The Predator in Magazines

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Author
The Predator in Magazines (Read 35,472 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2018, 05:06:22 PM

Don't seem to have come out the greatest.

I like this one, f**king hell Fugitive looks so badass.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 16, 2018, 02:12:54 AM

Looks like the Predator is performing an exorcism.

The power of Christ compels you!

Firestorm

Firestorm

Of all the scenes i have seen so far, this is the one i am looking most forward to.

The thought of getting an up close look at a Predator restrained to a table whilst all the suits and scientists look on as if they have captured a bug in the back yard, only for it to break free and absolutley obliterate near enough everyone in the room is spine tingling :D

I can just imagine the sights and sounds to accompany the proceedings already.

1 more month :D

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Firestorm on Aug 16, 2018, 06:22:44 PM
Of all the scenes i have seen so far, this is the one i am looking most forward to.

The thought of getting an up close look at a Predator restrained to a table whilst all the suits and scientists look on as if they have captured a bug in the back yard, only for it to break free and absolutley obliterate near enough everyone in the room is spine tingling :D

Yeah, quite a high-tech environment for a Predator...clean and sterile.
I'm looking forward to the scenes in the Stargazer lab as well.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Firestorm on Aug 16, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

I'm absolutely on board with you! I have a huge pile of doubts about the movie, but I'm really looking forward to this. It's a totally new scenario from anything that's come before. We get a close and personal look at an unarmed captive predator, we get the emotional tension of seeing all that restrained strength and power and knowing what's about to happen, and then the payoff when he escapes and wreaks havoc. It's the kind of thing I've wanted to see since before I even knew it would be a reality on-screen so yeah, very exciting for me at least!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just buying a digital copy now.

No new pictures but a decent spread on.

Corporal Hicks

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2018, 02:51:33 PM
The SFX article is up in the gallery now

8) 8) 8)

STARBURST Magazine?

yautjapet

yautjapet

"the idea is that a group of rogue Predators on their world is not happy that they've been bested not once but twice – and perhaps more – by humans. They send their champions, and the champions never come home. "This is not sitting well with a group that's particularly contentious and ambitious. So I think they conspire to produce a second Predator, the one you see in the movie, who's basically an assassin. He is bred using traits from other species that they have hunted to be the enforcer, the guy who just gets it done. He has a sort of under armour as it were, almost like a crustacean. He goes from one colour to another like a chameleon, so he's got these weird survival skills."

Technically not brand new info, but I'm interested by what this implies - it reads that Upgrade was specifically created/enhanced for a purpose, rather than just roiding himself out because he wants to be better. I'm also happy with the phrasing "a group of rogue predators," since it reinforces my strong preference that it's just one sect doing this rather than the species as a whole.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Is this a male pred?

D88M

D88M

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 18, 2018, 03:48:45 PM
"the idea is that a group of rogue Predators on their world is not happy that they've been bested not once but twice – and perhaps more – by humans. They send their champions, and the champions never come home. "This is not sitting well with a group that's particularly contentious and ambitious. So I think they conspire to produce a second Predator, the one you see in the movie, who's basically an assassin. He is bred using traits from other species that they have hunted to be the enforcer, the guy who just gets it done. He has a sort of under armour as it were, almost like a crustacean. He goes from one colour to another like a chameleon, so he's got these weird survival skills."

Technically not brand new info, but I'm interested by what this implies - it reads that Upgrade was specifically created/enhanced for a purpose, rather than just roiding himself out because he wants to be better. I'm also happy with the phrasing "a group of rogue predators," since it reinforces my strong preference that it's just one sect doing this rather than the species as a whole.

That is actually a good and interesting idea for a story which gives me  a *little* hope hope in the movie turning out not so bad after all. But i cannot get over the fact that they are gonna include stuff from the AVP movies, basically making them canon. Is the worst possible idea.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I hope it will be just nods to AVP, nothing more, no factual acknowledgement of those events. I don't buy that for a second actually.

Richman678

Richman678

You know it looks like the name of this magazine is SEX.

What kind of movie did Shane Black make???

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 19, 2018, 11:34:28 PM
You know it looks like the name of this magazine is SEX.

What kind of movie did Shane Black make???

A sex movie. ;D

Good thing that's a joke. I don't think a movie that's called "The Sexual Predator" is going to do very well at the box office.

Danversity

Danversity

Making AVP canon is far from being "the worst idea ever". The AVP movies might not be good, but on a world-building level they didn't destroy or interfere with nothing within the canon of the franchises. They're not Alien: Resurrection. There are far worse movies and spin-offs out there. Keeping AVP canon is a smart move because for one it lets the door open for a future AVP movie that's actually good, especially now that shared universes are a thing, and also because hell, the Xenomorph skull is still there in Predator 2. Whether it's just an easter egg or not, doesn't matter, it IS there and it does confirm that Xenomorphs exist in the Predator canon, end of story. So you might as well make AVP canon; if The Predator were to blatantly ignore AVP it would just be confusing for some people - the way Prometheus and Covenant were, but worse, since the Predator canon has a direct connection to Xenomorphs from way back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed