PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside

Started by ikarop, Mar 15, 2013, 01:37:15 AM

Author
PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside (Read 37,858 times)

Samus007

Quote from: teras on Mar 19, 2013, 11:48:33 AM
No love for the consoles then?
Expected   :-(

Gearbox has said that it is coming to consoles very soon.

teras

Quote from: Samus007 on Mar 19, 2013, 02:12:28 PM

Better textures, more fog, better lighting and 4GB, I don't think so.

EvilPraetorian

Now now,   Don't dash his hopes mate,  I was confident GBX would deliver on the PC and all the nay sayers were all saying that it wasn't going to happen..  yet here we are.

There's just as much chance as the console getting this graphical enhancement,  The texture resolutions may need tweaking or resizing so that console hardware can run ACM adequately with the graphical enhancements.

shakermakerman

Quote from: EvilPraetorian on Mar 19, 2013, 02:10:22 PM
ACM on PC is purely a steamworks title,  Regardless of that,  It's all PC's naturally :)
. Cheers mucka.

Samus007

Quote from: teras on Mar 19, 2013, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Mar 19, 2013, 02:12:28 PM

Better textures, more fog, better lighting and 4GB, I don't think so.

That 4gig update to the PC also included things that the PS3/360 got already.

Quote from them, "This update contains the changes that were in the recent update for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, along with some additional changes that will be part of future updates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

And this wouldn't be the first time a large patch has come to consoles. It wouldn't surprise me if it came it around 2 gigs when it was all said and done. We'll see, this is gearbox afterall and they aren't exactly known for telling the truth.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 18, 2013, 07:37:38 PM
Campaign

- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
    - Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.

Oooops! just noticed it...Can anyone verify that the Xenos's behavior is indeed much better?

Local Trouble

Quote from: EvilPraetorian on Mar 19, 2013, 03:26:56 PM
Now now,   Don't dash his hopes mate,  I was confident GBX would deliver on the PC and all the nay sayers were all saying that it wasn't going to happen..  yet here we are.

Has Gearbox dun gone and totally redeemed themselves?

RagingDragon

Come on, why is this board so dead? Bug Hunt just came out, with a huge PC patch that's supposed to fix graphics and *gasp* Alien AI behavior...

And no one's saying shit.

Come on, you freaking PC elitists. When there's whining to be done, ho look at all of the new comments! But something good happens and we hardly have any posts.

How is it for you guys on the PC? Is it better? Film grain? AI? Glitches? Graphics? Thought this would be huge news, but we get crickets.

Bug Hunt is also pretty fun, save for those god-awful WY mercs, and for $15, it offers far more playtime than any of the weak CoD DLC's which are priced the same. I still agree with some of you that they should've just thrown it in for free, but that would require some intelligence on their part. Still, it's easily worth the money compared to similarly priced DLC's for other titles. Best thing about the game for me, really, besides playing Alien in mp.

EvilPraetorian

Quote from: RC on Mar 19, 2013, 05:00:24 PM

Graphically?  Yep,  It's pretty close to what we saw on the previous demo's,  Even the AI is MUCH less forgiving if you just charge in like rambo.

It's not the same as the demo's..  granted,  But it's a HUGE step closer.

RagingDragon

Quote from: EvilPraetorian on Mar 19, 2013, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: RC on Mar 19, 2013, 05:00:24 PM

Graphically?  Yep,  It's pretty close to what we saw on the previous demo's,  Even the AI is MUCH less forgiving if you just charge in like rambo.

It's not the same as the demo's..  granted,  But it's a HUGE step closer.

Thanks man.

Bitching never fails to bring those responses, sho nuff! :laugh:

Njm1983

Yeah I was wondering why you PC guys havent said much. Its nice that the graphics and AI are close to where we expected now.

Hope that they will bring some of that to the consoles, Not sure how theyll pull it off.

Played a little Bughunt today, wasnt bad. Im not really a fan of horde modes. Im too impatient a player. Didnt last long lol, jumped into a match on the 8th wave, finished that off and then got smartgunned by a W Y merc, bled out before help got to me. Only played against the mercs and they were annoying.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 19, 2013, 08:42:39 PM
Come on, you freaking PC elitists. When there's whining to be done, ho look at all of the new comments! But something good happens and we hardly have any posts.
Well, I think most people have just moved on. The game failed to impress at launch and now there are other games to play. Better games to move onto.

Kind of hard to be excited about anything involving this game really. The fixes are too little too late.

Though I might give them a look all the same just to say I did. But I can see why people don't give a shit.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteAnd no one's saying shit.

The reason no one is saying shit is because no one is playing this game any more. Because it's shit.

Patch #2 is nothing more than polishing a turd. The graphics have improved but they're still not current gen AAA graphics. The film grain is irritating and blatantly just implemented to cover up the textures that remain shitty, and you can't even turn it off The AI no longer glitches out frequently but it's still extremely basic.

Quotefor $15, it offers far more playtime than any of the weak CoD DLC's which are priced the same.

So what? COD DLC is some of the most over-priced DLC on the market, it's not exactly difficult to offer better value for money than that.

Aceburster

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 19, 2013, 08:42:39 PM
Come on, why is this board so dead? Bug Hunt just came out, with a huge PC patch that's supposed to fix graphics and *gasp* Alien AI behavior...

And no one's saying shit.

How is it for you guys on the PC? Is it better? Film grain? AI? Glitches? Graphics? Thought this would be huge news, but we get crickets.

Bug Hunt is also pretty fun, save for those god-awful WY mercs, and for $15, it offers far more playtime than any of the weak CoD DLC's which are priced the same. I still agree with some of you that they should've just thrown it in for free, but that would require some intelligence on their part. Still, it's easily worth the money compared to similarly priced DLC's for other titles. Best thing about the game for me, really, besides playing Alien in mp.

Hey I posted a mod good sir, but been over at the other forums myself because everyone is apparently mad or dead here.

The game is a lot better, its challenging and more atmospheric and personally I love the filmgrain because it makes everything look less plastic and its just fine if you dont jack up the brightness.

Ive never played a horde mode before so im still getting the hang of it but its fun, im gonna try to play some online matches here in a while. I dont like the mercs but whatever, I own it so im gonna play it.

I think the game is worth taking the time to mod now because its 100% better looking and anything out of place can be fixed way quicker. Still think an SDK is really the only thing that can get people motivated again.

The game is still a 5/10 as far as being an Aliens game but im enjoying it more now. Call the cops.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Mar 20, 2013, 03:48:37 AM
QuoteAnd no one's saying shit.

The reason no one is saying shit is because no one is playing this game any more. Because it's shit.

Patch #2 is nothing more than polishing a turd. The graphics have improved but they're still not current gen AAA graphics. The film grain is irritating and blatantly just implemented to cover up the textures that remain shitty, and you can't even turn it off The AI no longer glitches out frequently but it's still extremely basic.

Quotefor $15, it offers far more playtime than any of the weak CoD DLC's which are priced the same.

So what? COD DLC is some of the most over-priced DLC on the market, it's not exactly difficult to offer better value for money than that.

Yeah, I know the game is pretty awful, but why come in here and bitch if you say you don't even play the game? I was more or less asking for the people who are trying to play it, lol.

and thanks, Ace! It's good to hear the graphics can at least bump up to the "average" level. I've never been much of a graphics person, but this game's are so bad it's literally distracting. Like the Alien AI in bug hunt, which is adequate but nothing special, I wouldn't expect they could really make the graphics more than adequate without a lot of work.

I think the Aliens work best when the Lurkers are mixed in. The warriors will be charging you as the lurkers peek around boxes or dart across the ceiling to tackle you. I got tackled by one flying into a window earlier, from a rock ledge a ways away. It was crazy. The spitters are also bothersome and accurate as hell. No rupture though, which is great. I do miss the acid, but there's always badass mode.

I still f**king hate the mercs, but now I just arc them and light them on fire.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed