AvPGalaxy Exclusive: James Franco To Appear in Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2016, 03:28:23 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: James Franco To Appear in Alien: Covenant! (Read 58,318 times)

HuDaFuK

The cat's out the bag!

Ingwar

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 09, 2016, 11:58:46 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 09, 2016, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2016, 04:25:02 PM
QuoteFranco will be appearing in Alien: Covenant as Branson, the captain of the Covenant and husband of Katherine Waterson' Daniels. Franco's appearance in Alien: Covenant will only be brief, though. He appears in the first ten minutes or so of the film with later small appearances.

Spoiler
Is the rumour that he dies in the beginning while still in cryosleep correct then Corporal? But how will he appear again later on? As a corpse, flashback or zombie?
[close]

You're right regarding the rumour. It seems that that mysterious person from imdb was right.

What else did this IMDB user say?

Check out Sagardoa posts:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/thread/262612841?p=3

John Doe

Don´t you think it will look like a Shaw/Holloway 2.0?.

SiL

I don't think they give a shit.

Ingwar

Quote from: John Doe on Dec 10, 2016, 10:39:12 AM
Don´t you think it will look like a Shaw/Holloway 2.0?.

No. Because character played by Franco will
Spoiler
die at the very beginning of the movie.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 10, 2016, 09:51:40 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Dec 09, 2016, 11:58:46 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 09, 2016, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2016, 04:25:02 PM
QuoteFranco will be appearing in Alien: Covenant as Branson, the captain of the Covenant and husband of Katherine Waterson' Daniels. Franco's appearance in Alien: Covenant will only be brief, though. He appears in the first ten minutes or so of the film with later small appearances.

Spoiler
Is the rumour that he dies in the beginning while still in cryosleep correct then Corporal? But how will he appear again later on? As a corpse, flashback or zombie?
[close]

You're right regarding the rumour. It seems that that mysterious person from imdb was right.

What else did this IMDB user say?

Check out Sagardoa posts:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/thread/262612841?p=3

Here's a few more details. Thanks Himmelblau for the link!

Spoiler
He dies trapped in his cryo chamber after an accident that happens to Covenant.

You can't really tell it's him though cuz he's wearing like a balaclava and only see his eyes. After that you can see him clearly but only in a video message he had previously sent his wife,(as he is scaling a mountain cliff). She watches it after the crew has a funeral for him and repairs are made to the ship - that's pretty much it for Franco's role!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/board/thread/264001053?p=2

At least this explains how he manages to reappear later in the film even though he's dead. So it's probably safe to assume he isn't a zombie.  :)
[close]

Infected

He will die of an explosion on the ship and that will make them go to the planet as i read somewhere.
But looking at Wikipedia Franco was already on there last night, and reading the movie discription,
the only survivor on the hostile planet is David, and reading up on Scott he said these movies will lead up to the events of Alien,
and we will come to find out who made the xenomorphs, so the easiest guess in this it will all be David/Fassbender,
the creator of these creatures, if im correct the xenomorph is or has some robot aspects (i dont know how you call it in English)
in where the engineers failed to create the ultimate weapon, David succeeds.
And the theory of White Rabbit could be close also that the Derelict is on the Covenant and that the cargo hold are the Covenant crew turned into eggs.
Following this theory this could be the ultimate let down of the whole Alien series.

whiterabbit

haha no way could that be true however I am starting to worry that David might have actually created the modern prometheus and that would be a let down. If a facehugger rapped him and that's how it got it's biomechanical look, I can live with that. Since for a long time we had guessed that the alien got the look from the alien pilot. Of course most of us assumed that the space jockey was the biomechanical donation....

newagescamartist

I kind of hope that David is the creator of the xenomorph. It'll truly be the Hollywood version of the gnostic texts. David is the demi-urge, and the xenomorph is his archon. The engineers are the aeons, and paradise is an extension of the pleroma. We see the beginning of gnostic influence in Prometheus when Shaw is impregnated. She is Sophia, birthing what will eventually become the demi-urge. It's more metaphorical, but the subtext is definitely there.

Protozoid

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 10, 2016, 09:06:25 PM
I kind of hope that David is the creator of the xenomorph. It'll truly be the Hollywood version of the gnostic texts. David is the demi-urge, and the xenomorph is his archon. The engineers are the aeons, and paradise is an extension of the pleroma. We see the beginning of gnostic influence in Prometheus when Shaw is impregnated. She is Sophia, birthing what will eventually become the demi-urge. It's more metaphorical, but the subtext is definitely there.
Thanks for that. A lot of us are aware that there is a gnostic influence on Prometheus, but I don't recall ever seeing it broken down so simply for those of us (like myself) who are not well-versed. However, if Shaw is Sophia, how can David be her offspring? My pet theory is that they reversed the gender tropes in this one, so Shaw is the knight in shining armor and David in the damsel. Could David be Sophia, or possibly Peter Weyland? I guess I'm confused lol

szkoki

So how come the the ship on LV426 be there for 100s of years then?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 11, 2016, 04:42:08 PM

There's no way that Dallas could have accurately deduced that the space jockey was in fact fossilized.  He could have been quite wrong about that.

whiterabbit

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 11, 2016, 04:42:08 PM
Well in the leaked set pics the engineers all appeared to have been Pompeii'd or outright petrified. No reason to think that the same thing didn't happened to the Space Jockey from Alien. It's possible that all those engineers were alive when David got to Paradise and not leftovers from a battle log ago. So yea, the derelict could only be a few years crashed when the Nostromo arrives.

Necronomicon II

Yeah Dallas never established whether it actually was fossilized, just that it looked fossilized. 

whiterabbit

Yep, it was just his best educated guess. Nothing more, nothing less.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed