AvP UK Terrestrial Premiere

Started by Darkness, Jan 19, 2008, 01:12:32 PM

Author
AvP UK Terrestrial Premiere (Read 14,577 times)

I agree with the critics, this film sucks with the acting, story and the Predalien’s Characteristics and reproduction was stupid.   I am very disappointed with this film. 20th century fox should have hired experienced directors and writers not bunch of Ridley Scott and James Cameron wannabes that’s what made the Alien and Predator films fantastic.   Better yet they should have not made the AVP 1

Bio Mech Hunter

I've seen AVP:R three times so far, and after running a few comparisons to the first film and discussing them both, I have to say I enjoyed the first film a lot more. AVP:R was good, but very disappointing. Skewed is actually a more accurate word. The Strause Bros. were absolutely full of it.   >:(   The film was basically a wet dream for rabid Predator fanboys, and in direct effect, ruined both species.   :'(   Then there's their vision of the Pred-Alien. With it's fancy new reproductive method. And with that, "The Brothers Strause" have officially pissed canon down the toilet.  There were lots of little things it got right, but the main elements of the film were so one sided and butchered. Something I give props to the first film.  I would've liked to have seen the first film the way Anderson originally wanted it, rather than the watered down, edited version Fox dished out.   >:(  

Heavy Metal Spike

Yeah - face it guys - AVP-R is officially a "bag of poo" .......  The ADI book is pretty cool though!  .

Psykorgasm

Psykorgasm

*waits for praises of AvP1 now* Oh dear, f**k that. AvP:R is soo much better than Anderson's piece of shit. I doubt Anderson's own idea of the film without the Fox tampering, it still would've sucked arse. He's already f**ked up the Resident Evil films.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Psykorgasm: Hell yeah!!! I'm not saying avpr was great but much better then avp, Anderson almost ruined predator!

stevens

stevens

Im a predator fan and i liked avpr some scenes where a direct copy of the first predator .The scene when the predators healing himself, the way he takes his helmet off near the end thes a lot of nods to the fans.But on the other hand im also an alien fan and the predalien was not explained what so ever.No wonder they showed pictures of it you hardly so it.And for the record why have you got to have so many humans in it you only needed the two brothers .

snakePredator

snakePredator

Men....the Predators in AVP are FAT....  AvP : R for me...is a great great movie...i know the acting is bad, and the script is la lot used...but i loved the film...i watched it two times in the theater

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

I'm glad to see some people on here  saw the point. When you all woke up to see this film, you were really going to see Aliens and Predator a Predalien fight. And that's what we got.   And for people who are lost with the Predalien reproduction thing. That's what all Pretorians do. It's something to start a hive. When it made it to full Quueen, it would have gone back to laying eggs. Have to admist though I love the Reproduction method used, its alot faster and more disturbing. I mean I love the eggs, and the Queen was always my fav. alien but hat doesn't mean I'm not allowed to like the Predaliena dneverything about it more.

Joker

Joker

I don't think they could find any real Directors to make this film. I don't think alot of Directors really care. I think we always needed fans to make films like this. I love this movie and I really do put it in my list of:  AVP-R Predator Aliens  as my fav of all of them

Joker

Joker

Does anyone know what the box office total for this film is now thats its in the UK. Does it look like it might spawn AVP3???

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Entertainment-wise: Was surprisingly fun!  Acting-wise: Functional. I don't know what all the fuss about it being 'bad' is supposedly about. There were some points where I thought characters should have had different reactions, but would imagine that's more to do with how the directors wanted it.  The concept: This is not the 'Aliens Versus Predator' film we've been waiting for. It needed less high-octane and a heck of a lot more ominous dread.  Basically, it was the sort of film 'Slither' could have been, if it had tried to be serious.

dachande89

dachande89

Ok I enjoyed the film, it had some great fights wih aliens and the predator, and I thought wolf was badass. i enjoyed it. But to the people who have said that it holds up to the movies Alien, Aliens, and Predator, I think u have to be high. I mean it was good, but those films were brilliant. This movie was not. It had good action, but no suspense, no good charaters, no great dialogue. It was good, but nothing to Aliens or Predator.

Ryan741

Ryan741

Went to see the film last night with my girlfriend is has just opened in the UK, had a blast, really enjoyed it, being a big fan of both creatures i came away from the film smiling, would see it again, I've never seen a film so picked on by the press, what were they expecting?  An oscar winning masterpiece?   The film was great fun   :)    Ryan

SHREK

SHREK

@ joker are u joking??    :o    u really wud put AVPR over Predator and Aliens??????????

TarheelPredator

What do you guys expect?  It's a avp movie and what we got was avp...it's a great movie for what it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed