There were 5 structures on LV-223 (in the Prometheus film)

Started by acrediblesource, Apr 10, 2022, 03:26:46 AM

Author
There were 5 structures on LV-223 (in the Prometheus film) (Read 5,968 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Did the novels say a thing about these?

5 structures were what i counted in the infamouse scene where they first landed on the ground. There could be more...but..what? What were they? Dont tell me they were replicas of the same one.

BlueMarsalis79

One of the infuriating things about Prometheus being they never acknowledge them.

Kailem

I'd imagine it was probably something like:

1) Black goo/bioweapon storage
2) Black goo/bioweapon creation lab
3) Restaurant
4) Gift shop
5) Toilets and facilities

Kradan

But where's nightclub all Engineers get wasted at after long workday ?  And what should it be called ?  How about "Elephant In The Room" ?

Nightmare Asylum

This was always one of the things that bothered me about Prometheus - all these extra temples/structures (plus however many others that were likely there as well we didn't see), but Holloway is all up in arms that the very first one they landed at (seemingly) didn't have what he was looking for, and Shaw and David just flee right off to the Engineers' homeworld after instead of investigating LV-223's other facilities.

Would have preferred it to be established that the temple they went to was the only installation on the planet, if there were no plans to do anything with the other ones.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it's not great.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 10, 2022, 04:08:44 PM
But where's nightclub all Engineers get wasted at after long workday ?  And what should it be called ?  How about "Elephant In The Room" ?

Unfortunately that scene along with the Space Disc Jockey was cut:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 10, 2022, 04:14:17 PM
and Shaw and David just flee right off to the Engineers' homeworld after instead of investigating LV-223's other facilities.

Would have preferred it to be established that the temple they went to was the only installation on the planet, if there were no plans to do anything with the other ones.

Well I guess Shaw and Davidhead had to explore at least one of the other sites in order to get a working ship. Holloway throwing a fit because he found nothing at the first site on day one was just dumb.

acrediblesource

They could have added just one line "but were not done here, we can't just leave!?" and shit would have made sense and even be open to a sequel!

This was always one of the things that bothered me about Prometheus - all these extra temples/structures (plus however many others that were likely there as well we didn't see), but Holloway is all up in arms that the very first one they landed at (seemingly) didn't have what he was looking for, and Shaw and David just flee right off to the Engineers' homeworld after instead of investigating LV-223's other facilities.

Kradan

DJ Engie, yo !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 10, 2022, 04:40:09 PM
Well I guess Shaw and Davidhead had to explore at least one of the other sites in order to get a working ship. Holloway throwing a fit because he found nothing at the first site on day one was just dumb.

Yep. Holloway really annoys me off in Prometheus. Dude's an archeologist, no real expectations previously setup for him to be disappointed that everyone is dead. Annoys the crap out of me.

QuoteWould have preferred it to be established that the temple they went to was the only installation on the planet, if there were no plans to do anything with the other ones.

I would have like to have seen them at least acknowledged, but them being left open for future exploration isn't too much of a bother for me.

javablue

javablue

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 10, 2022, 03:26:46 AM
Did the novels say a thing about these?

5 structures were what i counted in the infamouse scene where they first landed on the ground. There could be more...but..what? What were they? Dont tell me they were replicas of the same one.

It's possible to compare the first and second dome (you can call them domes - that's what they are). If you do this then it looks like those first 2 domes are replicas and therefore most likely all of them are. 

But they are not physical replicas, they're glitches. You know, like those computer glitches where an image keeps replicating itself.  The crew don't visit them because they can't see them.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 10, 2022, 05:08:36 AM
One of the infuriating things about Prometheus being they never acknowledge them.

It's a puzzle movie. You have to work it out for yourself. Ridley won't help - in fact, if he does tell you something don't believe him. He's a show-man not a teller.

There are no domes on the moon, they don't exist. "There is nothing in the desert..."

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed