AvP Premiere Cancelled?

Started by Darkness, Aug 10, 2004, 10:24:17 PM

Author
AvP Premiere Cancelled? (Read 14,973 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to Cinescape, the premiere of AvP, which was supposed to be today at Grauman’s Chinese Theater has been cancelled. With this report and what Lance Henriksen said, it appears Paul Anderson is still working on the film.

“ALIEN VS. PREDATOR had been listed on the Mann Theaters website for a scheduled movie premiere at Grauman’s Chinese Theater today, August 10. However, the listing has now vanished, and the scooper that sent us the news has informed us that the premiere has in fact been cancelled. Perhaps there might have been a kernel of truth to those rumors after all… “

What I don’t understand is how the MPAA could rate an unfinished film but Alien vs Predator is still scheduled to be released on Friday.
Thanks to BoB for the news.

G-Dog

G-Dog

I smell R rating!!  I am trying to figure out how all the theaters are going to recieve their copies of the film in time to show it on the 13th if the film isn't finished yet! how does that wrok?

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

I smell that its august 10th so they just took it off cuz august 10th is today! so it "happened" or is going to happen tonight! and that some guy is pulling ur chain!

tribalcore

tribalcore

not that it matters but the movie batman forever was finished the day before its release date. but gotta give paul anderson credit at least hes putting his time and efforts into this to make it as right as possible. guess we'll have to wait and see

doubleagent

doubleagent

The MPAA rates the finished film and gives it a rating.  However the studio can tweak it and re-submit it to possibly achieve a different rating.  Which is what they did for The Chronicles of Riddick.  Also the MPAA has a legend here:  http://www.filmratings.com/Explain.htm

vamp

vamp

sounds like a piece of shit to me

Oh

Oh

Yeah, but with Riddick they cut it down to a PG13 from an R,    with AVP it would have to be the other way round, but who cares   I GOT GREAT EXAM RESULTS    ;D     Yay me!!

G-Dog

G-Dog

Its still coming out on the 13th. Got to have faith I guess, it just seems as though its too late for tweeking to me. And yeap, goes to show you how serious Paul is about AVP, really is his dream come true as well....

J

J

Dog, what makes you say ' R ' rated, have you heard something?  I reckon the 12th is your best bet.

vamp

vamp

there is always the fact that it would b 'r' if it was in 1979. Because Alien was rated 'r' back then so it would be PG-13 today because the requirements for an 'R' rating has changed. So to conclude it is probaly just as good (im hoping better) than the other movies. i may b the one of the youngest avp fans but i know wat im talkin about

Somebody

Somebody

I don't think that this is related to MPAA rating. AvP got a PG-13 certificate.  Paul Anderson is just looking over and over again the movie, to make sure that everything is okay. If he finds some problem, especially CGI related, then he will correct that! It's a good thing that Paul really takes his time on the movie.......I would rather see a finished product, than a unfinished product on the 13th.....

Soul

Soul

Vamp, Alien was re-released....last year at Halloween...it was still rated R.....gg.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I dont know why the hell you people keep insisting that if Alien 1 were at the theater in todays time it wouldnt be rated R, well the fact is is that the directors cut was released last october and got an 'R'  rating so i dont know what the hell you people think your talking about but an alien being breaking through some human beings chest and loads of blood and gore shooting every which way is a deffinate R rating 100% no matter what way you look at it.The only reason AVP wont be R will be due to the lack of harsh language and human graphic death scenes.The fact that were going to see florecent green blood and yellowish acid blood is not looked apon with such repercutions like it would if it were depicted as red human blood.So stop trying to say that alien 1 pg 13 material in this day and age because facts are facts and this was proved that it is indeed still RRRRRRRRRRR material.

Tailbite

Tailbite

I hope that AVP is rated R!

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

hey Bringer of Death, how can they call him an ugly sob instead of an ugly mf and still try to make it look cool? thats a classic line of continuity

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed