Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 75,609 times)

proto leech

Quote from: Himmelblau on Nov 02, 2016, 09:12:15 PM

Love that face under the dome

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 03, 2016, 12:13:03 AM
I'm getting the feeling that the black goo is in fact the synthesized and distilled version/extract/medium of the Xenomorph genome, which the Engineers have been tampering with for ages, trying to control it desperately. But no matter how much they work with it the black goo always find its way back to the Xenomorph's original and primordial shape and form. Always defaults back to the creature we know so well

Hoping for this as well. You want to use the old god blood for advancements but those tentacled horrors will always seep through and take a familiar shape.

AsapJockey

I got a feeling David Injecting himself could lead to the final form, as the tubes in these androids are very reminicent of the tubes on the heads and bodies of the aliens, biomechanical is the key word, what would happen if you inject it to a android? like in the Prometheus comic book ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 03, 2016, 12:13:03 AM
I'm getting the feeling that the black goo is in fact the synthesized and distilled version/extract/medium of the Xenomorph genome, which the Engineers have been tampering with for ages, trying to control it desperately. But no matter how much they work with it the black goo always find its way back to the Xenomorph's original and primordial shape and form. Always defaults back to the creature we know so well.

In other words: the Xenomorph's genetic buildup and entity is dominant yet adaptable on a level not even the Engineers can grasp. Maybe it's the genetic memory? Who knows.

If they go anywhere with it, this is kind of what I'm hoping for too. I honestly don't mind the concept of the black goo being a template for the Aliens as we know them. It also means I'm not too fussed on all these Alien-like creatures as a result of the experimentation and corruption of the accelerant.

BonesawT101

Perhaps David realizes, after all of his experimentation, that he is the missing ingredient in creating the 'perfect organism' and that 'sometimes to create, one must first destroy.'

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 03, 2016, 08:45:21 AM
Perhaps David realizes, after all of his experimentation, that he is the missing ingredient in creating the 'perfect organism' and that 'sometimes to create, one must first destroy.'

No thank you! I really really really hate the idea that David is going to be responsible for the final Alien, the Alien as we know it. I'd like it to remain an ancient creature. This is why I don't mind the idea of the goo being an ancient template that the Engineers stumble upon.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I'm with you Hicks, and I share your dislike for the idea, though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he has some part to play in the Alien's final form. Altough having said that, the Engineers pressure suits in Prometheus were of a biomechanical nature so perhaps David is not going to be utilised as an essential cog in the Alien's biomechanical aesthetic.

TheBATMAN

Having David create the Alien would not make them 'alien'.

Corporal Hicks

It'd really knock them down a peg in my opinion. It work works better that they're this ancient force of destruction.

Necronomicon II

I don't see it transpiring that way, Ridley mentioned a 'when' in regard to the creation of the xeno, so I think if it comes from the primordial ooze and left to evolve on a planet I'd be fine with that.

Infected

The black goo creates creatures that create other creatures like the Deacon.
The humans and the engineers are of the same origin as you could see in Prometheus,
the question then was "who made them"
So we are both made by the ones who made the engineers and us, then the engineers are just like us,
they stole the goo from the creators and try to experiment etc.
They are jealous of us and thats why they tried to wipe us out, they see us as inferior, and it think they want to be the only ones.
So im wondering as for the big bald head statue in the urn room, is in fact an image of the engineer race or is it a image of the real first creator of the engineer race the human race and the xeno/black goo.
Was that creator a humanoid? and is that why the engineers hate us, because we look like the creators and they dont so much.
Is the original creator killed by the black goo or the creatures from it, and are the engineers trying to recreate the creators or trying to control the black goo, or is the black goo the blood of the creator?
Is there an alternate timeline or time travel gonna be inserted, so David is possibly becoming the creator?
Or is the creator and maybe the first human coming from a planet so far away that it took even 2000 years in lightspeed to reach us.
Anyway, the question "who made them" hopefully will be answered, and i hope that they just dont only show some new xeno's and mystery but the new big kahuna, the one who started this all, and we are most likely the last race alive vs the black goo/xeno's

BringbackJonesy!

To be honest, I'm still hopeful that the original ALIEN movie lifeform...which was a tough sonofabitch with acid for blood...turns out to be something that had 'evolved naturally' that way over time, due to some extremely harsh conditions on it's unknown birthplace.

Having disappointingly 'retconned' Giger's fossilized 'spacejocky' skeleton into a tall, bald humanoid strapped/helmeted into a navigation device...I was hoping that Ridley's prequels would still keep the origins of the original 'xenomorph' creature as being of a completely natural, mysterious nature...even though PROMETHEUS kinda hinted that this organism *might* have ended up being the result of some past 'bio-toxin' ('black goo') experimentation by the 'Engineer' race...

(well that's what the movie implies to me at least, seeing as we see a 'xenomorph'-looking carving on the wall of the 'ampule/giant head' room)

Thing is, Ridley initially intended to move away from ALIEN's original 'xenomorph' design I believe, and seemed to be attempting to give us 'different'-looking creatures instead...so I was hoping that the 'black goo' material was actually some kind of 'by-product' substance from the 'xenomorph's world which the 'Engineer's had come across during their past travels - a substance which they gathered in quantity, as it had some 'transformative' properties which were of great interest to them.

However, it seems from early reports that the 'black goo' is affecting parts of the 'Engineer's homeworld in ALIEN:COVENANT...although it remains to be seen if it's actually a 'naturally-occurring' substance on that planet, or not...

Personally, I'm still hoping against hope that the 'black goo' on 'Paradise' turns out to be the contents of some 'urns/'bio-weapons'? which were onboard the 'juggernaut' which 'David' and 'Shaw' took off in...and that David emptied some of them out onto the ground to see what happens, which resulted in the indigenous plantlife forming the deadly 'spores' mentioned in recent reports...

(this would allow for the 'black goo' stuff to remain an 'alien substance' from the 'xenomorph's homeworld, rather than something which originates on the 'Engineer's homeworld itself)

Unfortunately for me, it *may* turn out that the origin of the ALIEN 'xenomorph' will be 'retconned' in ALIEN:COVENANT to be the result of some long past 'transformational' experimentation caused by the 'Engineer' race, using naturally-occurring 'black goo' from their 'Paradise' homeworld...

...and given that Ridley may *still* wish to veer away from giving us the exact same look of the original 'bio-mechanical xenomorph', we could just see similar experimentation by 'David' giving a range of 'different'-looking results - the 'leaked' pics of 'albino'-colored eggs etc. certainly seem to support this notion...

(I'd actually be quite happy with this outcome, as the long-crashed 'derelict'/'juggernaut' eventually seen in ALIEN could just be implied to be carrying an indigenous species from where the 'black goo' substance originated...rather than a creature specifically 'created' by the 'Engineers' through 'experimentation of their own!) 

On the other hand, I could always stick to my preferred view of the ALIEN movie if things don't turn out in a way that I like...and just look on these prequels as being and 'alternative universe' version of events...  ;)

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2016, 09:23:50 AM
It'd really knock them down a peg in my opinion. It work works better that they're this ancient force of destruction.

f**king A. Great Old Ones.

BringbackJonesy!

One last thought -

Although it seemed that the 'black goo' creature variations of PROMETHEUS had a very quick growth rate...that certainly ties in with the near-instantaneous disintegration effects that the 'Engineer' once he drinks that substance from the bowl at the start of the movie...   

bunnyavpg

The thing I find interesting about these pictures, if they do indeed show David's Den, indicate that the planet they landed on did not have a highly advanced civilisation there. David is using parchment and charcoal by the looks of it, the stands for the creatures look like roofing slates and bent metal rods and even the 'forceps' look like they came from a Blacksmith's forge. It seems as though David has had to start from scratch, using primitive tools and materials, so I'm wondering what happened to the Juggernaught and it's comprehensive database that the android could have accessed. If the planet's inhabitants suffered some kind of 'alien attack' (as the other spoiler pics indicate) I should imagine that it happened some time ago. This makes me wonder where David is getting his genetic material from for his experiments and judging by the various shapes and sizes of the 'morphs' on display I would imagine that he's working his way through the planet's indigenous rodents and primates. Those skulls in the bowl would appear to belong to some type of monkey-like creature.

Of course that always leads to what happened to Dr Shaw.....

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 03, 2016, 09:21:11 AM
Having David create the Alien would not make them 'alien'.

Heck, having the engineers create the aliens already makes them not alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed