AvP Trailer Finally Online

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2004, 10:01:30 PM

Author
AvP Trailer Finally Online (Read 37,940 times)

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

Interesting, Darkness you two may be right. However I looked everywhere and I noticed that 1904 is only mentioned superficially in articles and reports about AVP, like the one you quoted Darkness It could be a rumour or gossip who knows? I just don't see why Paul Anderson would go against what he said.

Cetanu

Cetanu

According to the timeline in the film, Paul Anderson said the attack on the Whaling Station is the first scene. However, he constantly keeps reitterating of how much he wants to hold true to the style of the first two Alien films and the first Predator. In all those movies, you never caught a full glimpse of the creature into well into the film, to help enhance the fear and build - up. In that scene under debate, if it is indeed the Whaling Station with the guy backing away, then we've already seen a Predator right at the beginning completely contradicting all that Paul has said. Also, what in the world would cause a Predator to attack a Whaling Station? That kind of defies all logic dont you think...

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

What we are goin to see is maybe just a glimpse of tha pred, just hi hand or parts of his body but not that much. For tha whaling station thing, we dont know anything on this so I say that we dont start arguing on it. we ll see in the movie whats are the pred motive for the atk. but for now, we could say too many things on it. Anyway, the movie will give so many answers to all of our deepest questions. Not all but alot.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Thanks guys for helping me prove my 1904 point!

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

We shall see if you are right Pvt Hudson, we shall see. I am undecided on the matter myself and think it is very strange.Time will tell sooner or later, Time will tell as Hell Alien rightly says.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

But about the 1904 thing, if they say it in the mags and articles, there is alot o chance that it will be. I saw the articles and even if they are just slightly saying it, its there no doubt. So..., 1904 seems good to me. Hey Hudson, good call on this one man. You were the first to say it but I wanted to verify the thing before saying anything. But seem like its 1904 in Hell!!   ;D     8)  

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

Ok, I have looked and only a few articles mention any actual details about the 1904 'incident'. I think it is likely that a 1904 scene will occur but because of the lack of detail (e.g. http://www.cylon.org/films/avp-01.html- "This introduces the credits which leads towards an undefinied scene at a Whaling station within the Arctic Circle in 1904"), I don't know any details to why there is a scene. Also just because the predators appear in 1904 does not mean they are coming for the 1,000 year ritual. It could be some other matter to do with humans not aliens. So Paul Anderson may not go against his words. If indeed when the film comes, you are correct Hell Alien and Prv Hudson about 1904, then I stand corrected however the scene as I said may not break the 1,000 year rule.

PredFan

PredFan

Are you out the Kris Trickmaster   :-\  

Variable

Variable

I think it is inevitable for there to be a 1904 sceen. Where else will the flashbacks come from?

Hypnoz

Hypnoz

OK obviously you guy's aren't THAT observant. The Big self-destruct thing at the end of the trailer, that's also a flashback. Why and how do i know? It is because look at the SKY! Yes, the SKY. If they were 1000 ft below ice you wouldnt see a red and black sky like that. So obviously someone tells them what happened before.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I thought the whaling station is in the same area as the pyramid so if the pred are going to the pyramid they may as well take a few human skull tropheys since there right there.Also I thought the explosion we see at the whaling station takes place in the present time not back in 1904, I thought thats the scene they talked about in the features or interviews were the explosion occurs and a pred just gazzes at it like a reptile would.Yopu may be right though Hypnoz but we'll see

Lurker

Lurker

SPOILERS??  I think that the 'splosion happens in 1904 because in the brief clips that we see the 2004 expedition walking through the whaling station,  the buildings are dilapitated (sic?).   Whereas, just as the building is going boom, the buildings are relatively intact.  Probably the results of the Preds clearing out the whalers out of their ritual area in 1904.

predmike

predmike

;D   wuz up i agree with luker about the 1904 thing but we will all see in august and i am sure we will see another trailer or some tv spots

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed