New interview with Randy Pitchford

Started by Darkness, Sep 12, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

Author
New interview with Randy Pitchford (Read 51,961 times)

Darkness

Darkness

New interview with Randy Pitchford. Starts talking about ACM at 20:00 for about 15 minutes.

He says Sega was really pressing it to be out quickly and he says they could have benefited with a few more months development time. Says they invested their own money from Borderlands 2 into ACM.

Xenomrph

QuoteSays they invested their own money from Borderlands 2 into ACM.
From all reports it seemed to be the other way around.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 12, 2017, 07:02:24 PM
He says Sega was really pressing it to be out quickly and he says they could have benefited with a few more months development time.

Quickly? They had 7 years...

Samhain13

Can't trust a single word this guy says.

Olde

Olde

First he says he's really proud of the game. Then he says there's nothing he would change about it. Then he says it's a 7, 7.5 level game (out of 10), which it's most definitely not. But even if it was, that means he's proud of Gearbox's work on and wouldn't change anything about a 7/7.5 quality game? What does that tell you about his standards?

Needless to say, the guy's full of shit when it comes to A:CM. Always has been and always will be.

Paranoid Android

PsyKore

Still plays victim to this day and passes it off as conspiracy theories or blames some other thing/group/person as the problem. You were contracted to make the game, you f**ked it, it's your fault, randy.

P-Rock

P-Rock

He should change his name to Randy Pitchfraud. Everybody knows that they took the money and put it into BL2, while outsourcing all the work to mediocre studios like TimeGate. It's good that Jim Sterling went after his ass for all the lies he's been spreading.

Xenomrph

I still refuse to buy any new Gearbox-developed games after all this nonsense.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 16, 2017, 03:53:15 PM
I still refuse to buy any new Gearbox-developed games after all this nonsense.

I'm the same. I've not touched nor will I ever touch the Borderlands. It's silly, I know, but it's my own little rebellion.

Darkness

Don't say that! I thought the same and then I played Borderlands 2. One of my top 5 games of last generation. 

PsyKore

PsyKore

That's true, Borderlands 2 is a great game. If I didn't play it before A:CM, though, I probably wouldn't have touched it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 16, 2017, 09:20:15 PM
Don't say that! I thought the same and then I played Borderlands 2. One of my top 5 games of last generation. 
Don't care, it could be the best game ever made and playing it could literally cure cancer, and I wouldn't play it on principle.

That said I'm really not a fan of "loot shooters" (Borderlands, Destiny, The Division, etc) so I don't feel I'm missing out on much anyway. It's just not a genre of games I enjoy.

Local Trouble

Aw, c'mon.  Why can't you just let bygones be bygones?  Give old Randy another chance.

Xenomrph

If he just acknowledged Gearbox's role in this whole mess, sure, I could probably do that. As it is, why should I reward bad behavior?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed