O'Bannon Hates...Everything?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2007, 12:10:48 AM

Author
O'Bannon Hates...Everything? (Read 12,716 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We all know who Dan O’Bannon is, don’t we? That fella who spawned the idea for Alien. Ya know him, he wrote the original Alien script? The one with the Snark and Robbie and an all male crew? Yeah, that guy! Well Den of Geek recently got chance to interview him:

Did you have any more input into AvP2: Requiem than just your credit as having created the alien character?

No, no. You've got to understand that Walter Hill and David Giler, who have been attached to the project from the beginning, they hate my guts. Because they're scoundrels. They thought that by pulling a couple of fast ones that they could steal my screenplay credit from the original Alien.”

The interview covers a lot of his other movies but there is quite a bit about Alien/vs Predator in there. Dan seems like quite a bitter man to tell the truth, he talks a lot about his relationship with the producers, his opinions on the direction of the franchise and his own idea for AvP – which thank God, was never realized.

Be sure to read the whole thing. Den of Geek also has two more Alien related articles up: A Call For Aliens Without The Predator and The History of Xenosex. I haven’t read them yet so I don’t know what they’re about. Thanks to geestewart for the news.

JohnnyhatesJazz

JohnnyhatesJazz

He's just mad because he'll get pwned by the new film!

shakermakerman

"Videogame. I did have an idea that they didn’t use, and that was that the alien in his next phase turns into the predator. But they weren’t interested in hearing from me…at least it would have had some continuity between the two ideas."     :o  

Blaz

Blaz

Egh, that's a pretty crazy concept.

Venenoso

Venenoso

"and that was that the alien in his next phase turns into the predator" I hope that was mis-quoted. If what went on with Alien is true, I can understand he's upset, but man that idea suck worse than anything Paul A could pull out of his pockets    :o  

mightydreadlock

mightydreadlock

That second article "A Call For Aliens Without The Predator", man what a moron. Everybody knows Predator is the better film anyway. Alien is pretentious pulp.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

are you kidding me?   is this guy doped up or something?  that's one of the dumbest concepts i've ever heard in my life.

Sulaco

Sulaco

After everything I've seen, maybe the franchises are over, they are doomed and everything I hoped for is gone. I hate to be negative about my favorite movies, but f$ck, that's it, game over man. This new movie looks mediocre at best.

Demonio Cazador

Great articles, very enlightening. But the Alien to Predator concept...Glad they didn't listen to him!!

nickbb43

nickbb43

Alien turning into the Predator? This man clearly has dimensia and should be euthanized

Corporal Hicks

Re: Sulaco  No, there are ideas. It's just only those less able are choose to do new films. Fox aren't film makers, they're business men. They go with what sounds cool and'll make money, not good films.

bissop

bissop

Predator 1 is better than Alien 1 ? Because of story or what reason ???   ;D   mightydreadlock, you're a stupid predator fanboy. Nothing more to say.  ::)  

frenchpred

frenchpred

Predator is the number 1 movie ever.  Even Alien can't beat it.

Predator-S

Predator-S

So Predator is the last phase of the Alien? lol and to think some people said the Strause had f**ked up ideas...This guy is nuts!    :D  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Only in your personal opinions is it "better". You'll find that if you consult the top 100 lists of critics who know what they're talking about and the film-viewing public, at large, 'Alien' always scores much higher than 'PRedator' ever does.  Don't base your feelings on action sequences being what makes a 'good' film. 'The Terminator' would never have become the classic it was, if all there was going for it were the action scenes.  Besides which, 'Predator' only works marginally well as a horror. They're very different styles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed