ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 152,222 times)

HuDaFuK

The shuttle's design doesn't really allow for any other hatches. Plus we see virtually all of the interior in the first two films and there's no other hatches visible.

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 17, 2016, 09:52:58 PM
The shuttle's design doesn't really allow for any other hatches. Plus we see virtually all of the interior in the first two films and there's no other hatches visible.

There could be a service hatch on the outer hull that may not be easily visible throughout the interior.  Unless there's a canon set of schematics that I don't know about, I see how anyone can rule it out.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 22, 2016, 06:21:08 PMThere could be a service hatch on the outer hull that may not be easily visible throughout the interior.

Except, given what the story states, it would need to be a hatch big enough to walk through, which would be very apparent.

Ultramorph

My copy of OotS is in storage, so I was wondering if anyone could quote the bits describing the dog-aliens and the xenos that hatched out of them. I think I might try my hand at some fan art!

Predator@Alien

How the Xenomorph came to LV-178 ? The Dog Aliens carrying them ?

HuDaFuK

Yes. They brought them on their ship.

It's implied they were transporting them and they got loose, either before or after the ship crashed there.

Predator@Alien

Ah thank you  ;) but why is it not simply a Juggernaut of the Engineers...

SM

SM

Because they're making more Prometheus movies and you can open a can of worms by writing about them, only to have a film contradict it.

Which has been the story of the franchise for nearly 30 years.

windebieste

Earlier. It's certainly nothing new.  Such conflicts started when the script for 'ALIEN' that Foster was working from was revised and the novel failed to include such updates. So, before the first movie was even released, say 1978.

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

Publishing timeframes meant stuff like that constantly occurs (still).  I was more referring to stuff that went beyond the films (Aliens Book 1) being produced while the franchise owner was writing a film that would negate it.

SiL

SiL

Besides which the problems for Foster weren't script updates, it was the designs used and how the film was edited that deviated.

windebieste

They still manifested as conflicts in the end.

It's not like there's just one Author, either, that has the privilege of sticking to a unique and unified vision.  Does anyone have a roadmap of what constitutes content and what doesn't for this series?  Canon has become so flexible here, I don't think it matters that minor conflicts occur any more.

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2016, 12:03:27 AM
Besides which the problems for Foster weren't script updates, it was the designs used and how the film was edited that deviated.

Yeah.  You can recut or even reshoot parts of a film very close to the release date (reshooting the end of Alien3 was done a couple of weeks before release from memory), but you can't send a book back for edits that's likely already gone to press or being shipped.

Even with Fox trying to avoid conflicts with their current extra-film media, I'm sure the toes they were trying to avoid stepping on for Prometheus 2 back in 2014 have moved.

windebieste

It does appear that Fox have become more concerned with the meta universe being more cohesive and consistent.  Hopefully, there'll be less conflicts from now on. 

-Windebieste.

Predator@Alien

There are all the same inconsistencies... The E.T. are very uncommon in the universe. In this saga, we know just two other species : Xenomorphs and Engineers. And in this book, there is another species : The Dog-Alien. Okay why not. But coincidentally, they also know the Xenomorphs ! It's strange no ? That's why I don't like this story... Just put Engineer with a Juggernaut like in Alien is not complicated and not incoherent !

Another inconsistency, between Alien River of Pain and Aliens Fire and Stone. Both are canon but they tell a different story...

That's why I repeats, for me Fire and Stone are'nt canon, moreover there are Predators, it's not logic... If they are here, we can now say that every AVP is canon... It's stupid I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed