VFXWorld AvPR Article

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 30, 2007, 05:32:14 PM

Author
VFXWorld AvPR Article (Read 19,230 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Izzet over at Alien Experience found a really interesting article over at VFXWorld that they posted before AvPR’s release. It deals with a lot of technical related stuff but it’s quite a good read:

“The film came in under budget, “which doesn’t seem to happen too often around here,” Colin says. “It actually freed up money so the studio would let us expand the movie and do the Predator home world and bunch of other cool sequences.”

Even though the film is out and the majority of our forum members probably hate it, I’d still recommend giving the article a read.

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

I don't hate AvPR, i love it! (this coming from a fan that will love anything Alien/Predator related)

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

I like avp:r  it was  great movies.

maro

maro

yeah, right ... they know they suck ..... i dont care for some lame talk.... i hope that crap is the last of this bullshit series ....

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

"Even though the film is out and the majority of our forum members probably hate it, "    Uhm .. NO! That is just wrong ... look at some polls etc. ... the mos like it!  greetz

sandro

sandro

great movie

mariog

mariog

yeah..it seems almost only the haters spend their time bitching about it. the other ones have lves outside the web   ;D  

Biz

Biz

I enjoyed it and will see it again. I think most of the fans are satisfied with what it was.

Starkiller

Starkiller

cant wait to watch this film (uk fan)    ;D  

Caddylac Chrome

Caddylac Chrome

It's not as good as I excpected but I still liked it and will buy the DVD.

Otnip

Otnip

Darkness, don't get too down about all the reviews. This type of movie can be judged pretty unpredictably by the viewer despite what it may seem like. You might hate it, you might like it, but until time goes on I don't see it too beloved.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Um, Corporal Hicks posted this news.

ewhtam3

ewhtam3

i do admit there were some flaws, but the Bros. did a good job at bringing back the ruthless predator and puting in some great fighting scenes. also watch the movie ***MEET THE SPARTANS***.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hicks, no, Darkness does everything on here. Didn't ya know? All the different staff, they're Darkness.

stopit

stopit

i've liked every movie in both franchises so far.  AVP being one of the most under rated, mostly because its the most different.  Hey all you gore heads, the original Alien movies weren't R for violence or gore, they were R because they did what a horror movie is supposed to:  created a mood that would cause minors nightmares.  Gore for gores sake isn't scary.  Predator 2 was also under rated because Conan didn't reprise his role.  But despite your fanboy protestations AVPr doesn't fit anywhere.  While the other movies had decent scripts, direction, acting, fx, lighting, pacing, etc  AVPr has no redeeming qualities.  The fight scenes are fleeting.  No tension.  The predator home world SUCKED!  Now that you've seen one glimpse of a Mars-like world the next time the Pred home world is shown you will be disappointed if it doesn't look the same.  Regardless of whether the script rocks you people will cry, that's not what the Strause Brothers showed.  Wah, the Strause Bros will NOT be directing another installment thank god so don't get attached to any plotlines from this turd.  If another effort is green lit then it will be completely different than AVPr.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed