New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 17, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

Author
New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages (Read 24,285 times)

Imbrie

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 19, 2017, 04:11:04 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Apr 19, 2017, 04:06:03 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 19, 2017, 04:02:39 PM
It's not a cape. Those are flames.

It's quite clearly a cape. He has little boots on too.

:)

Just wait, it's the retcon of all retcons. The Xeno will actually be heroic now, according to Ridley, just misunderstood.

Corporal Hicks

Pvt. Himmel

Ingwar

Rosenthal is Jewish.

ReluctantNerd

Yeah she's a bit explicitly Jewish there. I'm not expecting any subtle or meaningful exploration of loss of faith, or faith versus hard unpleasant facts in this movie. Learned my lesson with Prometheus  :laugh:

dcsat

Surely you mean Demián Bichir as Lope?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: dcsat on Apr 20, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
Surely you mean Demián Bichir as Lope?
Surely,  you jest!!

fernandito

dat Rosenthal girl is gonna have Neomorph problems

DorkiDori

Danny McBride humor at its best ;)

Anthony

Anthony

Is it a good idea to drink alcohol before going into cryosleep? IDK why I'm asking this question, but it popped into my head and I now can't get rid of it.

cliffhanger

i don't think it would do much, as if it would matter, it would mean the digestive system is still in operation, or other functions, and one can assume that it'll be more or less on near full-standstill, so it would only mean they wake up with a hangover despite having travelled dozens of years.

which brings me to what tennessee mentions; their destination is on the other side of the galaxy. he mentions his baby brother (probably somewhere between 15yo and 25 y tops), then being old, fat and losing hair, and his brothers kids, so that means his brother must still be A) alive and B)have reproduced lol. also old enough to thus be definately old. so if he's youngest at about 15 years old, that means the travel cant be longer than let's say 50 years old, his brother being 65 then, and having kids, that can be about 20ish perhaps. if we go by that he's at tops 25, then that means it's max 40 years of travel.

after all, babybrother is a cool term for his brohter, but surely not literal; if his brother is a baby now, let's say 1 years old, well,danny mcbride is 40 years old, so his parents should be 60-ish and i have a very solid hard time believing a 60year old mother gave birth recently. not impossible offcourse, but rather an exception, not the norm. so i think babybrother is rather a sentimental statement instead of factual.

so intended journey is between 40 and 50 years i suppose. let's leave it at 45 years of travel.

szkoki

I hope these arent meant to fill the gaps in character  development in the movie itsel like the crew messages for Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

That's my concern as well when it comes to most viral marketing these days.

D88M

"szkoki Posted about 6 hours ago
I hope these arent meant to fill the gaps in character  development in the movie itsel like the crew messages for Prometheus."

i am afraid so

NickisSmart

Took a look at the latest Crew Messages, and Empire stills! Lots to discuss! Spoilers, obviously! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed