First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 102,779 times)

Vile

Vile

They look like soilder predators to me! Maybe they are the organized militarized version of this alien super race were the others were just sport seekers .

Sabres21768

I can almost see how this whole thing went...

SHANE: "I want to get back to the roots of what made PREDATOR such a bad-ass movie guys!"
EVERYBODY: "Hell yeah!  Shane Black man, he gets it!  He was in the first Predator movie!"
SHANE: "That's right, I'm going to make the best Predator movie since the first one. It's gonna be AWESOME!"
EVERYBODY: "That's right man, Shane Black...doing a righteous Predator sequel...FINALLY!"
SHANE: "Yep, you know it.  Now, I'm gonna want lots of Predators in this...helping humans."
EVERYBODY: "Uh...YEAH!  Shane Black...gettin' his Predator groove on!"
SHANE: "S'right! I'm gonna need a kid too. Make him "special" so he can decode Predator languages and stuff...because...you know...kids."
EVERYBODY: "Shane...Black...gonna' do Predator...right...yeah."
SHANE: "Yessir...I'm also gonna need that chick from Attack Of The Show...because, you know...boobs."
EVERYBODY: "Ummm....Shane Black...Predator?"
SHANE: "Then, I want mutant Predators...lots of 'em."
EVERYBODY: "Sha...huh?"
SHANE: "Yeah, mutant Preds...I'm thinking Spider Preds!"
EVERYBODY: "Wait...what?"
SHANE: "Predator driving tanks...bad ass!"
EVERYBODY: "......."
ARNOLD: "I'm out...I won't be back."

cliffhanger

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 17, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

this for the win.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Doomofman on May 16, 2017, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 16, 2017, 07:25:00 PM
What's strange is that they're shooting this during the day? In the script the scene takes place at night.

Rehearsals maybe? I hope they aren't trying to do day for night shooting, god that always looks awful

von

von

Yea
Quote from: gantarat on May 17, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Quote from: Master on May 17, 2017, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: ThePredatorUK on May 17, 2017, 12:49:08 PM
Not sure about the mask, possibly designed by the military? Classic tribal masks have and always will be the best! How many Preds are in this movie?

Spoiler
Three classics, one super hybrids predator and many hybrid monsters
[close]

So this is AvP movie without Alien ?

Yeah, a movie about Predators

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: zoidy on May 16, 2017, 08:44:33 PM
Ha ha ha ha.

Sorry.

Incidentally, what would the reaction have been if Ridley had started filming an Alien film with Aliens helping humans? I think it's hilarious.

Then again, I'm no particular fan of the Predator movies other than the original.

AVP was, of course, an abomination ...  ;D

Even ignoring AVP each Pred movie has built on the last as far as Pred/Human interaction goes.

In Predator we see the thing see AHNULD as a worthy adversary and kills itself
In Predator 2 we see the Elder give Danny Glover the gun
In Predators a Pred reluctantly helps Royce because they have a mutual adversary in the other Preds (thus showing that, like us, they don't all get along)

For all intents and purposes Predators are "people" too. They're individuals, members of a species, not some hive mind hellbent on simply scouring the galaxy and hunting all the things.

Plus this movie sounds ridiculous as all hell and I've never been one to take the Pred movies seriously anyways. The nuttier, the better. I've enjoyed all three, the first technically being the best but Pred 2 is far and away my favorite. Predators is fine, treads on the first too closely which is its biggest problem (and the pacing gets all kinds of wonky post-Noland). Dug the hunting reserve concept though.

Sour creampuffs

Sour creampuffs

Absolutely agreed!!! So rare to see some one talk positively about this movie...I thought I was the only one who was fine with the Preds working with humans, now I'd prefer them to be hunting them instead, but i'm all for  a Pred-human team-up provided there's a good reason or doing so... from what I know of the leaked script(or somewhere else, I cant remember properly XD) They're teaming up because of a super big/mutated Pred? in which case is a pretty good reason for me. Maybe it has healing abilities, that's why it's so tough to beat?

And on another note, how come it seems a shitload of people chose to read the leaked script...Won't it be more fun finding through watching the movie instead...And another note, I might be one of the few 10 or 20 people who are excited for this movie XD probably because I reaaally loved The Nice Guys XD

DaddyYautja

Quote from: MH on May 16, 2017, 06:47:02 PM

Looks like Shane and Ridley came together and made a bet of who could add the most ridiculous lore elements to each franchise.

I think Shane won.

Doomofman

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 17, 2017, 04:31:19 PM
Quote from: zoidy on May 16, 2017, 08:44:33 PM
Ha ha ha ha.

Sorry.

Incidentally, what would the reaction have been if Ridley had started filming an Alien film with Aliens helping humans? I think it's hilarious.

Then again, I'm no particular fan of the Predator movies other than the original.

AVP was, of course, an abomination ...  ;D

Even ignoring AVP each Pred movie has built on the last as far as Pred/Human interaction goes.

In Predator we see the thing see AHNULD as a worthy adversary and kills itself
In Predator 2 we see the Elder give Danny Glover the gun
In Predators a Pred reluctantly helps Royce because they have a mutual adversary in the other Preds (thus showing that, like us, they don't all get along)

For all intents and purposes Predators are "people" too. They're individuals, members of a species, not some hive mind hellbent on simply scouring the galaxy and hunting all the things.

Plus this movie sounds ridiculous as all hell and I've never been one to take the Pred movies seriously anyways. The nuttier, the better. I've enjoyed all three, the first technically being the best but Pred 2 is far and away my favorite. Predators is fine, treads on the first too closely which is its biggest problem (and the pacing gets all kinds of wonky post-Noland). Dug the hunting reserve concept though.

*in posh English accent* Here here...  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master on May 16, 2017, 04:10:07 PM
Honestly, I don't understand problems with P2.
Because there aren't

XENOMORPHOSIS

Master

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 17, 2017, 03:45:42 PM
I can almost see how this whole thing went...

SHANE: "I want to get back to the roots of what made PREDATOR such a bad-ass movie guys!"
EVERYBODY: "Hell yeah!  Shane Black man, he gets it!  He was in the first Predator movie!"
SHANE: "That's right, I'm going to make the best Predator movie since the first one. It's gonna be AWESOME!"
EVERYBODY: "That's right man, Shane Black...doing a righteous Predator sequel...FINALLY!"
SHANE: "Yep, you know it.  Now, I'm gonna want lots of Predators in this...helping humans."
EVERYBODY: "Uh...YEAH!  Shane Black...gettin' his Predator groove on!"
SHANE: "S'right! I'm gonna need a kid too. Make him "special" so he can decode Predator languages and stuff...because...you know...kids."
EVERYBODY: "Shane...Black...gonna' do Predator...right...yeah."
SHANE: "Yessir...I'm also gonna need that chick from Attack Of The Show...because, you know...boobs."
EVERYBODY: "Ummm....Shane Black...Predator?"
SHANE: "Then, I want mutant Predators...lots of 'em."
EVERYBODY: "Sha...huh?"
SHANE: "Yeah, mutant Preds...I'm thinking Spider Preds!"
EVERYBODY: "Wait...what?"
SHANE: "Predator driving tanks...bad ass!"
EVERYBODY: "......."

BRAVO! BRAVf**kinO!!! Best summary there is!

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 17, 2017, 06:48:46 PM
Quote from: Master on May 16, 2017, 04:10:07 PM
Honestly, I don't understand problems with P2.
Because there aren't

You're mocking me, don't ya?

JokersWarPig

I don't want to assume this is going to be bad based on behind the scenes stills.
But if it does end up being bad there'll be one bright side, anyone who collects NECA's Predators are going to get a pretty decent selection to choose from once they announce the license.

KiramidHead

I doubt the dancing will be in the movie.

LetsBeReal

LetsBeReal

I don't care how bonkers those photos appear. When Shane Black mentions STRANGER THINGS as inspiration for his PREDATOR, I'm all in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed