Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,219 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

I haven't played infestation due to lacking a DS.
But there ya go, one of the Alien's deadliest traits/defenses is always played off. They need to make them challenging to fight alone, and a nightmare in numbers.

Bio Mech Hunter

I know. It's really frustrating. And stupid. It's f**king highly concentrated molecular acid for crying out loud. We've seen what it does to solid materials, alloys, and organic tissue alike, and it is NOT pretty.

Chris!(($$))!

Judging from the gameplay they haven't started any gore development. If you watch closely when the Crusher smashes the one Marine, you can only hear sounds of crushing but it you look at the model of the Marine you can see he's completely intact. I would also like to see acid truly eat away when its splashed on uncovered skin.

SM

SM

Should corrode covered skin too.

Cap. Fitzgerald

should corrode the living hell out of everything.
I wonder when they'll take that last leap and have the enviornment be destructible and let the acid burn through it.
Could provide interesting shortcuts and paths.

SM

SM

Be good if that did happen.  Though wouldn't that be amazingly difficult to program?  The environment would have to be very open (ie. if the floor in front of you is corroded away to nothing, then you have to find another way round, which would mean you'd need to be able to open (via the cutter or otherwise) each and every any door and vent.)  Sounds like a mammoth task to create.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Not each and any, some could be too thick for the acid to eat through so that'd be a stop point.
It would be a mammoth and difficult thing to do, but it'd be worth it.

SM

SM

One short spurt of acid ate through 2 decks of a starship.  of course that'd be easy to navigate around, but if you use a short burst of fire to waste an Alien, I dunno if there's going to be many things that have a stop point.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Point taken.
I'd still like to see what they come up with

SM

SM

Indeed.

Could simply be that if the acid eats away your path - you're proper f**ked.

PsyKore

I think a game with movie-realistic acid would be entirely frustrating and piss players off beyond belief. It's interesting to think from an architectural view how it could work using physics and an open world, but gameplay-wise players would be constantly dying, reloading, dying, reloading, arms burn off, reloading, head melts away, repeat, repeat.

Acid does need to hurt and be enough of a deterrent, but there has to be limits.

SpaceMarines

Difficulty settings.

Bio Mech Hunter

Sacrifices to authenticity and canon for the sake of gameplay and balance is ultimately needed simply because this is a video game based on an existing franchise, but sometimes (or should I say, most of the time) the line is crossed and stupid decisions are made to sacrifice authenticity in ways that are unnecessary. Or stupid.

SM

SM

It's a game, and interactivity is paramount.  Authenticity should be sacrificed for gameplay.  To a point.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 26, 2011, 04:45:15 PM
Sacrifices to authenticity and canon for the sake of gameplay and balance is ultimately needed simply because this is a video game based on an existing franchise, but sometimes (or should I say, most of the time) the line is crossed and stupid decisions are made to sacrifice authenticity in ways that are unnecessary. Or stupid.

I agree, in most games the acid damage is laughable. And even on hard settings you could pretty much shower in it and it wouldn't slow you down. This definitely needs to be remedied. Difficulty levels are the key here: they need to provide a balance for casual fans and hardcore fans. Developers need to make the hard settings be more authentic to the movies while the easy and normal levels would remain more forgiving.

It would be great, too, on hard levels if acid damage had varying crippling affects on the player depending on where it hit you, provided it didn't outright kill you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed