Predator: Concrete Jungle

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2004, 02:49:42 PM

Author
Predator: Concrete Jungle (Read 15,774 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Vivendi Universal have announced their game line-ups for E3 2004 and they’ve finally told us what the mystery Predator game is called and what it’s going to be about:

“Gamers will hunt down their prey in an urban killing zone as they take on the legendary role of the lethal Predator within this 3rd person action extravaganza. The intergalactic hunter has its sights set on Earth in this new console game. In Predatorâ„¢: Concrete Jungle, the gripping tale of the fearsome alien's history on Earth unfolds between two separate time periods, first the 1930s and then in the 2030s, as the Predator embarks on a mission of revenge upon an organized crime empire and its leader who seek to conquer all Predators…” Continued on the next page…

They don’t mention anything about a PC release but you can read the full report on Gamers Hell.com.

Update: I just visited Gamespot and they’ve revealed who the developers are – Eurocom Entertainment. Also the official Predator Concrete Jungle Website has been launched and features 4 screenshots. There’s two news reports on Gamespot and IGN with some new screenshots. PlanetAvP has also posted a small Video Clip (17.2MB) of the game from E3 2004.

20040507_01 20040507_02

Predgirl

Predgirl

Hmmmm interesting you play at different times well that is different well I shouldn't say that.  If anyone ever played Legacy of Kain which in those games you in different time periods.  Maybe I'll get this one to try maybe.

El Demonio Cazador de Trofeos

El Demonio Cazador de Trofeos

Wow!!! This is why I love this site!! Thanks Darkness!! you always have the latest news!!  This sounds great, playing as the Predator, hunting down humans!! The Plot reminds me a little about Aliens Vs. Predator:Eternal, I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun, I hope it comes out for Mac also!!  Can't wait! oh by the way I don't know if you have mentioned this before but there's an AvP chess set coming out! Chek: http://www.monstersinmotion.com/predator/avpchess.html  I'm telling you, this is the year of AvP!!! all things happening!!  Can't wait!

Predator2004

Predator2004

Man that is awsome but why only two time periods but oh well at least i'tll be in the 1930's.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

It sounds pretty interesting, but I hope they come out with a PC version.

Aliminator

Aliminator

nah, i still like avp 2, i hate third person action becasue it's so hard to control, and you can only be predator, nothuman and alien...

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Who cares if you can only be Pred thats better to me, cooler weapons and there has to be some sweet stealth tactics tied in there ( Predator Sam Fisher   ;)  )I think this will kick ass and Im glad it's 3rd person because i would rather see the whole Pred tearing heads from bodies than just its arms and hands in the FPS games.Dont get me wrong those games rock to but I need a change from all that.I'm just curious how it will play out in the 30's, Pred meets Mafia?.The only thing that sounds kind of ify is the part about the organized crime empire and the leader seeking to conquer the Preds? that sounds kind of cheesy.Also I'm glad I'll b playing this on my Xbox   ;D   fooya!   :D  

Growler

Growler

They should make multiple camera angles like they did with SOCOM.

Cookies

Cookies

Sounds lame to me.  Plus third person games stink on computer.  I dont wanna be a predator i rather kill them.  I wanna see a first person game where the whole point of it is to find and kill the predator.  Jungle setting and everything.  Make the game like movie where not only you have missions But theres a pred roaming around watching and soon attacks you and you have to try to kill it.   Then have multiplayer where one person is the predator and the person (human) that kills the pred becomes the pred.  Realistic games are whats hot not no arcady shit third person shooting rockets and blowing up humans.  Thats so dull.

Cookies

Cookies

same idea for alien game would kick ass! First person shoother with only humans and aliens.  Make it realistic where humans have to use technology to win and aliens just kick some human ass.  Make it on doom 3 engine and youll be wetting your pants from how scary it is.  Man i hope fox interactive buys the doom 3 or even halflife 2 engine to make a avp game or something.  Personally i rather see human and aliens only since preds are boring to play since games limit them so much because really they are WAY more powerful then humans and aliens.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Here are two screen shots from the game!  http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/667/667227/img_2116349.html  Copy and paste that link into your browser. It'll bring you to the first one, then just click "next" to see the second. Looks awesome!

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Cool! Didn't think it'd make the link clinkable. Just ignore what I said about copying and pasting it.     ;D  

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Awesome stuff, can't wait for this. :) Altough I'd rather want it to be set in the jungle, but wtf who cares.    ;D    -Rusty Nails

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I'm sp glad I have Xbox that game looks fu#$ing amazing just seeing those 2 shots.They realy stayed true to the Pred design I'm glad.Also I doubt it will look that good on Gaystation 2, that cloaked screen shot looked bomb, as did the pred.That 1 looks like hes just coming out if cloak mode and about to cut someone in half with his smart disk.Man I can't wait to rip people apart in this game.It better play as good as it's looking   ;)  .I to wish they had both Jungle and city landscapes.Have the 30'2 in the city and 2030 in the jungle a  stalking hightech mersinaries team or whatever like in Pred 1.They better have more than just the Combi stick, disk, wrist blades and most likely shoulder canon as weapons, I want to catch bastards in the net and shoot that spear tip thingy(pred 2) and that wrist canon(pred 2).They also better show you collecting skulls and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of GOOOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   ;D  

Aliminator

Aliminator

I AGREE WITH COOKIE< IT"S SO HARD TO PLAY THIRD PEERSON ACTION ON PC....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed