Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions (Read 25,708 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 10:11:26 AM
Depends on what happens if the alien comes in contact with the black goo. Something we haven't seen.

Either dies off in a painful way or, more likely, gets transformed into something just as dangerous.

They'd have been better off manufacturing guns. :)

QuoteIt was heavily referenced in Prometheus already.

Not overtly.

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 17, 2015, 06:43:51 PM
ULTRAMORPH

my guess would be that this "god" created Engineers and humans (it's why we share DNA).
They got jealous and that's why they want to wipe us out.

But that's what the Engineers were depicted as doing in a flashback: Spreading their DNA around. That's what they want (or at least, once wanted).

Quote from: Robot Sentry on Sep 18, 2015, 04:17:56 AM
Aren't there theories of the Annunaki having reptilian counterparts or something along those lines?

Going by mythology? Not quite. Reptilian and even half-fish beings are referenced in cultures, but as completely different species, not working in tandem. Reptilian ones are generally depicted with proper faces, not masks over them.

Ultramorph

In fairness to the "begins to answer," they have talked about a trilogy since before Prometheus came out. It also doesn't hurt to have more realistic expectations this time around. The hype they stirred before the first movie was bound to leave people disappointed.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 17, 2015, 10:27:14 AM
We should probably be careful.....Ridley tends to spill a lot of beans pre movie......

You're right. The first thing I heard Scott say about Prometheus, just days after it was announced, was "the thing in the chair - it's a suit."  :-\

lelder shadow warrior

lelder shadow warrior

hi i am back prometheus wil dam good movie see all predator 4

Alien³

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 18, 2015, 10:05:20 PM
QuoteIt was heavily referenced in Prometheus already.

Not overtly.

Really?

Seemed like they were referencing the alien directly in these examples.

whiterabbit

It's almost like Scott is using the alien as a trump card in case the Prometheus series doesn't pan out. Like just connecting the end of Prometheus 3 with Alien is going to hush everyone up.

Alien³

Alien³

Well he is definitely using the alien franchise as the canvas for exploring.

Xenomorphine

Yes, really. :) Those are just subtextual references. None of them involve the Alien, itself. That's what Lindelof/Scott are on the record as saying wouldn't be dealt with until a third prospective film.

whiterabbit

Ok so we just gotta make it though this next film to slide in to alien continuity. I can dig that.

Infected

Infected

So the engineer suit is made like that so no facehugger can go in their mouths?
And even if they mix with an engineer you get mutated xeno like the one from Prometheus in the end,
when he opens his mouth only a meat thing comes out and not the attacking.....jaw thing.

So they made the eggs, to impregnate us humans and therefor creating xenomorphs for an attack force,
to attack....predators?? :D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The derelict left lv223 with ampules that mutated into the eggs we know... that is the most logical way to tie up this 2000 year old shit. That can also mean whatever killed them on lv223 was an entirely different form of contagion from the same mutagen. Dallas was a space trucker, fossilized my arse. That was not an expert opinion. haha

Basically the black goo is an ultimate weapon that allows the engineers to create life as they see fit and that means to create life to exterminate other types of life in a purely systematic way.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 20, 2015, 12:23:20 PM
The derelict left lv223 with ampules that mutated into the eggs we know... that is the most logical way to tie up this 2000 year old shit. That can also mean whatever killed them on lv223 was an entirely different form of contagion from the same mutagen. Dallas was a space trucker, fossilized my arse. That was not an expert opinion. haha

Basically the black goo is an ultimate weapon that allows the engineers to create life as they see fit and that means to create life to exterminate other types of life in a purely systematic way.
I think they just loaded up eggs and not ampules, its just a cargo hold.
And the laser keeping the eggs in sleep means the eggs where there from take off.
Thats the most logical.

As i see it, the black goo turned every living thing into a hostile entity.
But except the engineer, he turned into nothing when he fel into the water disolving into nothing, or the dna of life on Earth.
So could be the blood of the engineer coming in contact with the black goo makes both go kaput, and every inferior life beings will be dominated to its aggression.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 20, 2015, 12:23:20 PM

The eggs are on a mural being clutched by an Alien's hands with all four petals open.

Also, there would be no reason for a Queen to naturally lay ampules. :)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 17, 2015, 02:47:55 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 17, 2015, 02:32:55 PM
What if the engineer's threat  were a race considered to be the architects?

I hate making up ideas but I thought this was rather interesting to share, just food for thought.

Something makes the setting and something else casts the actors.

The architects make worlds and galaxies while the engineers make life to populate them. And of course, because it is a movie, they have some conflict.

Doubt it. Say it'll just be some other war race.

Well if Mr. Scott does not follow my vision for his upcoming movie then he leaves me no other choice than to criticize his film at every opportunity I get!

Spoiler
Sarcasm
[close]

Architects are usually associated as deities, as aforementioned could denote a possible idea.

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 19, 2015, 10:05:02 PM
Well he is definitely using the alien franchise as the canvas for exploring.

As an Alien fan it feels very disappointing to see him do this.  :-[

PRJ_since1990

A...greater...threat?!

There's a few ideas that come to mind. One must be mankind. Prometheus was the first privately funded deep-space exploration mission, if we are going off pure Prometheus lore, so the Engineers must foresee mankind developing the capability and capacity to explore and colonize new worlds in mass scale. Perhaps that is a threat over their dominion?

Another idea is another species, represented by the different style of ship shown at the beginning of the film and used in an Easter Egg space battle in Aliens: Colonial Marines (like it or not, FOX says it's canon so clearly they mean to depict two different races). Possible civil war or perhaps the original Space Jockey is NOT an Engineer but something else completely?

Finally, my personal hope, is that the greater threat is THE PREDATOR RACE, BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT?!
Obviously there are reasons not to go this route, but I don't see it as an impossibility. FOX knows there is this unavoidable parallel between their two fictitious species, thanks to the comics, video games and movies. Now, knowing Ridley, he won't do this unless forced to and at that point you're probably looking at a different director if FOX won't budge.

Ultimately, I would like that route because I really like the Fire and Stone series and would love to see it made into a 2-part film series or short TV program (like hour long episodes), despite the flaws and speculative nature (but it would be able to be flushed out since the BIG QUESTIONS will have been answered at the Prometheus film series conclusion).

One final thought... what if this was a weird Aliens: Nightmare Asylum [Book 2] variant using Prometheus? Corporal Hicks knows where I'm going with this... perhaps the Xenomorphs that were "engineered" were created to fight an indigenous version of the very same creature??? Aliens Genocide with Engineers trying to control their creations? 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed