for some special servers who want to make sure they are playing a clean game. It should be possible to allow HUD skins and get rid of everything else at the same time for those special ones. And yeah, most servers work like they used to in the future, I think. Its up to the fellas running the servers.

Vrastal

so actually a new patch or just new site?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 04, 2015, 06:24:11 PM
so actually a new patch or just new site?

New site.

new patch is coming soon 2.1

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Niiiiiice. Looks like I'll have to pull out my old copy. 8)

I sure wish AVP2 Gold would get released on GoG and Steam. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed