The Many Saints of Newark (The Sopranos Prequel Film)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jun 29, 2021, 04:31:41 PM

Author
The Many Saints of Newark (The Sopranos Prequel Film) (Read 775 times)

Nightmare Asylum

FINALLY! We have a trailer.

Baron Von Marlon

Rather had a new original series set in that time.
And that way they could've use almost anyone from the Sopranos cast again.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
I revisited The Sopranos' season four premiere, "For All Debts Public and Private," before going to the theater to see The Many Saints of Newark, and I am so glad that I did. Taken together, the two weave together as a sort of tapestry, in some ways very obvious and expected, and in other ways that I honestly never could have seen coming.

The ending of this film, the way it provides context for Dickie Moltisanti's death – one of The Sopranos' biggest mysteries and main sources of debate among fans – and boils it down into a petty squabble over absolutely nothing and relegates Tony himself to a complete non-entity in that particular scheme, is pure David Chase operating right within in that "Made In America" hard-cut-to-black mode. This film's revelation is going to upset some people big time, but you know what? That's the most The Sopranos thing I can possibly imagine and I absolutely loved it.

I loved the whole movie, really, both as a story standing on its own two feet and as a companion to its parent series.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

'The Sopranos': WarnerMedia In Talks With David Chase About HBO Max Prequel Series

https://deadline.com/2021/10/the-sopranos-david-chase-hbo-max-prequel-series-1234859438/

Given where the film left things, this wouldn't shock me at all. That being said, I am very, very fond of the film's anti-climax regarding
Spoiler
Dickie's death and Tony's lack of involvement in how it played out/refusal to take his first steps into that world.
[close]

Wherever Chase goes, though, I will most certainly follow.

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteIn October, you signed a five-year, first-look deal with WarnerMedia. I assume that means you're itching to do other projects soon. Can you tease anything about what might be next?

Well, of course, the movie didn't do well in theaters, but it, like, broke the machine on streaming — it was huge. So now they want me to do another series of Sopranos from the time the movie ends until the time the series begins.

How do you feel about that?

I'm not that anxious to do it.

What are the chances that still happens, even though you have some reservations?

No. I would do one more movie.

Of Sopranos?

Yeah. Because I have an idea for that that I'd like to do. But I don't think they want that.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/the-sopranos-david-chase-tony-ending-the-many-saints-of-newark-1235040185/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed