Alien Life Cycle

Started by Vader the White, Mar 02, 2007, 02:26:18 AM

Author
Alien Life Cycle (Read 2,507 times)

Vader the White

Vader the White

Well, this is my first post here. Cool. Anyway, I wanted to post something I designed, a xenomorph life cycle:

I created this when bored at school. I recreated this verson on paint.

SM

SM

Can't say that I buy the whole 'super egg' or 'royal jelly' nonsense, but as first posts go - not bad.

Welcome.  :)

Vader the White

Vader the White

The superegg was made around Aliens and caused the facehugger that caused the mess in Alien3. And I read royal jelly somewhere, since xenomorphs are very much like bee hives.

SM

SM

The Alien3 egg and hugger look just like every other egg and hugger.  And royal jelly is a concoction of Dark Horse Comics, taking, IMO, the insect analogy a little too far.

Vader the White

Vader the White

I was talking about the assembly cut's hugger looking different and being able to impegnate 2 hosts.
The egg looked the same according to my memory.

SM

SM

If you take the assembly cut into account, then the hugger Murphy holds up didn't impregnate 2 hosts.  It's quite different to the one in the titles - ergo there were two huggers in that version of the film.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2007, 11:23:15 PM
If you take the assembly cut into account, then the hugger Murphy holds up didn't impregnate 2 hosts.  It's quite different to the one in the titles - ergo there were two huggers in that version of the film.

That is what I always thought. There may have actually been two eggs too. We only saw one egg, but who is to say for sure that there were not two?

Extroheal

Extroheal

I consider the theatrical version of Alien 3 to be canon. I believe there was only one egg because the chances of two eggs somehow getting to the Sulaco is near-impossible. I don't think a facehugger than can impregnate two hosts is anything unusual. I don't believe in the whole royal jelly idea from the comics and novels. I don't think drones can turn into queens. A super-egg was only seen in AvP Extinction.

The diagram does not include the fact that at least some drones have the ability to mutate their prey into eggs. In one of his commentaries, Ridley Scott said that he believed the egg would contain a queen facehugger although I can't confirm this since it's only available in Region 1.

There is also the 'emergency egg' theory which says that a Queen is able to lay some kind of proto-egg without her egg sack. The proto-egg grows much more slowly than a regular egg which comes out fully formed and it may be smaller and not as long-lived.

Some of the games also feature Praetorians but they contradict each other on how they are created.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Extroheal on Mar 23, 2007, 08:25:00 AM
I consider the theatrical version of Alien 3 to be canon. I believe there was only one egg because the chances of two eggs somehow getting to the Sulaco is near-impossible. I don't think a facehugger than can impregnate two hosts is anything unusual. I don't believe in the whole royal jelly idea from the comics and novels. I don't think drones can turn into queens. A super-egg was only seen in AvP Extinction.

The diagram does not include the fact that at least some drones have the ability to mutate their prey into eggs. In one of his commentaries, Ridley Scott said that he believed the egg would contain a queen facehugger although I can't confirm this since it's only available in Region 1.

There is also the 'emergency egg' theory which says that a Queen is able to lay some kind of proto-egg without her egg sack. The proto-egg grows much more slowly than a regular egg which comes out fully formed and it may be smaller and not as long-lived.

Some of the games also feature Praetorians but they contradict each other on how they are created.

I didn't and still don't completely belive that the prey egg theroy is true. This is an old post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed