Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 58,769 times)

Wysps

Thanks, molasar!

Quote from: felix on Feb 18, 2020, 03:43:46 AM
I apologise, but it isn't that a waste of money? For me its trade paperback collections all the way. It's easier to shelf and keep track that way.

When I used to read a lot, I would purchase the single issues - but that's when I cared about having them for possible collection purposes.  However, priorities have changed since then and these days I don't have the space nor organization to hold on to single issues.  So I prefer to wait for the trade or go digital if I simply can't wait  :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Had to read this digitally because my local comic book store was closed... and I hate reading a book like this digitally... but I found issue #2 to be very, very good.

I'm going to re-read this again before I make my comments, but I will say this for now that it is nice to finally know....

Spoiler
Detective Schaefer's first name!
[close]

426Buddy

I too caved and bought the digital copy...

However it was another excellent issue. Really digging the whole thing from story to art.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2020, 08:24:51 PM
Spoiler
Detective Schaefer's first name!
[close]

Say it ain't so!

What is it?

Voodoo Magic

Great issue. I love that most of it is just bar conversation allowing the reader to delve into these characters and see their relationships and how they interact. It's setting up the issues to come and it's all very cinematic. The sprinkled in witty lines were also actually witty versus corny, which is so rare. One even made me chuckle out loud. And I like the drug dealer past with Raphael not just being brushed aside here.

Spoiler
I think this might be a young blood situation versus a bad blood. We'll have to wait to see how this relationship between the two Predators pan out. I also enjoyed the King Willie kill callback.
[close]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 18, 2020, 11:44:03 PM
I too caved and bought the digital copy...

However it was another excellent issue. Really digging the whole thing from story to art.

Definitely!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2020, 10:39:14 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2020, 08:24:51 PM
Spoiler
Detective Schaefer's first name!
[close]

Say it ain't so!

What is it?

Spoiler
John!
[close]

JokersWarPig

My local is still open but with altered hours of operation so I was able to grab a physical copy thankfully

SuperiorIronman

Had to cave and go digital. While our county only has one coronavirus case confirmed we heard some rumors from friends they know who it is and they live near the shop. Guess walk-ins are out the window for the time being. When this blows over I guess I'll have the physicals waiting for me.

I liked it well enough. Kind of hard to believe it's taken all this time just to learn his first name though. 

Voodoo Magic

Indeed. Kind of anticlimactic now that we know.  :D

This is one of those issues that you can tell Warner is writing these Hunter stories like a film versus individual issues, and we just watched another chunk of the movie.

Kradan

Spoiler
Cool reference to King Willie
[close]

Xiggz456

Wow that was a really good issue!

Spoiler
Schaefer and Ligachev are back! 
[close]

Chris Warner and Brian Thies are doing such a great job on this one. If the story keeps up than this will be even better than Hunters 2 (which IMO was better than Hunters 1). Can't wait for issue 3!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 20, 2020, 08:35:50 PM
Wow that was a really good issue!

Spoiler
Schaefer and Ligachev are back! 
[close]

Chris Warner and Brian Thies are doing such a great job on this one. If the story keeps up than this will be even better than Hunters 2 (which IMO was better than Hunters 1). Can't wait for issue 3!

Yep, I found Hunters 2 better than Hunters 1 too!

426Buddy

Same here

Hunters I was good but Hunters II was f*cking awesome.

Hunters III is on track to be even better. Really digging the dynamic between the two preds, i'm crazy interested to see where that goes.

Corporal Hicks

I agree. But Hunters 1 was still very much required and still excellent in its own right. I still stand by what I said in my review of it - it's like a pilot episode.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its top teir for predator comics for sure.

I also re-read Predator L&D recently and enjoyed it more thsn the first time. Thies has some pretty sweet panels in that series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed