ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 150,934 times)

SM

SM

Again, they Lebbon might not have been able to use the Engineers even if they wanted to.
That doesn't make the existing story complicated or incoherent.

While there are some inconsistencies between Fire & Stone and River of Pain, they're telling different stories with the same starting point.

Corporal Hicks

And to be fair, River of Pain did clear up some of the murkiness that Fire and Stone brought up.

Prez

Prez

Having read all 3 of this trilogy now (and listening to the first one in audiobook) I have to say I enjoyed them all immensely.

Yes some elements were a bit `well hang on that goes against what happened in the films' but I think they were still enjoyable.

Predator@Alien

So one of them is not canon it's logic. If they tell different story one can't be canon. And of course it's incoherent, read what I said, many things are impossible...

SM

SM

Could you give some examples?

Both River of Pain and Fire & Stone are considered canon.

Predator@Alien

Like I told you before : "The E.T. are very uncommon in the universe. In this saga, we know just two other species : Xenomorphs and Engineers. And in this book, there is another species : The Dog-Alien. Okay why not. But coincidentally, they also know the Xenomorphs"

Can you explain that to be logic in the story ?

I didn't hear anything about Fire and Stone which is canon. Moreover, Fire and Stone and River of Pain tell two different story but both are canon... How is it possible ? And even if it's written in the W-Y Report, the Fox didn't say anything about it, there aren't Predator in the Alien franchise ! If there are Predators, we can say that the tree films are canon, every comics, AVP films and everything, it's not logical...

SM

SM

QuoteLike I told you before : "The E.T. are very uncommon in the universe. In this saga, we know just two other species : Xenomorphs and Engineers. And in this book, there is another species : The Dog-Alien. Okay why not. But coincidentally, they also know the Xenomorphs"

Can you explain that to be logic in the story ?

I'm not sure how introducing a new species makes it illogical? 

QuoteMoreover, Fire and Stone and River of Pain tell two different story but both are canon... How is it possible ?

The Aliens portion of Fire & Stone starts around the time of the end of River of Pain.  How is it not possible?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Nov 04, 2016, 10:38:46 PM
Like I told you before : "The E.T. are very uncommon in the universe. In this saga, we know just two other species : Xenomorphs and Engineers. And in this book, there is another species : The Dog-Alien. Okay why not. But coincidentally, they also know the Xenomorphs"

Aliens the film introduced (briefly in conversation from the Marines during their meal on the Sulaco) The Acturians. That's another ET species in canon.

Predator@Alien

Because not many species are known by humans but by chance they know them... It's a big coincidence ...

So in River of Pain we can see the Onager ? The same people ?

SM

SM

Because not many species are known by humans but by chance they know them... It's a big coincidence ...

Why?  We're introduced to not one, but two new species in the very first film.  I don't understand where you're coming from.

QuoteSo in River of Pain we can see the Onager ? The same people ?

Yes.  Anne Jorden at one point considers the Onager as a possible means of escape and notices the three protagonists of Fire & Stone, Dione, Cale and Russell, conspiring in a corner.  She late notices that they've disappeared.

Predator@Alien

Ah ! So okay for Fire and Stone.

But yes, like I said, there are not many species in space, which are discovered by the humans. They discovered two new species in the first film, it's a coincidence but one more again ! Moreover, this new species is link to the Aliens. So every species who will be discovered by humans will be link to the Aliens ? Is it automatic or an obligation ? In case this is really a big coincidence...

SM

SM

Sorry, I still don't understand the problem.

If you look at the wider lore, there have been archeological digs on other planets, meaning there were other civilizations in the cosmos.  This one got wiped out by the Aliens on LV-178 sometime eons in the past.

Predator@Alien

Yes... why not !

SM

SM

Quite.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed